What's new

SoCal Regionals 2014 INJUSTICE + MK9 POOLS (w/ brackets) ARE HERE!!

Why are we trying to ostricize KI? Why can we not be the NRS/KI community? If we were all smart we would support basically every FG outside of Capcom until THEY are the minority....

Jesus, TYM currently has an umbrella over 3 distinct games...why try to kill one of them when it's amazing?
^this, nothing wrong with streaming all the games. The event does have 20! Games, which is a lot. I enjoy watching igau, mk9, and KI3. Also no matter what, the full top 16 IS GETTING STREAMED :)

Why are we trying to ostricize KI? Why can we not be the NRS/KI community? If we were all smart we would support basically every FG outside of Capcom until THEY are the minority....

Jesus, TYM currently has an umbrella over 3 distinct games...why try to kill one of them when it's amazing?
^this, nothing wrong with streaming all the games. The event does have 20! Games, which is a lot. I enjoy watching igau, mk9, and KI3. Also no matter what, the full top 16 IS GETTING STREAMED :)

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow

We shouldn't try to exclude ANYTHING, including Capcom. They may or may not be a hard-headed community but it's all FGs and the FGC and we should be doing our best to embrace everything instead of doing this exclusionary bullshit.

We shouldn't try to exclude ANYTHING, including Capcom. They may or may not be a hard-headed community but it's all FGs and the FGC and we should be doing our best to embrace everything instead of doing this exclusionary bullshit.
this is the ultimate goal the FGC should try to achieve, then we'd be able to really go in there and grow.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I agree with the above. This random bashing of KI has got to stop considering most of the claims are completely off base and by people who do not play the game.

Odoyle

Drops combos
I'm mostly just salty the hypest tournament on the west coast so far won't have half of its pools streamed.. I actually own Tekken. KI isn't that bad but even some KI players I know say it's boring to watch on stream. Go youtube Winter Brawl grand finals for Injustice and then Grand Finals for KI as a great example. That Gundam game is really really dumb though...

Last edited:

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
MK is on Friday

Injustice is on Saturday

If you want to see it all... Well there's always traveling for it... And it's seriously lame to say MK should give up stream time. Mainly because it doesn't make any sense being on a different day, but also because you have players from this community that support both games. No more MK vs Injustice mess... People seem to be playing both and that's pretty hype. You're gonna see some good matches damn lol

Or at least say it should be dive kick or a non NRS that sacrifices it's stream time :rolleyes:
You know what would be a cool way to solve this? If we had a MK vs Injustice game, ya know, something with MK characters fighting DC characters to see who's best. I'd pay $10 to own that!

Having said that, MK vs Divekick for EVO2015

EGP_Compton

Brian Compton
Regarding @GGA pimpimjim and @WoundCowboy in the same pool. The issue seems debatable so hopefully one of them will contact me and tell me how they feel about it. Simple solution for me would be to switch @GGA 16 Bit and Jim in their pools. However I would prefer to hear from Bit or Jim before I do that.

Regarding all of the IGAU pools not being streamed. Wonder Chef and myself will both have additional recording equipment and will do our best to capture as much as we can.

haketh

Noob
All you guys complaining about Gundam need to understand a couple things

1. The game is extremely solid with a strong learning curve and a ton of things going on. How about we actually attempt to understand the game before we bash it for being "dumb" like a lot of you guys complain about people saying about IGAU

2. Cali has a strong and dedicated scene for Gundam with people coming out mainly for or only for Gundam

3. Gundams stream time has nothing to do with IGAU nor does MK. TheBrett is streaming Gundam, a game he loves the game more than damn near any other game constantly streaming it, making tutorials and hosting tournaments. MK has nothing to do with IGAU's stream time because it's ran on Friday, remeber people in this community wanted IGAU moved to Saturday.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I'm mostly just salty that Cowboy and Ducky aren't going to be on stream. I actually own Tekken. KI isn't that bad but even some KI players I know say it's boring to watch on stream. Go youtube Winter Brawl grand finals for Injustice and then Grand Finals for KI as a great example. That Gundam game is really really dumb though...

what even IS this? lol why does this get to be at tournies but not the dragon ball z games?

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
what even IS this? lol why does this get to be at tournies but not the dragon ball z games?
To be fair, when was the last DBZ game worth a damn? Actually saw people bitching about BoZ not having a scene or EVO consideration. Ya know, the online only DBZ game that just came out (as in no couch vs)? And as much as I love Budokai 3, there was some real broken shit in that game (Saiyans>than everything else)

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
To be fair, when was the last DBZ game worth a damn? Actually saw people bitching about BoZ not having a scene or EVO consideration. Ya know, the online only DBZ game that just came out (as in no couch vs)? And as much as I love Budokai 3, there was some real broken shit in that game (Saiyans>than everything else)
no couch vs?

Fuck that then, I'm playing Gundam

I would be in a scene for Budokai 1 or Budokai tenkaichi 3 though lol

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
did you know i beat forever king at WB in round 2? did you see the pop off afterwards? am not saying if you heard about it, did you watch it? if you were not entertained than you have a huge bias and am not sure what you are doing on TYM tbh.
I was at work, I couldnt even watch KI top8... But yeah nice online mentality...
Beat him once, make him hold dat L and never give him any rematch or chance to redeem himself. Nice!

You beat him once so did 16bit to Reo... Is 16bit a better player than Reo? Back in MK9 I mean....

SEV

Noob
Can you register at the door for SCR? I thought I had read somewhere that they were doing late registrations today and tomorrow but I couldn't find it on the site.

SEV

Noob
yes, as long as the game isn't capped
Thanks, and does Injustice start tomorrow or Saturday? They don't show Injustice pools in the stream schedule.

Edit: Nevermind, I stopped looking after I saw Killer Instinct.