What's new

STBL** Latest Patch Show!!

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Hey Silent and Tom. Just a few small questions.

1) Tom will you now start working again on updating the living guide after you play through this patch?
2) How much do you feel the lesser tier characters jumped up like Baraka Sheeva Noob and Stryker and how far down did Kung Lao go down?
3) Will do you feel NRS will allow this patch to marinade till Final Round in Atlanta and would you be attending that tournament?
4) How well do you think the Enhance slide changed Sub's bad match ups?

Shady

Noob
I am thinking about picking up Jade (and this really won't affect my decision but), do you think that with the changes she got she may have a bit more of a fighting chance against some of the higher tier characters?

I heard CD Jr. say he thought Sheeva was mid-tier, what are your thoughts on her after the patch?

Follow-up questions for when S1lent reloads the thread:

Can you give some in-depth assessment of Sheeva now? Playstyle? New tier placement? New tech? etc.

How does Scorpion's vortex change now?

Tom has talked about the ways Raiden was seriously hurt by nerfs, yet still says he's top 3-5 in the game. What keeps him there? And more importantly, how should Raiden be playing now with these adjustments?

P.S. - Is it true that superman's startup went from 8 frames to 10 frames?

WHEN ARE U HOES GONNA PLAY SHEEVA MID TOURNAMENT?

FOR A MILLION DOLLARS WOULD YOU MAKE WHOOPIE WITH SHEEVA?

DO YOU FEEL SORRY FOR SHEEVA?

WHICH CELEBRITY DOES SHEEVA REMIND YOU OF?

Okay serious questions:

* Why do you feel players are afraid of change, with MK9 having 3d hit boxes (since that what everyone says) on a 2d plain? Don't you consider that original? Why wouldn't you welcome originality for this game for the FGC?

(Some folks complain about lows being used as anti airs, KNOW this isn't new. prime example SSF4. but...if everyone learns which character's low normals beat what....why wouldn't we consider this strategy...instead of a bug/faulty?)

We don't want MK9 to be like UMK3 right.

* In another thread someone states that MK9's meta game is frametraps and Spacing (with projectiles). Do you feel rush down/mixups are a strong aspect of MK9? Especially since MK9's meter system rewards it. Discuss.

* VS. Sub-Zero - On ground Sub-Zero isn't allowed to ice clone next to your opponent. But After you knock him down, and you go for a jump in punch as a safe jump/meaty, why is Sub-Zero allowed to use clone as anti air...BREAKING the being close ice cone rule?

* Is it me, or does COUNTER PICKING play a huuuuge part in this game? To the point where players are going to start using Hidden Cursor lol.

* Can someone explain the Baraka vs. Kitana matchup? How does Baraka get in? Seems like 7-3 to me. =(

* Tom, what do you mean "the game is more LAME?" You mean more balanced and interesting with potential character variety in tournaments? =/

* Why are some MK players strongly against "first hit bonus"? And which characters could benefit from that? Do you think this system mechanic should be changed?