What's new

Tech Skarlet - Meter Drain Tech (ignoring breakers)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
You Can punish on each one of this characters Ground Breakers:

Kabal: Dual upSlash/ Dual Down Slash
Scorpion: With Dual Up Slash Only
Cage: Dual Down Slash Only
Ermac: Dual Down Slash
Shang Tsung: Both Dual Slashes
Quan Chi: Both Dual Slashes
Jax: Dual Down Slash Only
Sektor: Both Dual slashes
Rain: Dual Down Slash Only

Characters who gets drained for a free throw
Sindel: Dual Up Slash
Sonya. Dual Up Slash
Kitana: Dual Up Slash

Character who takes damage but doesn't gets drained.
Baraka: Dual Upslash Only

The other characters breakers hits twice and she can't punish unfortunately

I know this drains two bars of meter, but it does it equaly on both sides.
This is only to use when they save for a breaker and get caught on another punish and try to break immediately

ryublaze

Noob
Wtf just happened lol that's awesome! I'm guessing that if they break the first hit of EX Up Slash then the 2nd hit of it will launch them into full combo?

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Armour in this game couldn't be more necessary.

Incase im seeing this wrong EX Red Dash~EX up/down slash armour eats the breaker hit and hits them again for a launch?

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Ahaha wtf that's awesome. STORMS this might be FP worthy. I dunno what character in the game can ignore breakers, even if it is situational. I could see this happening when the opponent has to break. A setup would be perhaps jumping over a cyrax net or spacing a rising karma and coming in for a F4...instinct for the opponent will be to break asap if they're low enough on life.

Simply excellent. L0rdoftheFLY

edit: a better way to describe this would be 'a way to break a breaker'. Eddy Wang

edit: Seapeople it looks like the super armor properties of ex dash are what make this possible

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Seapeople

This one's for you
It looks like this is more of an anti-breaker tech than the meter drain glitch...that only happens when the other person is blocking/unblocking. This is a really cool find though.

Do you have to use ex red dash for this to work, or can you just do f4~red dash~ex slash?

AssassiN

Noob
LOL, her armor is still active after the first hit.
That's something I didn't know xD. Awesome shit!

Is this also possible with the EX DS?

I've seen this before with EX glow from Jade, if Jade still has EX glow and has you in a combo you just cannot break or she'll get a free combo.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
I'm not a Skarlet player, but as far as I recall it isn't neccesary to do :xRed Dash to get :x Up/Down Slice. The breaker is getting absorbed by the :x Up/Down Slice's armor, then spending bar for Red Dash doesn't seem neccesary for this tech to work

My 2 cents.

AssassiN

Noob
I'm not a Skarlet player, but as far as I recall it isn't neccesary to do :xRed Dash to get :x Up/Down Slice. The breaker is getting absorbed by the :x Up/Down Slice's armor, then spending bar for Red Dash doesn't seem neccesary for this tech to work

My 2 cents.
EX Up slash/down SLASH doesn't have armor on it's own, if you do EX red dash into up/down slash it extends the armor into those slashes.
Make it possible for her to have +-45 frames of armor.

So the armor comes from the EX RD and the 2 hits comes from EX up/down slash.

So it's necessary to spend 2 bars to get that anti-breaker setup.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
EX Up slash/down SLASH doesn't have armor on it's own, if you do EX red dash into up/down slash it extends the armor into those slashes.
Make it possible for her to have +-45 frames of armor.

So the armor comes from the EX RD and the 2 hits comes from EX up/down slash.

So it's necessary to spend 2 bars to get that anti-breaker setup.
My bad then. Now you see I'm really not a Skarlet player. :p

ryublaze

Noob
Eddy Wang Can you test this with other combos too? (like the corner combo: F2,1,2,1+2, Red Dash, down slash except do F2,1,2,1+2, EX Red Dash, EX Up/Down Slash) or does this only work for grounded breakers?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Eddy Wang

So you could make an unbreakable combo with skarlet then... Add some daggers at the end... maybe an ex dagger cancel into more daggers + ia down dagger otg?

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Eddy Wang Can you test this with other combos too? (like the corner combo: F2,1,2,1+2, Red Dash, down slash except do F2,1,2,1+2, EX Red Dash, EX Up/Down Slash) or does this only work for grounded breakers?
I think the underlying question here is: is gravity reset after a breaker or does it hold steady with whatever it was at the time of a breaker? Check TONY-T any thoughts/knowledge?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Euph0nic

Purple Glowy Stuff
Imagine a barfight with John Wayne vs 4 medium sized bullfrogs!

nice find, I'm sure its the armor leftover from EXRD doubling up on an EX US/DS that logically creates a level of armor suitable to eat a breaker. everybody know EX Glow eats breakers? but that only costs 1 bar. This being a 2 bar puts it in the "humiliation" category if pulled off properly. Like an EXSmokeBall double reset. I never have enough meter online. I'm too flashy :\

Flagg

Noob
This is why she has the best armour in the game.

That is awesome L0rdoftheFLY ! But it seems like it's an anti breaker tech! That is so awesome. I can't think of anyone else in the game that has an armoured launcher like her with those kind of properties.

I guess you could use this to close off a fight if you know they are holding forward and block as the meter fills before death.