What's new

Match-up Discussion Sinestro post UFGT MU chart

we will play at evo, at you will not win one round ;)

flash cannot do ANYTHING to maintain safe pressure or close the gap. your headbutt thing is punished by d 2 and the over head is full punished if you block the first hit them duck. flash has no answer 1/2 screen to full screen either

Pig Of The Hut i bet 100$ the flash is sinestro's worse MU, if i knock you down, which i will and you don't wake up expect a cross up MB sonic pound for 54% of your life into another same exact set up.....and if you do wake up arachnid and it gets block you eat 61% BNB with one bar and trait, not to mention that all his projectiles within LC range are punishable on reversal, that means if you do fear ball i set you up after a LC on hit with a potential 54% combo, or any other oki set ups, b13 is also full combo punishable by 112 into 61% one bar trait combo thats easy to actually do. its 6-4 maybe 7-3 flash, you're only hope is sinestro resets with trait to unblockables....and trait ingeneral to make you zoning and footsies tools safe.

no. just bc you can do that in training mode doesn't mean it translates to high level play.

Very few characters have a 9 or less frame low dude. Of those few only GL and Aquaman have good options with theirs cause they are actually strings.

Trust me. Once she gets to you, getting out is a pain in the ass and youre taking insane risks at every turn even when you guess correctly.

I know and it's by realizing this fact that you can see how messed up KF is

LEGEND

YES!
flash cannot do ANYTHING to maintain safe pressure or close the gap. your headbutt thing is punished by d 2 and the over head is full punished if you block the first hit them duck. flash has no answer 1/2 screen to full screen either
no answer to what exactly?

Sinestro literally can't do anything without getting punished unless he is at full screen, and even then you can't even hurt flash since he can dash through, RMS or phase through FB and punish Asteroids

Mid screen and sweep distance you literal have zero safe options, and all Flash has to do is F2 or B22 his way in (F2[1] being duckable means nothing, F2 is still overhead and links to Lightning kick)

Now that Sinestro has a wake-up it has gotten alot better, but it still gets stuffed sometimes and is punishable on block
-
Maintaining standing pressure is not what flash is about. Flash gets in with ease, Goes for a 50/50, deals with the poke game if its block or footsies his way back in on pushblock and Wrecks you with vortex after vortex on hit (and it only takes two combos to kill you)

If Flash gets any kind of buffs he is going to be the most broken thing ever

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
Cowboy probably lost 50-6 to 16 bit and I did as well

We both tried for H O U R S w me raging and desperately looking for answers

Not ONE frost player I've played is playing that character the way he is, it's a damn shame he played shitty during top 12 because NOT ONE PERSON but Master D black Adam stood any fucking chance and we all tried

Black Adam and batman seem to be the only answers this far to that broken ass character that Paulo says is "M I D tier "

GTFO here w mid tier
I was 20% damage away from winning the ft3 against 16bit so I definitely feel like I stood a chance. The Sinestro MU does look unwinnable though. Did you get my text about how Hawkgirl destroys KFrost?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I was 20% damage away from winning the ft3 against 16bit so I definitely feel like I stood a chance. The Sinestro MU does look unwinnable though. Did you get my text about how Hawkgirl destroys KFrost?
yea dave did best w hawkgirl but the KF forums are acting like its so so hard when in fact its not for frost

Its still bad , i was going to call u back but im exhausted

Pig Of The Hut

I'm curious about the Sinestro / Doomsday match up. You give Doomsday the slight advantage. Even now after the Sinestro buff?
Isn't Sinestro able to GTFO Doomsday MB Supernovas on reaction with boulders, which can stop his approach for some part.
I was playing against a Sinestro player with Doomsday a while ago and he completely blew me up. Of course he was the better player overall, I see that - but I felt very uncomfortable with the match up overall.

Pig Of The Hut

Pig Of The Hut

I'm curious about the Sinestro / Doomsday match up. You give Doomsday the slight advantage. Even now after the Sinestro buff?
Isn't Sinestro able to GTFO Doomsday MB Supernovas on reaction with boulders, which can stop his approach for some part.
I was playing against a Sinestro player with Doomsday a while ago and he completely blew me up. Of course he was the better player overall, I see that - but I felt very uncomfortable with the match up overall.
No good player or smart one will ever teleport on you unless you're stuck in the corner and he confirms it on a string

So teleport is out of the question in using it to judge this MU

You have to be able to FB him, build meter, punish dash ins and push block all MB shoulders or if he gets in be a jedi vs df2 or just give up the 2% low all day till you build a bar to push block

Pig Of The Hut

Also you are correct you did 2nd best and was very impressive vs bit

batman and adam have hope

Solkuro

KPB VSM's Sinestro Fear King
the only match ups i disagree that it shouldnt be even is catwoman and batman, for catwoman she has alot of flexibility with in her play to go through many of sinestro tools and tricks (did some causal with VSM maxter to figure this out). batman (at least good ones i play) tend to use bats to close the gap and pretty much once hes in its cross up city and not much can be done about it except a few basic options.

