What's new

Tech Skarlet - Meter Drain Tech (ignoring breakers)

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
This is totally gonna mind fuck my opponents today.
....one thing...
Can't this be baited by the opponent. Like they make me use this but don't break and I just wasted two bars. ( not like she doesn't build hell a meter ) but just saying.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
....one thing...
Can't this be baited by the opponent. Like they make me use this but don't break and I just wasted two bars. ( not like she doesn't build hell a meter ) but just saying.
yeah i feel like this is not gonna pan out as a solid anti breaker. once this becomes common knowledge people will just hold off on breaking til after the slashes, thus making you spend 2 bars, and then spending 2 of their own to break. youll still be able to sneak it in there from time to time, but i feel for the most part people will start to recognize that you cant break til after the slashes, ex or not, cuz then its an air breaker and this no longer applies. just like how people wait for cyrax to spend his meter on ex bomb before they break.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Okay, the internet went dead after i post this yesterday, so only now i can read all the posts.

As far as i tested. This can't be performed on Air breakers, due the double hit the breaker has, the 1st one halves any armor, and the second one pushes skarlet away, even if she could halve the entire breaker, the hurtbox of all characters are disabled for a few frames when after they perform the breaker, so its impossible to touch them before that. All air breakers are the possibly the same, as far as it seems.

You can only do this on ground breakers, and only agains characters who break too fast, or have a very slow breaker, which is why in some cases, downslash works, and others only upslash works, like there is also cases where both can work, like kabal.

On the Opening post, i did put a list of which characters you can do this, i wonder why no one as seen it.

These will be punished by Dual Up Slash Only
Scorpion: Dual Upslash

These will be Punished by Dual Downslash Only
Noob Saibot: Dual Down Slash
Freddy: Dual Down Slash
Jax: Dual Down Slash
Rain: Dual Down Slash
Kenshi: Dual Down Slash
Mileena: Dual Down Slash
Cage: Dual Down Slash
Ermac: Dual Down Slash
These Character will be Punished by Either Dual Slashes

Kabal: Either
Kano: Either
Sektor: Either
Quan chi: Either
Kratos: Either

Will Whiff on these charters but will leave them open for a free throw or Blockstring
Cyber Sub-Zero: Dual Upslash (doesn't punish but put him open for a throw, deals 12% damage)
Raiden: Dual Up Slash (Doesn't punish, but put him open for a Throw, deals 12% damage)
Sheeva: Either (doesn't punish, but opens for a throw)
Sonya: Dual Up Slash (Doesn't punish, but put him open for a Throw, deals 12% damage)
Kitana: Dual Up Slash (Doesn't punish, but put him open for a Throw, deals 12% damage)
Sindel: Dual Up Slash (Doesn't punish, but put him open for a Throw, deals 12% damage)

These Get Punished by doesn't lose his meter
Baraka: Either( But doesn't drain meter)
Stryker: Either( But doesn't Drain meter)

Will not Work on these Characters
Doesn't Work on:
Human Sektor
Cyblax
Cyrax
Liu Kang
Kung Lao
Sub-Zero
Smoke
Skarlet
Reptile
Nightwolf

I think this is the reason, why Skarlet only has one armored move, maybe someone from the NRS could clarify this, next MK, they better put everyone ground breakers with the same frames as cyrax and stuff, getting too fancy on some of these breakers make some characters actually looking a bit worse about this.

One angolan player was already crying about how he break because he had to and still get fucked up by the drain and combo punish.

And LBSH stop calling meter drain a glitch, its not a glitch, ask Maxter ^^

Eddy Wang

So you could make an unbreakable combo with skarlet then... Add some daggers at the end... maybe an ex dagger cancel into more daggers + ia down dagger otg?
Yes, or i could just full damage combo because the gravity should be the same as a when a down slash hits 1st, and he can't break anymore, so he has to eat a full combo + reset + blockstring

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
....one thing...
Quick question, can't people just break the second hit?
Pretty sure the armor ends there.
yeah i feel like this is not gonna pan out as a solid anti breaker. once this becomes common knowledge people will just hold off on breaking til after the slashes, thus making you spend 2 bars, and then spending 2 of their own to break. youll still be able to sneak it in there from time to time, but i feel for the most part people will start to recognize that you cant break til after the slashes, ex or not, cuz then its an air breaker and this no longer applies. just like how people wait for cyrax to spend his meter on ex bomb before they break.
to the 3 of you, yes, they can bait this, or break after the 1st hit but the drain will be equal in both sides if they break, and once they start to respect you'll have the meter advantage all the time.

