What's new

General/Other - Tanya So, it looks like Tanya (DLC) was redesigned!

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
She looks hot, hope they change her fighting stance tho, i prefer her without the white eyes to be fair. Just found she one of the hottest in the game, Cassie will be the first but her hair... damn that first skin sumo hair and her second's Miley Cyrus hair are weirds.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I just hope she is straight horrible to everyone in the intros...
Now I'm just playing 24 characters to find thier weakness... It will nice to have my mains...

Multiple people are reporting (and taking screenshots) of Tanya being redesigned in MKX. Apparently, on the main menu, when it cycles through the up-coming DLC characters, you can catch a glimpse of the Tanya's new looks.

Above is a screenshot that someone took. As you can see, she has longer hair, darker skins, and has white eyes. Overall, she looks much better (looks more like she did in the classic games!).

Keep in mind though, non of this has been completely confirmed!
This is completely confirmed Solomon Gaitan who worked on Jacqui and Tanya answered people on his tumblr
mrkareemruiz asked:

I don't know where to put comment, so i'll put it here. I just wanted to say thank you for making Tanya a dark skinned black woman again. I love Tanya because i was a kid when i first played her in MK4.

People keep thanking me, but I wasn’t the only artist involved in making her better. There is a whole team composed of animators, riggers, art director, and Ed Boon. We’re grateful to the fans that you play Mortal Kombat especially for being a fan all these years. Thank you! for the compliments, and appreciating our hard work and for liking Tanya’s new look.

zydrate101

XBL: zydrate101
This is completely confirmed Solomon Gaitan who worked on Jacqui and Tanya answered people on his tumblr
mrkareemruiz asked:

I don't know where to put comment, so i'll put it here. I just wanted to say thank you for making Tanya a dark skinned black woman again. I love Tanya because i was a kid when i first played her in MK4.

People keep thanking me, but I wasn’t the only artist involved in making her better. There is a whole team composed of animators, riggers, art director, and Ed Boon. We’re grateful to the fans that you play Mortal Kombat especially for being a fan all these years. Thank you! for the compliments, and appreciating our hard work and for liking Tanya’s new look.
mrkareemruiz asked:

wow i just looked at his tumblr! his first kitana was amazingly beautiful when did the butterface come along?

Oh no not this again

It would be cool, I really don't see what else it could be.

First variation could have white eyes and uses more fire type moves while another variation has her regular eyes with her tonfas.

How so?
She don't look mixed, she looks black. He just wants to feel better about Nrs making Tanya a dark skinned person again.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
Honestly I think she looks more Indian (south Asian) than anything. Which is cool since you don't see that too often