What's new

STOP USING GETTING JUMPED ON AS AN EXCUSE

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I see way too many people downplaying a move because you can jump it and get a full combo. The fuck???

If that really mattered, 95% of the options in the game are total trash and should never be used.

Damn. This is why people still don't have developed fundamentals in this game. You guys fear jumping too much still lmfao.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I see way too many people downplaying a move because you can jump it and get a full combo. The fuck???

If that really mattered, 95% of the options in the game are total trash and should never be used.

Damn. This is why people still don't have developed fundamentals in this game. You guys fear jumping too much still lmfao.
I have to say, there is a certain skill to jumping, choosing the right times, and choosing to jump backwards sometimes.

But when a person uses a character that has no jumping options and does it constantly, you start to ask questions, especially when it doesn't work.

THTB

sorry, what move are we talking about here?
Just a variety of things. I've seen "jump blows it up" as an argument way too many times, even though jumping on something blows up just about everything in this game.

If jumping was that big a deal, Kenshi would be ass tier, Kano would be the worst in the-oh wait, and Cage f32 would be the best string in the game.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Just a variety of things. I've seen "jump blows it up" as an argument way too many times, even though jumping on something blows up just about everything in this game.

If jumping was that big a deal, Kenshi would be ass tier, Kano would be the worst in the-oh wait, and Cage f32 would be the best string in the game.
ah right i get what u mean now, yea in a way kind of like saying well block blows up that up (unless your quan lol)

very good point with kenshi,with people just saying "hes not that good, oh jump the shoulders and cross him over and free wins" etc,

THTB

THTB, what have I told you about paying attention to the Sub-Zero forums?
Believe me when I say, it's not even the Sub forums. It's actually in one of the more informative forums.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
lol bashing the sub forums.

I haven't seen anyone talk about... don't do that b/c they can jump. What kind of tactic is that?

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Ground saw lol

I think the problem is that so many players jump like it's the last day of the jump sale at Jump-Mart (at least online), so players just assume the ability to jump over an attack is some huge weakness. HOW MANY TIMES MUST I NJP YOU BEFORE YOU STOP JUMPING, FOOL?

Speaking of, why am I not seeing more NJPs as AA? I fucking love that mechanic.

THTB

Ground saw lol

I think the problem is that so many players jump like it's the last day of the jump sale at Jump-Mart (at least online), so players just assume the ability to jump over an attack is some huge weakness. HOW MANY TIMES MUST I NJP YOU BEFORE YOU STOP JUMPING, FOOL?

Speaking of, why am I not seeing more NJPs as AA? I fucking love that mechanic.
I do this all the time. JKs are also very good at keeping out of the air, especially when an air throw/air fireball is tacked on.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah I've seen a lot of people say that in order to say a move isn't that good. I think it stems from the fact that very few people have good footsies in MK9. And people definitely don't anti-air as often and as consistently as they should. Anti-air is something I make sure I have down within the first week of playing any fighting game, and yet it seems like it's dismissed and not really worked on.

Anyway, it's based on lack of good footsies and spacing. If you're doing a move that can be jumped and get combo'd on, you should be spacing it correctly so that even if they read it right and jump, you have an answer for that. It's like, watch a high level Ryu match in SF4 (probably bad example). As Ryu, you never really want to throw a hadouken if your opponent is close enough to jump it and punish you. And no one will say "hadouken isn't that good it can be jumped and punished"... well yeah no shit. lol

THTB

Yeah I've seen a lot of people say that in order to say a move isn't that good. I think it stems from the fact that very few people have good footsies in MK9. And people definitely don't anti-air as often and as consistently as they should. Anti-air is something I make sure I have down within the first week of playing any fighting game, and yet it seems like it's dismissed and not really worked on.

Anyway, it's based on lack of good footsies and spacing. If you're doing a move that can be jumped and get combo'd on, you should be spacing it correctly so that even if they read it right and jump, you have an answer for that. It's like, watch a high level Ryu match in SF4 (probably bad example). As Ryu, you never really want to throw a hadouken if your opponent is close enough to jump it and punish you. And no one will say "hadouken isn't that good it can be jumped and punished"... well yeah no shit. lol
We need more Juggernauts here.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
lol you created a whole thread to vent? I never said ground saw isn't good, but at jump range you have to decide to either way for the jump and AA or use ground saw and risk getting blown up. You can't do both because of recovery on saw. The risk/reward isn't there for using ground saw. 9% and some knockback vs eating a full combo? Don't think so.

THTB

lol you created a whole thread to vent? I never said ground saw isn't good, but at jump range you have to decide to either way for the jump and AA or use ground saw and risk getting blown up. You can't do both because of recovery on saw. The risk/reward isn't there for using ground saw. 9% and some knockback vs eating a full combo? Don't think so.
No, I know you weren't saying it's not good. And it's not just your post...this is something I've seen constantly here...seeing you mention jumping on saw was the final one that sent me into rant mode lol.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
No shit stuff at jump distance has the potential to not be good. The only time I get really annoyed is when I play Ms. Cleo and the person just knows every single thing I'm going to do.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
don't be an idiot.
Maybe the old forums.... not now.
You guys are just now discovering corner traps which are minimally better than the basic 212 clone.

Half of the threads are unnecessary, repeated information or just plain dumb.

Most people dont know what they are talking about when it comes to MU's

Important threads that actually contain some knowledge are either lost in the sea of other, useless threads or trolled/stupefied to extinction.

I agree that it is somewhat better than before, but not by much.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
what are you talking about? jumping is OP and we all know this.

but in all seriousness i really have no clue what THTB is talking about. ive never encountered someone who told me jumping blows up whatever strategy and if i did i certainly wouldn't give a fuck about their dumb opinion.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
You guys are just now discovering corner traps which are minimally better than the basic 212 clone.

Important threads that actually contain some knowledge are either lost in the sea of other, useless threads or trolled/stupefied to extinction.

Did someone forget to feed you today? Easy there good chap, I will go find your milk. :)

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

lol

you guys? no one LISTENS in the forums.... so yeah
But the information is there... but i'm never going to release a full MU breakdown.... because no one will agree.
SZ is the most polarizing character.... because of how he dominates in the corner .... and is average (below average) mid screen. People will always argue him... so why post something that will just get buried in useless theory fighting?

THTB is right. Just about every option can be jumped, countered... etc etc. quit downplaying stuff you'll undoubtably use in a match.