What's new

STBL** Latest Patch Show!!

S1LENT1

Shadow Priest
STBL** Latest Patch Show!!

http://www.twitch.tv/s1lent1

Hey guys/gals, Tom and i will be doing a Patch show tomorrow, Monday Sept 26th at 6pm pacific/9pm eastern. We will cover anything related to the latest patch, nerfs, buffs or any other changes. Please post any questions you have here and we will cover them on the show. Thanks and see you then.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Hey Tom, I was wondering if you could comment on corner combos/pressure post patch. My basic Shang corner combo ends with F+4,3,4, upskull. However, this seems to be completely ineffective post patch. When I tried this against the training dummy, the skull hit the ground and passed through them as if no one was there. Pre-patch, the skull hit them or at least forced a block. What happened? Kano's BNB corner combos have also become much harder because if you are not exact with the timing, the animation will push him past the opponent and knock them out of the corner for free. Did NRS intentionally screw up the corner?

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
Hey Tom and S1lent:

1) whats the deal with the new dashes? why did NRS decide to make them unable to cancel into each other?
2)in your opinion (besides the input drop glitch) what are some other changes you would have liked to have seen from this patch that werent included?
3) why the hell did reptile get armor on his Enhanced Slide?
4) will it be Sub Zero all the way from now on Tom? (you have to promise)

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Reptile's elbow dash seems to be harder to punish now. I read the patchnotes and apparently they hotfixed it so there is no pushback, but for whatever reason there still seems to be pushback. In practice mode there doesn't seem to be much pushback if any, but during actual matches it seems to push people back a bit. Did they intend to make the elbow dash harder to punish or what? Or am I just crazy and imagining pushback when there is none? Thanks Silent and Brady for the show

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
hey guys, big fan and supporter of the show :)

1- will people finally stop crying about KL? after all their crying got the game adjusted to them, and it should be the other way around.

2- my son mains reptile, how much do you see reptiles dash cancel being used? meaning, will people take him to a whole new level due to this?

3- not a question, but words of wisdom of sorts lol...FUCK THE HATERS AND KEEP TROLLING THEM. Keep being the great community and player guy that you are.
Much love from me and alex jr :)

doomfarmer

unorthodox
Tom - provided you can get a hold of Dragula, do you plan on doing work to your guide now that the patch is out?

keep it up guys, love the show

Azean

D1 for days
Kitana Player. After cutter lands I would normally usually jump in punch to F4 1 or F4 B4. After the patch, does this string still jail and cause some sort of mixup for Kitana?

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
I have couple of questions dealing with Jax.

1. What do you think about the recent buffs for him?

2. Do you think his lack of a launcher or combo damage keep him from being top tier?

3. Is it worth doing the full seven hits of his muilt-slam?

Now some other questions dealing with Freddy and life of the game.

1. Will either of you be picking up Freddy since he finally tone down?

2. How strong do you think MK is in the offline scene for fighting games?

3. What has been the greatest hump in the road in your opinion for mk9 life span wise?

4. Why do people want this game to die so badly?

5. Do you think the game will grow if Japan started to play it?

6. Are you shocked to countries that aren't known for fighting games pick up and play Mk9?

P.S.

Don't let what people say to you get down. You're very funny.

Hi guys! Not sure how much time you've had to play with the patch, but here are my questions:

1. What's your assessment of the Raiden changes? Specifically:
- a) What is vicinity blast's frame status on block, now?
- b) Are the 2 extra recovery frames on regular teleport a big deal? Will it be super punishable now?
- c) Will the new ex teleport open up a great deal of potential for the character?
- d) There is speculation that some of his other strings (like 334) may actually had their block advantage improved in the patch. True or false?

2. Does having a safe low Takedown make any huge differences in Scorpion's game?

3. Have the jump-in-punch changes made a really big difference in anyone's game?

4. No changes for Ermac? Seriously?

5. Will the Noob changes really make a big difference? It seems like they don't do much to supplement his existing weaknesses to pressure, teleporters, etc. Also, does his black hole have any uses yet, or is it still just for shits and giggles?

