What's new

STOP USING GETTING JUMPED ON AS AN EXCUSE

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
what are you talking about? jumping is OP and we all know this.

but in all seriousness i really have no clue what THTB is talking about. ive never encountered someone who told me jumping blows up whatever strategy and if i did i certainly wouldn't give a fuck about their dumb opinion.
I've seen it enough times.

People mention jumping when it comes to dealing with Noob...jump over his projectile and you win...aight, what if there's no projectile to jump over? I've even seen an argument that Jade's sweep isn't that good because it could be punished by a jump.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
You guys are just now discovering corner traps which are minimally better than the basic 212 clone.

Half of the threads are unnecessary, repeated information or just plain dumb.

Most people dont know what they are talking about when it comes to MU's

Important threads that actually contain some knowledge are either lost in the sea of other, useless threads or trolled/stupefied to extinction.

I agree that it is somewhat better than before, but not by much.
This thread doesn't exist to discuss the Sub-Zero forums. If you have a complaint to make about the Sub-Zero forums, you should take it to a relevant member of staff.

MK has an easier jumping system, AA's are inconsistent, and crossups are virtually non-existent due to the block button.

In Street fighter, nobody jumps on you because AA's are consistent and always hit as long as you react on time.
In Mk, we react to a cross over, jump in, but sometimes get hit out of our animation, even though we see it coming, and eat a full combo.
I don't use it as an excuse to winning or losing.
Of course, an AA in MK is more punishing than in SF, which is usually just a normal attack in SF.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
I see way too many people downplaying a move because you can jump it and get a full combo. The fuck???

If that really mattered, 95% of the options in the game are total trash and should never be used.

Damn. This is why people still don't have developed fundamentals in this game. You guys fear jumping too much still lmfao.
You really need to calm down.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
One thing I see is people saying that sonyas ex cartwheel isnt that good because it can be njped. Yea ok, cuz I totlly dont have to make a risky read where i could lose a fair amount of damage and be reset, when i am already pressuring her. She should be the one who has to take a large risk, not me. ex cartwheel is godlike.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Punishing Jump ins is inconsistent ( i believe) because of the active frames, the scrub who jumps not always kick or punch on the same frame everytime he jumps and also on the same frame we AA, this creates inconsistency.
For example:

Skarlet standing 2 is 12 frames, if you do a jump in and punch very late, her 12 frames moves reaches your hurtbox before your active frame of the kick or punch, however if you kick too much early your active frame kick will stuff her 12 frames AA move.

That is why with some characters who have a wheird range hitbox its not that suitable to stop jump ins with a standing normal.

Same shit happens on the crossups, i'm always getting blown up by trying to AA with a D1, dat shit always whiffs or gets too late.