What's new

So I was thinking...

... of writing up a joke-post, where I'd say I was setting up a UMK tourney that would capture the true spirit of XBLA and it's players. The tourney would have all kinds of progressively dumber and dumber rules, like no throws, no combos over 5 hits, no playing male ninjas, no starting combos in the air, p1 always has to do half-power, etc. I decided not to bother, as it seemed like to much work to write up just for a gag. But it looks like someone read my mind... only I think he's actually serious...

xxxScorpion - from the XBLA forums said:
I was thinking and wondering if anyone wanted to do an online tourny, just for fun.

-Standard:
16 player 1 on 1 elmination style, make your way up through the bracket.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Rules:
As far as rules go well do two practice matches and then the deciding one. At anytime each contender my change their character between any three which they have chosen and posted in a post. The last match will be recorded via my capture card and ill post it up on youtube and link it here showing the victor so those that dont get to participate wont miss a thing. The contenders must have mic's and at least show me they are living breathing creatures ( i hate people who dont talk). Also combo whoring is really bad in this game so i expect people to actually play not use 7 button combos that they found online and decided to practice until uber ***-ness was achieved.(4 hit basic combos and such are allowed, and can be lnked with miscellaneous moves).

-If a match is laggy it will be excluded and redone, if we cant get a decent pinged match it will need to be rescheduled.)
-Date:
If this is actually going to happen it will most likely be a set day then come down to a "hey those two guys are online, ill get them to come fight!" kind of thing.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Kombat Codes:
Basically only map codes will be used if any, and the two fighters can decide on where to play and such.
So without further adu this is how to register (and if this doesnt happen well hey, i wasted a good 15 minutes), and yes im fighting also...yea i know biased game *scary*.

-Example

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr.Dood1337

Ermac
Subzero
Scorpion

I once watched a man deliberately stick a fork into a wall socket. Until just now, that was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen.

Anyway, here's the link to the thread: http://forums.xbox.com/11996241/ShowPost.aspx

Also combo whoring is really bad in this game so i expect people to actually play not use 7 button combos that they found online and decided to practice until uber ***-ness was achieved.(4 hit basic combos and such are allowed, and can be lnked with miscellaneous moves).
:lol: :lol:

Link to the thread on the xbl forums so this whole forum can go there and clown that loser LMFAO... combo whoring? god hang yourself.

Derek

Noob
abc ur dead0 said:
This is the dumbass me and Sugar were talking about in the Shitlist Thread. Man He's Hilarious.
Don't make fun of kids who were dropped out of shopping carts when they were babies. I still have love for you xxxHelmetkid.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Wow. What a completely worthless idea for a tourny. Might as well just make it so you can only play as Shang, no morphs.

How about these rules- p.1 can only use punches and p.2 can only use kicks, no ducking, no projectiles, you only block twice per round, and all matches must be mirror matches.

K4B4L

Noob
xxxscorpion is my friend online and i play with him alot, and for the people he booted im 99% certain that he did it on accident he boots me and his other friends on accident as well. I dont know whats wrong with his thing but it hapens sometimes. Also hes not rly a jackass hes a pretty cool guy once u play with him. And the topic of his post said a fun idea or something like that so he wasent serious.

K4B4L said:
xxxscorpion is my friend online and i play with him alot, and for the people he booted im 99% certain that he did it on accident he boots me and his other friends on accident as well. I dont know whats wrong with his thing but it hapens sometimes. Also hes not rly a jackass hes a pretty cool guy once u play with him. And the topic of his post said a fun idea or something like that so he wasent serious.
lmao So him saying the whole game "What a combo whore, yea keep doing combos, im just gonna boot you at the end of the game so whats the point?"

Riiiiiiiiight, Nice guy huh?

K4B4L

Noob
abc ur dead0 said:
K4B4L said:
lmao So him saying the whole game "What a combo whore, yea keep doing combos, im just gonna boot you at the end of the game so whats the point?"

cmon now relax he was prob just talking bout the combos that some people just repeat the whole match that they wouldnt even known of if it wasent for the stradegy guides. BTW just for the record i dont have a problem with any combos or anything im just defending my friend

K4B4L said:
abc ur dead0 said:
K4B4L said:

cmon now relax he was prob just talking bout the combos that some people just repeat the whole match that they wouldnt even known of if it wasent for the stradegy guides. BTW just for the record i dont have a problem with any combos or anything im just defending my friend
Your seriously defending a moron who thinks doing Sub Zeros Autocombo is "Combo whoring?"

theres a dumbass born everyday. who would even think of altering the game for a tournament. then why even make it, let alone even play it. geeezz.

K4B4L

Noob
he siad "FUN IDEA" which means a possibly a fun idea for one tourny. its not like its a pro tourny and who knows if the tourny ever even happend

K4B4L said:
he siad "FUN IDEA" which means a possibly a fun idea for one tourny. its not like its a pro tourny and who knows if the tourny ever even happend
I know. I was just saying if I was in it. :D

K4B4L

Noob
Re: lol

bobby satchel said:
dudes a douche get over it......he kicks ppl cause he loses
so u know hes a douche for a fact? youve played him and he booted u because u lost?And of course u know him personaly so u can say hes a douche right?

K4B4L said:
bobby satchel said:
so u know hes a douche for a fact? youve played him and he booted u because u lost?And of course u know him personaly so u can say hes a douche right?
I have. And I can say yes. He's a Douche.

K4B4L

Noob

abc ur dead0 said:
K4B4L said:
bobby satchel said:
I have. And I can say yes. He's a Douche.
I know u played him abc, but i was talking to bobby satchel

K4B4L

Noob
Re: wtf

bobby satchel said:
i smacked that fool around real easy in a vs challenger and got booted so get the facts straight xxxscorpion is garbage
i dont c any proof or evidence