What's new

STB Dink wins Injustice and MK9 at Gamebreakerz Monthly

Goldi

Noob
It's been awhile since I've had the fun of doing one of these. Definitely missed it, and picked a great weekend to come out! Injustice had very nice turnout with 16 people, and some new faces I'm really excited to see again!

MK9 is also alive and well in Seattle, which is still ruled by Quan Chi.

I am pleased to present results and footage;

Injustice: Gods Among us Top 8:

1. STB|EGP Shujinkydink (Martian Manhunter)
2. Redg1e (Doomsday)
3. STB TrevarThePastor (Superman)
4. Lord Vado (Green Arrow, Batman, Green Lantern)
5. Serpent (Ares)
5. STB Knoterror (Superman, Aquaman)
7. Tim (Sinestro)
7. The Great one (Bane)

Mortal Kombat 9

1. STB|EGP Shujinkydink (Quan Chi, Freddy, Johnny Cage)
2. STB TrevarThePastor (Cyrax, Kung Lao, Sonya)
3. STB Knoterror (Sub Zero)
4. Kevin7 (Cyrax, Sektor)

http://www.twitch.tv/gamebreakerz/b/551628383

Injustice and MK starts at 2:08:00

Thank you so much to everyone who came out. It was awesome to see everyone and meet some cool new players! Really hope to see everyone at slugfest as well.

Huge thanks to @STB Shujinkydink and @knoterror for giving me so many games and so much good advice, @S7ATER and @HangNail for beating me up and everyone who was there playing, watching, supporting <3

@Busta Clown @S7ATER @NWSerpent @knoterror @The Big Palooka @Johnny2d @stb gr8one06 @Immortal Kombat @STORMS @AK RM Blake

Attachments

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Good shit guys!

Trevor don't lose faith; your Superman is awesome!

Also good shit Dink; what a comeback!

That said stop blocking low against DD! So much easier to block D1>ES if you're not blocking low. Fuck the D3; eat that shit, he's not getting anything retarded off of it.

Finally shoutouts to knowledgeable commentators, who taught me something about the Metropolis car interactible!

E

Eldriken

@STB Shujinkydink You're welcome for all the Doomsday experience. :DOGE

But seriously, congratulations on winning. Your Martian is a pain in the ass and I'm sure those you beat feel the same. =P

E

Eldriken

Good shit guys!

Trevor don't lose faith; your Superman is awesome!

Also good shit Dink; what a comeback!

That said stop blocking low against DD! So much easier to block D1>ES if you're not blocking low. Fuck the D3; eat that shit, he's not getting anything retarded off of it.

Finally shoutouts to knowledgeable commentators, who taught me something about the Metropolis car interactible!
Doomsday gets a lot of retarded shit from a d3, dude. Most characters' wake ups don't mean squat after a d3.

It's been awhile since I've had the fun of doing one of these. Definitely missed it, and picked a great weekend to come out! Injustice had very nice turnout with 16 people, and some new faces I'm really excited to see again!

MK9 is also alive and well in Seattle, which is still ruled by Quan Chi.

I am pleased to present results and footage;

Injustice: Gods Among us Top 8:

1. STB|EGP Shujinkydink (Martian Manhunter)
2. Redg1e (Doomsday)
3. STB TrevarThePastor (Superman)
4. Lord Vado (Green Arrow, Batman, Green Lantern)
5. Serpent (Ares)
5. STB Knoterror (Superman, Aquaman)
7. Tim (Sinestro)
7. The Great one (Bane)

Mortal Kombat 9

1. STB|EGP Shujinkydink (Quan Chi, Freddy, Johnny Cage)
2. STB TrevarThePastor (Cyrax, Kung Lao, Sonya)
3. STB Knoterror (Sub Zero)
4. Kevin7 (Cyrax, Sektor)

http://www.twitch.tv/gamebreakerz/b/551628383

Injustice and MK starts at 2:08:00

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Good job guys.

