What's new

Sub-Zero General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so confused on Sub. I have literally heard equal parts "He's braindead strong" and "He's cold garbage." Not sure who to listen to.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I am so confused on Sub. I have literally heard equal parts "He's braindead strong" and "He's cold garbage." Not sure who to listen to.
Neither, more than likely nobody is 100% right. I think we’re all just disappointed that he doesn’t seem to have a competitive loadout we like (maybe just me)

Neither, more than likely nobody is 100% right. I think we’re all just disappointed that he doesn’t seem to have a competitive loadout we like (maybe just me)
Definitely agree with that, but does anyone have any really good-looking competitive loadouts? Most of my favorite characters' loadouts range from disappointing to laughable.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I've been told he is a potato 50/50 mix machine who is flow chart af and way more offensive this time around.

Some feel that he is way too basic and lacks his interesting tools.

I'm inclined to agree with both.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
This is ofc only my initial day -4 impression so take it with a bucket of salt
You KNOW unbreakable, I remember you playing the crap out of that variation and trying to make it work. I thought that variation was absolute garbage so if you're saying it's like unbreakable, I believe it. Sad day.

Imperium

Noob
Are you 100% sure these variations won’t be updated on day 1?
We're pretty sure. Because when people got the game, they had Deep Freeze and Creeping Ice. Then the day 1 patch hit and it changed to this garbage.

I can't imagine a scenario where the patch that came out a week early was not the actual day 1 patch.

Imperium

Noob
B1 has a nice range but it's a 14f high...
B2 ice ball is death on block and has a very low damage output because double heavy scaling. B2 on its own is -2 and 14f, and the range is nothing impressive compared to other mids in this game. You can hit confirm it into something like d4 slide for about 16% damage.

F4 is +4 on block but 28f start up with a giant telegraphing animation which makes it easily interruptible.

I swear it's like unbreakable all over again. You feel this could work but everyone else seems to have so much shit going on and you're here waiting for something to happen to punish it
B1 used to be a mid... So either they nerfed him (lol as if he needed it) or it's a 14 frame mid, similar to what many characters have.

Edit: it's a fucking high.

Last edited:

Lum@na

Noob
B1 used to be a mid... So either they nerfed him (lol as if he needed it) or it's a 14 frame mid, similar to what many characters have.

Edit: it's a fucking high.
Why isn't a fucking high? Holy balls. They fucked all his tools. Is there some in house NRS Sub Zero God that made them Nerf him to death?

Imperium

Noob
Why isn't a fucking high? Holy balls. They fucked all his tools. Is there some in house NRS Sub Zero God that made them Nerf him to death?
His variations being bad is one thing, but come on. He pretty much doesn't have a viable mid string now. B2 is pretty awful. If they didn't give him some serious love somewhere between reveal build and now...idk boys. One small thing they could give him is enable regular ice ball to combo after his overhead F2, instead of ex ice ball. But man this is rough.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
OK correction, the mid projectile (Frigid Storm) is -8 on block which is pretty nice. From halfscreen it becomes plus on block. Gonna test more with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.