If they guess wrong and you don't go for this setup, they will just have in meter disadvantage and you'll have the 3 bars.

The use i see i this is, and i already used:
You punish them >
they save the meter because of your next setup >
they guess wrong >
they'll have to break >
this comes out >
They're fucked up.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Could this also be used against airbreakers?
Damn it AssassiN, i wanted ppl to forget about this tech :D

Anyway, no, it can't be used against air breakers, Skarlet ignores only the first hit, but she is pushed back by the second hit of the breaker, if she could ignore the spacing would be good due the breaker recovery frames, would give some time to start a blockstring right away as they reach the ground.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Dose it work on the entire cast ? and it is 100% legit ?
Okay, the internet went dead after i post this yesterday, so only now i can read all the posts.

As far as i tested. This can't be performed on Air breakers, due the double hit the breaker has, the 1st one halves any armor, and the second one pushes skarlet away, even if she could halve the entire breaker, the hurtbox of all characters are disabled for a few frames when after they perform the breaker, so its impossible to touch them before that. All air breakers are the possibly the same, as far as it seems.

You can only do this on ground breakers, and only agains characters who break too fast, or have a very slow breaker, which is why in some cases, downslash works, and others only upslash works, like there is also cases where both can work, like kabal.

On the Opening post, i did put a list of which characters you can do this, i wonder why no one as seen it.

These will be punished by Dual Up Slash Only
Scorpion: Dual Upslash

These will be Punished by Dual Downslash Only
Noob Saibot: Dual Down Slash
Freddy: Dual Down Slash
Jax: Dual Down Slash
Rain: Dual Down Slash
Kenshi: Dual Down Slash
Mileena: Dual Down Slash
Cage: Dual Down Slash
Ermac: Dual Down Slash
These Character will be Punished by Either Dual Slashes

Kabal: Either
Kano: Either
Sektor: Either
Quan chi: Either
Kratos: Either

Will Whiff on these charters but will leave them open for a free throw or Blockstring
Cyber Sub-Zero: Dual Upslash (doesn't punish but put him open for a throw, deals 12% damage)
Raiden: Dual Up Slash (Doesn't punish, but put him open for a Throw, deals 12% damage)
Sheeva: Either (doesn't punish, but opens for a throw)
Sonya: Dual Up Slash (Doesn't punish, but put him open for a Throw, deals 12% damage)
Kitana: Dual Up Slash (Doesn't punish, but put him open for a Throw, deals 12% damage)
Sindel: Dual Up Slash (Doesn't punish, but put him open for a Throw, deals 12% damage)

These Get Punished by doesn't lose his meter
Baraka: Either( But doesn't drain meter)
Stryker: Either( But doesn't Drain meter)

Will not Work on these Characters
Doesn't Work on:
Human Sektor
Cyblax
Cyrax
Liu Kang
Kung Lao
Sub-Zero
Smoke
Skarlet
Reptile
Nightwolf

I think this is the reason, why Skarlet only has one armored move, maybe someone from the NRS could clarify this, next MK, they better put everyone ground breakers with the same frames as cyrax and stuff, getting too fancy on some of these breakers make some characters actually looking a bit worse about this.

One angolan player was already crying about how he break because he had to and still get fucked up by the drain and combo punish.

And LBSH stop calling meter drain a glitch, its not a glitch, ask Maxter ^^

Yes, or i could just full damage combo because the gravity should be the same as a when a down slash hits 1st, and he can't break anymore, so he has to eat a full combo + reset + blockstring