What's new

SonicFox versus Tom Brady at CEO 2016

Tweedy

Noob
Look at the start of game 2. Alien's start of the match game is so ridiculous. If you respect D4/D3, F4 becomes free. You can't jump at Alien either because he has the best jump normal in the game. If Alien suspects a backdash, B3 is free. Alien also has 50/50 armor to start the match with.

Sub Zero can beat out a lot of Alien's stuff with D4, but I mean, what if Alien does a step back B3, or something? If Alien goes for something that loses to D4, then Alien will eat that 3% and be at frame disadvantage, where as if Alien is right he gets a full combo.

Another thing is, you can't really jump at Alien. Alien doesn't have the best grounded anti airs of all time, but his jump 2 doesn't lose air to air exchanges to pretty much anything. It makes Scorpion's jump 3 look like a normal move. Lao is over there wondering why he lost his jump 2 and it was given to a character that's not even in the Mortal Kombat lore.

Brady also missed a couple punishes. Everything I've said aside, Brady is actually pretty impressive in this match up. I'm not sure if Sonic will be able to beat Brady with Acidic alone, next time.

Last edited:
You guys think if Brady fought a tarkaten instead of acidic it would came out more of subs favor a lot of subs midscreen meta got fucked up because of the db2 and the tail snag having no hitbox and making so alien doesn't have to fear clone as much

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Poor Brady . Got Alienated
Fixed typo for you. :p

Jokes aside, Tom indeed missed a lot of chances to punish Alien, however, as a Sub Zero user I think that Sonicfox knew Subby's weak point by low grabbing him with his tail. His low grabbing is the only one that can surpass the klone. I, also, main Alien Tarkatan, so I know which special attacks don't work against Sub Zero.

Kudos to Sonicfox for his fight against Tom Brady.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Brady handled it pretty well despite being at a tough disadvantage against Alien. Tom did miss a few punishes on Alien however but with enough labbing and more mu experience I'm sure he'll do better next time. I wish both of them best of luck at evo. (Not sure about Tom since he had considered not going)