What's new

STB Dink wins Injustice and MK9 at Gamebreakerz Monthly

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
When done in this manner, it's a very ambiguous cross up. I mean, it's a cross up, wake up/input reversing attack.

But no, a lot of characters can't do what Doomsday does off of a well timed jump attack. They may have their own set ups, but I doubt they work in the same way. Try jumping over Wonder Woman's lasso spin on wake up and see what happens. Doomsday doesn't have to worry about it. He either reverses it or it misses entirely.

But yes, you can in fact block, but you have to guess whether I'm going to do it or not, just as I have to guess if you're going to wake up. I can just d3, dash forward and throw you. Plus, if I condition you to think I'm going to constantly dash forward and njd3 after a d3, you can try dashing out of it (it avoids this set up entirely), I can just dash forward baiting out your dash and get a free combo or just d1~Earth Shake you.

I'd have to show you in practice or something so you can see its effectiveness. Or maybe @Doombawkz could enlighten you. He's the one who showed it to me because Bane can do the same thing, but only in the corner. Doomsday can do it wherever he wants.
:3 Aww you.

Anyways dashing works for some characters, but if you do it right its really hard to dash out of because instead of coming out f.f. or b.b., it may end up coming out as f.b. or b.f. based on when they input it because of the input reversal.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
In the OP "Quan-Chi, Cyrax, Sub-Zero, and Sektor" BOUT TIME other characters were used in finals of something. Its always the same ones KL, Kabal, Kenshi, (not gonna use initials for that) :DOGE Sonya, and Freddy etc.

TATAKAE

Punishment by knee of justice
It's been awhile since I've had the fun of doing one of these. Definitely missed it, and picked a great weekend to come out! Injustice had very nice turnout with 16 people, and some new faces I'm really excited to see again!

MK9 is also alive and well in Seattle, which is still ruled by Quan Chi.

I am pleased to present results and footage;

Injustice: Gods Among us Top 8:

1. STB|EGP Shujinkydink (Martian Manhunter)
2. Redg1e (Doomsday)
3. STB TrevarThePastor (Superman)
4. Lord Vado (Green Arrow, Batman, Green Lantern)
5. Serpent (Ares)
5. STB Knoterror (Superman, Aquaman)
7. Tim (Sinestro)
7. The Great one (Bane)

Mortal Kombat 9

1. STB|EGP Shujinkydink (Quan Chi, Freddy, Johnny Cage)
2. STB TrevarThePastor (Cyrax, Kung Lao, Sonya)
3. STB Knoterror (Sub Zero)
4. Kevin7 (Cyrax, Sektor)

http://www.twitch.tv/gamebreakerz/b/551628383

Injustice and MK starts at 2:08:00

Thank you so much to everyone who came out. It was awesome to see everyone and meet some cool new players! Really hope to see everyone at slugfest as well.

Huge thanks to @STB Shujinkydink and @knoterror for giving me so many games and so much good advice, @S7ATER and @HangNail for beating me up and everyone who was there playing, watching, supporting <3

@Busta Clown @S7ATER @NWSerpent @knoterror @The Big Palooka @Johnny2d @stb gr8one06 @Immortal Kombat @STORMS @AK RM Blake
Ares?! Sinestro?! BANE?!

I couldn't find them where were they on the stream?

Are they any good? Cause i'm always willing to start following a weekly if there's a bane...

Not gonna lie though the supermen are a little displeasing

The Great One

"I Always d1 Lif-" SHUT UP
Ares?! Sinestro?! BANE?!

I couldn't find them where were they on the stream?

Are they any good? Cause i'm always willing to start following a weekly if there's a bane...

Not gonna lie though the supermen are a little displeasing
They're alright. Bane player sucks though. Needs to buy a controller
Unfortunately top 4 wasn't streamed but you should actually start following us. We are the Nw and not really watched :/ BUT IT IS ON SATURDAYS. So you might as well.

Pshh just watch the supermen, the matches with zattana/ares/everyone else but superman will be well worth it.

@The Great One came within a nose hair of beating me! it was a hype set!
I was playing my usual bane and you were dropping combos and after asking around apparently that's a bad matchup?
But I do play 11 characters so i'm going to try something unexpected next time.

I'm sad that one wasn't streamed. It was amazing! Here's hoping Slugfest brings similar awesomeness.
So you're gonna come back to us? We missed youuuuuuuuu

TATAKAE

Punishment by knee of justice
They're alright. Bane player sucks though. Needs to buy a controller
Unfortunately top 4 wasn't streamed but you should actually start following us. We are the Nw and not really watched :/ BUT IT IS ON SATURDAYS. So you might as well.

Pshh just watch the supermen, the matches with zattana/ares/everyone else but superman will be well worth it.

I was playing my usual bane and you were dropping combos and after asking around apparently that's a bad matchup?
But I do play 11 characters so i'm going to try something unexpected next time.

You are actually correct, I don't think there are any other locals on Saturdays. I probably will then thanks @The Great One
Every Saturday? "Gamebreakerz?" same twitch channel?

You are actually correct, I don't think there are any other locals on Saturdays. I probably will then thanks @The Great One
Every Saturday? "Gamebreakerz?" same twitch channel?
Gamebreakerz is once a month, and is streamed at http://www.twitch.tv/gamebreakerz

We also have Saturday Slugfest which is once a month as well. Our next one is in 2 weeks. http://www.twitch.tv/teamkhaos

Yeah, I'm gonna be back more often. I just needed a bit of a break for a while.