What's new

Sub-Zero General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I just meant to create more space after his strings are blocked. Also then is some of the frame data wrong then cause I looking at his frame data strings like 2,1 b143, b14 are -8, -7, and -9. They are safe on block casue when I look see Liu Kang's frame data he has a 7 frame d1 and s1 so in theory he would be able to punish all of those strings if the data was correct.
7f normals can't punish -7, 7f specials can. B143 is safe.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
7f normals can't punish -7, 7f specials can. B143 is safe.
They should, its a just frame punish. Unless thats not a thing anymore becasue in IJ1 superman could punish MMH OH teleport with f2 and it was -8. it was hard to do but it was possible. Even then Liu wouls still be able to punish 2,1 and b14 with his S1.

Braindead

They should, its a just frame punish. Unless thats not a thing anymore becasue in IJ1 superman could punish MMH OH teleport with f2 and it was -8. it was hard to do but it was possible. Even then Liu wouls still be able to punish 2,1 and b14 with his S1.
That was in IGAU, it changed in MKX

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
Subzero has never been good so im not shocked by this. NRS is constantly giving him limited combos and terrible strings.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Can we just stop posting negative things about Sub? If you love the character, then why do you care?
I think a lot of us got our expectations up way too high and ended up disappointed with the tournament variations. I agree we should have dialed it back. Things will change when we get some play time in.

please could someone post combos?
like with notations, not just a video which noobs cannot follow what buttons are being pressed :D

Samsara

Resident Cynic
like with notations, not just a video which noobs cannot follow what buttons are being pressed :D
Most ppl dont have the game yet dude. And combos are usually something that are developed over time. Just be patient. There will be a dedicated combo thread for Sub Zero when the game launches.

In the meantime, ask @Braindead or @UsedForGlue

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
From the reveal day I was doing:
B14 or B32 Ice Ball - Jip b143 Slide

Or

B14 Ice Ball - JIP B2, walk forward 124 KB

Havnt got the game yet, but those should work.

Can also b2, walk forward, 12 Deep Freeze Ice Ball, walk forward f24 or b1 Slide

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I was wrong on this btw, it would appear a patch just landed which allegedly changed Cetrion's variations.

Fingers crossed for some good Subzero changes.
I could tell something was strange with the first variation.

You can’t have a move that changes the base moves of a character in the 1st variation.

So, cold shoulder replacing slide on the 1st variation was a massive red flag to me.

Braindead

I've been waiting for them to allow sharing to post this screenshot. This is one of his competitive variation. It's just sad man.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
This shit is so fucking sad man. I might abandon this character dude. I'll keep the thread updated but I'm learning Cassie and D'Vorah first thing tonight, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.