6. What exactly has happened with Reptile this patch? Some people are crying that he got neutered, and others are cheering that he got buffed. I can't keep track of the truth. Also, if he DID get buffs, who up at NRS is a herpetophile (lover of reptiles) that one of the best characters in the game keeps getting buffed?

7. Do you think there have been any major shakeups in the tier list? Specifically, anyone who has moved DOWN significantly? Or any of the previously low tier characters who have potentially jumped way up (Stryker or Sheeva, for example)?

Thanks, guys!

Apock

Noob
1. how will the new patch affect smoke? the lack of "dash cancel" should improve a bit his play on the ground vs others , right? (coz smoke cloud)
2. no buffs for smoke , why? even d2 or d4 or 112 cant even link in smoke bomb (in mid), and it have 15 frame start up , why is that?

3. how will the new wake up system affect "smoke cloud" on wake up?
4. in overall i feel like smoke got a little buff thanks to all the changes in game mechanics , am i right?

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Do you know of any combos that are 40% or higher with Kano EX knives midscreen?

Does his armor ball go through EX projectiles that hit twice like Kabals double gas blast?

Justice

Noob
Sonya player. I read in the official patch notes about her 114 not being cancelable into specials(?). What's up with that or am I reading it wrong?

1.)My bro, who normally plays as Subby Z, played as Liu Kang last night. Did they change the timing for repeated b321 strings?
2.)Any tips on landing the BnB - 21 xx blast, jip 21 1+2, dash u4 xx slide?
3.)Why do you guys hate online so much? I don't notice any lag, if I'm playing someone with a good connection. That's with me having a sub-par 3MBPS connection

Creepy00

Noob
Sup Tom
I have questions regarding The buffs Jade received
1)How different would say pro patch Jade is from pre patch?
2)Of all the buffs, what you would is the biggest/ main buff she received?
3) What should Jade players keep in mind as now when using jade in her fullness?
4) Would say she has better chances against the supercharacters now? what you would say jade vs sub would be? Just wandering.
5) Do you think she have rise some tiers up? If yes, What tier would you place her?

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Ok umm what u think about Ermac getting yet another nerf?Should he get armor on his enhanced TK push or do you think he needs faster normals or maybe a better overhead?What kind of improvement would put ermac back near the top of the totem pole?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
1. Before the patch, it was my understanding that Kitana's damage scaling would only be changed for combos that begin with an AA ground fan. Do you know if this was a scaling glitch in ground fans within other combos, or if the overall damage nerf was unintentional?

2. How do you feel about Baraka getting a fullscreen ex blade charge? I brought this up in a thread before and you said it is one of the dumbest, least-thought out buff ideas you've ever heard. I'm not calling you out, I'm just wondering if you now think Baraka needed it and can explain why/why not.

3. I've been thinking post-patch that the tier list now starts at B tier or Mid tier, rather than C tier or low tier, would you agree with this?

4. Assuming this is the last patch for at least a while, are there any newly-buffed characters from the lower tiers you would consider starting to play?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Hey, takeachance here...why did they change the dash system? The game feels completely different..just wondering what your thoughts are on the reason behind it.

Truth

Noob
First all I just to say thank you to Tom and Silent for doing a special show about the patch and now on to questions:

1. Given the new Sub-Zero buffs how much better does he become? Can he possibly blow up any zoner if he jumps+clone the first projectile thrown at him then ex-slide for a full combo if the zoner throws another projectile? So it becomes a win-win because if the zoner throws a projectile Sub can get a full combo or the zoner just blocks SZ gets to advance.

Tom can Sub now trade with Quan Chi's trance given the new freeze frames?
Also, Reo mentions that ex-slide is faster, is this true?
Last question regarding SZ; if ex-freeze hits an airborne opponent at full screen or 3/4th screen, can SZ dash block to get a full combo?

2. Does the new dashing mechanics hurt any potential combos? For instance, I have heard it becomes difficult to land some Kitana combos? Or can one still dash block to successfully land such combos? Also does Reptile get more negatively affected because of this dashing change?

3. This just a general question for Tom, who will you now use as a secondary? Return of Noob, maybe?