Pig Of The Hut

Mu looks legit. I think aquaman, black adam, and batgirl is sinestro bad matchup. I think batgirl bodies sinestro for free as 7-3 for her side.
this mu could be as bad as frost honestly but my problem is i have extreme limit exp but the little i see and the little ive looked up her tools she looks perfectly built to defeat sinestro

Pig Of The Hut

the only match ups i disagree that it shouldnt be even is catwoman and batman, for catwoman she has alot of flexibility with in her play to go through many of sinestro tools and tricks (did some causal with VSM maxter to figure this out). batman (at least good ones i play) tend to use bats to close the gap and pretty much once hes in its cross up city and not much can be done about it except a few basic options.
I played PL all weekend and made him stop using batman

this mu sinestro has a lot of options for batman's. I keep hearing about bats but the thing is you can trade with them. FB keeps him in check for dashing in w bats and you win this trade and he loses his trait.

I really need to post mu videos of this, ill play PL online and record

this is about as equal as it gets. WoundCowboy can you expound more?

chores

bad at things
Pig Of The Hut
A F0xy Grampa

just curious about your thoughts on vs WW. i have never had a problem with sinestro because avoiding his zoning seems easy with her. i am also certain ive never played a sinestro close to your level. just want to know your thoughts.

Solkuro

KPB VSM's Sinestro Fear King
I played PL all weekend and made him stop using batman

this mu sinestro has a lot of options for batman's. I keep hearing about bats but the thing is you can trade with them. FB keeps him in check for dashing in w bats and you win this trade and he loses his trait.

I really need to post mu videos of this, ill play PL online and record

this is about as equal as it gets. WoundCowboy can you expound more?
I use FB to keep all batmans away from me no matter the skill and i know what to look for but my issue is just when the gap is closed and ur taking an onslaught of batman's pressure game, i feel its not much u can do besides backdash,archbalad, or just wait for them to mess up to counter hit . I personally dont have problems with batman users but it annoying when they get in and their pressure game is just madness. I know many batman players in NYC that could help me test the MU, ill upload matches probably by the weekend or so

killer frost slide is pretty much kung lao's roll that hits low they are both -4. I dont think the slide has that much big of a recovery as kung laos roll though.

LEGEND

YES!
Pig Of The Hut
A F0xy Grampa

just curious about your thoughts on vs WW. i have never had a problem with sinestro because avoiding his zoning seems easy with her. i am also certain ive never played a sinestro close to your level. just want to know your thoughts.
from what little i've played the MU it feels alot like the Superman MU minus the lasers. some things i've noticed:

Asteroids are only for punishing Air dashes

MB FB keeps her from using parry to get past zoning consistently

You can build trait with relative safety from pretty much anywhere

you can wiff punish her B2 with Shackles or FB quite easily. which is something not all characters can do

i guess thats kinda it, everything else is speculation as i haven't had time/care to test this MU much. But as i see it, Sinestro will build trait fairly easily and WW will have to take risks to get in. Seems pretty bad for WW to me

Belial

Noob
Jumping back gives Frost some problems, since sinestro has a way to alter his jump arc he can actually cause some more trouble that usual characters. Also range on her pokes is so bad, that once you learn your footsie game you'll be able to exploit that.
You should rely on your trait more and get a better pressure via it. Frost anti-zoning is good, but its not that terribly hard to stay full screen with her. You definitely will get your chance to build that trait and then you can fight her in close combat.
Cowboy just doesnt utilize Sinestro trait pressure, since Zoning got him carried way too far. Good opportunity to learn.

You MK players are a bunch of crybabies. This game has so much broken stuff, you can basically play it based off reads only. However you whine about KF, who do have a serious gaps in her gameplan, which can be exploited. All that after facing a decent frost for the first time in your life. And even so matchup charts are yet to be formed, Sinestro may end up having a terrible matchup with her, but still be a better character overall (I doubt though xD)

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Jumping back gives Frost some problems, since sinestro has a way to alter his jump arc he can actually cause some more trouble that usual characters. Also range on her pokes is so bad, that once you learn your footsie game you'll be able to exploit that.
You should rely on your trait more and get a better pressure via it. Frost anti-zoning is good, but its not that terribly hard to stay full screen with her. You definitely will get your chance to build that trait and then you can fight her in close combat.
Cowboy just doesnt utilize Sinestro trait pressure, since Zoning got him carried way too far. Good opportunity to learn.

You MK players are a bunch of crybabies. This game has so much broken stuff, you can basically play it based off reads only. However you whine about KF, who do have a serious gaps in her gameplan, which can be exploited. All that after facing a decent frost for the first time in your life. And even so matchup charts are yet to be formed, Sinestro may end up having a terrible matchup with her, but still be a better character overall (I doubt though xD)
Good luck building trait against Frost. She can slide or glacier at ANY time to check you. I know how to pressure with trait, I just have to get used to people who prefer to play patiently. 80% of the people I play like to press buttons after a Sinestro block string, regardless of the trait.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Pig Of The Hut, agreed with DD number. For now at least. Once DD gets, and he will very easily, he stays in. His trait also helps him a lot in the particular MU. Could be an even MU in the not so distant future though.

Belial

Noob
Good luck building trait against Frost. She can slide or glacier at ANY time to check you. I know how to pressure with trait, I just have to get used to people who prefer to play patiently. 80% of the people I play like to press buttons after a Sinestro block string, regardless of the trait.
Ok I was trying to be nice, but here's the deal
You and Piggy are making matchup assumptions based of one game session. In a game thats out for a month.
Its your salt speaking, not you.
All in all, 16Bit could just be a way better player than you at this point of the game. All people learn at different pace.