What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Sub-Zero General Discussion

Backdash the jump they'll fall into the clone.
This would work yeah, but only against characters whose only option is a jump in, anyone with a disjointed hitbox on normal or a tracking or controllable special can easily escape clone pressure for free

idk it seems like its really not worth using GM overall

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
This would work yeah, but only against characters whose only option is a jump in, anyone with a disjointed hitbox on normal or a tracking or controllable special can easily escape clone pressure for free

idk it seems like its really not worth using GM overall
Wow are you kidding me? With one combo you can carry your opponent half way through the stage and you can easily corner them.
Clone in the corner is still extremely deadly.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Bait them to jump? What good does that do, none of his specials can anti air well enough besides shatter which wont get u much

Best case scenario, u bait the jump and get a minor punish or even possibly a minor combo somewhere around 26-32% for 1 bar

Worst case, they jump in at u, and get in for free because of recovery on clone

Really not worth it imo, I would rather not have the clone
You realise there's a very high chance they will want to jump or do a spirit move, right?

ANYTHING that can be done in fighting games is exploitable, including tendencies to try to nullify your clone.

If you think that amount of damage for someone going autopilot when you've cornered them is something to throw away then you're not playing the right character

You realise there's a very high chance they will want to jump or do a spirit move, right?

ANYTHING that can be done in fighting games is exploitable, including tendencies to try to nullify your clone.

If you think that amount of damage for someone going autopilot when you've cornered them is something to throw away then you're not playing the right character
Im not saying its COMPLETELY useless, I am saying that the risk is really not worth it IN MY OPINION, should have put that in the first place to avoid getting blown up

Marvaz

come at me
Wow... seriously these fkn crybabies get sub zero nerfed when not a SINGLE sub zero was winning anything offline. Fukn kidding me? Blocking an attack makes clone dissappear? Thats a HUGE blow to the way sub will have to be played. At least in mk9 all they did was reduce damage and then they buffed sub but in mkx the crybabies are fkn pathetic. Its ok though. To the lab. Im sure ppl will still complain when they can't win.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
yes it is for toyuken this weekend he said we are using the patched Verison
Patches have been known to introduce unintended side effects and some characters have entirely different moves. Damn. That could be pretty rough.

Ghoztly

Noob
Lol @ people saying SZ is going to be fine. No he isn't, and this is coming from someone with barely any time with the game, just go play someone decent and you will notice right away.

I go straight to cyromancer now, not even going to bother playing this nerfed variation.

Rebelo

Noob
I'm so surprised scorpion didn't get touch but sub did I play both character and I always felt scorpion was a better character

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
So....as for Cryomancer then.LoL.I'ma need to know the optimal BnB's and setups then until Mr. Brady either verifies or debunks these 'nerfs'. Always wanted to try out Cryo anyways..that Ice Hammer and Cold Blooded attack string/brutality looks badass

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
If some of you think this nerf is so devastating, then you were simply relying on the clone too much.

I mean yeah, it's stupid and fuck the idiots on TYM but it's not THAT bad.

Perhaps you can join @Braindead and I with Unbreakable, where all you need is Aura, footsies, and like 2 good reads for parry. Not to mention interupting strings and counterpokes with parry is essentially a clone, lol. But yeah, Aura is the shit.

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
If some of you think this nerf is so devastating, then you were simply relying on the clone too much.

I mean yeah, it's stupid and fuck the idiots on TYM but it's not THAT bad.

Perhaps you can join @Braindead and I with Unbreakable, where all you need is Aura, footsies, and like 2 good reads for parry. Not to mention interupting strings and counterpokes with parry is essentially a clone, lol. But yeah, Aura is the shit.
Tell me more about Unbreakable please. Never tried it and that ice mask is dope as hell