The highlight of watching that stream for me wasn't just the wins and high placement from STB. It was seeing you guys having so much fun. It was obvious you were having a blast playing the games you love!!! Good stuff :)

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Doomsday gets a lot of retarded shit from a d3, dude. Most characters' wake ups don't mean squat after a d3.
Really? Enlighten me. What is scary off of this unless you're in the corner?
(Not trying to be an asshole, I seriously don't know what would be scary enough to make me risk trying to block D1>ES as a low>overhead>low)

E

Eldriken

Really? Enlighten me. What is scary off of this unless you're in the corner?
(Not trying to be an asshole, I seriously don't know what would be scary enough to make me risk trying to block D1>ES as a low>overhead>low)
Simple: Doomsday can reverse or outright change your inputs midscreen off of a d3.

Deathstroke's Sword Flip turns into Sword Spin, Killer Frost's slide turns into a standing 3, Nightwing's staff spin whiffs entirely and is full combo punished, Scorpion's teleport turns into Inferno, etc.

It fucks almost everyone's wake up. Midscreen.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Simple: Doomsday can reverse or outright change your inputs midscreen off of a d3.

Deathstroke's Sword Flip turns into Sword Spin, Killer Frost's slide turns into a standing 3, Nightwing's staff spin whiffs entirely and is full combo punished, Scorpion's teleport turns into Inferno, etc.

It fucks almost everyone's wake up. Midscreen.
Well right... A lot of characters can actually do that with a well timed jump attack. What stops me from just blocking? Is a Body Splash after a D3 really ambiguous? (I didn't think so, but I admittedly don't play against DD too often.)

E

Eldriken

Well right... A lot of characters can actually do that with a well timed jump attack. What stops me from just blocking? Is a Body Splash after a D3 really ambiguous? (I didn't think so, but I admittedly don't play against DD too often.)
When done in this manner, it's a very ambiguous cross up. I mean, it's a cross up, wake up/input reversing attack.

But no, a lot of characters can't do what Doomsday does off of a well timed jump attack. They may have their own set ups, but I doubt they work in the same way. Try jumping over Wonder Woman's lasso spin on wake up and see what happens. Doomsday doesn't have to worry about it. He either reverses it or it misses entirely.

But yes, you can in fact block, but you have to guess whether I'm going to do it or not, just as I have to guess if you're going to wake up. I can just d3, dash forward and throw you. Plus, if I condition you to think I'm going to constantly dash forward and njd3 after a d3, you can try dashing out of it (it avoids this set up entirely), I can just dash forward baiting out your dash and get a free combo or just d1~Earth Shake you.

I'd have to show you in practice or something so you can see its effectiveness. Or maybe @Doombawkz could enlighten you. He's the one who showed it to me because Bane can do the same thing, but only in the corner. Doomsday can do it wherever he wants.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
When done in this manner, it's a very ambiguous cross up. I mean, it's a cross up, wake up/input reversing attack.

But no, a lot of characters can't do what Doomsday does off of a well timed jump attack. They may have their own set ups, but I doubt they work in the same way. Try jumping over Wonder Woman's lasso spin on wake up and see what happens. Doomsday doesn't have to worry about it. He either reverses it or it misses entirely.

But yes, you can in fact block, but you have to guess whether I'm going to do it or not, just as I have to guess if you're going to wake up. I can just d3, dash forward and throw you. Plus, if I condition you to think I'm going to constantly dash forward and njd3 after a d3, you can try dashing out of it (it avoids this set up entirely), I can just dash forward baiting out your dash and get a free combo or just d1~Earth Shake you.

I'd have to show you in practice or something so you can see its effectiveness. Or maybe @Doombawkz could enlighten you. He's the one who showed it to me because Bane can do the same thing, but only in the corner. Doomsday can do it wherever he wants.
Ah, I didn't realize it was one of those forward dash>neutral jump setups. I thought you meant timing a forward jump splash so that it reverses inputs during the wakeup window, which would have been really easy to block.
This sounds a lot more dangerous.