What's new

Match-up Discussion Sinestro post UFGT MU chart

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
What about backdash/walk back? Will her D1 hit if you're walking back? Then you can punish the D1 whiff with F2, etc. I think the only option she has is just doing another raw slide right?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
What about backdash/walk back? Will her D1 hit if you're walking back? Then you can punish the D1 whiff with F2, etc. I think the only option she has is just doing another raw slide right?

theres honestly nothing stopping her from sliding it or repeating d1 slide

the risk reward greatly favors her

RIF

Noob
I don't see how Batman is a 5-5. He has so many options to get in and avoid being zoned out. Once he has bats, he can rush down Sinestro and pressure him all day. I find myself having to push-block all the time against Batman.

Catwoman and the Flash are also likely 4-6 match-ups once it gets fleshed out. They both have ways of getting in that Sinestro has no answers for. When either character is in your face, you're eating mix-up after mix-up after mix-up. One hit leads to 40% damage. I can't get enough time or space to charge trait.

I am certain Nightwing is not in Sinestro's favor. His projectile beats fear blast and rocks clean. His rush down with the staff is very hard for Sinestro to deal with.

Ares seems like a nightmare for me when I play against any competent player. They will shoot fireballs and bait your attack then teleport behind you and hit you for 45%. You can't safely zone out Ares at any place on the stage. Maybe I just don't understand the match-up, but I can't see how Sinestro mounts an offense against Ares.

Sinestro is not the kind of character that can be top 10 simply because he's always one mistake away from being in a bad situation. There are times when he can be very oppressive, but having low combo damage means one bad guess can cost you the lead and getting it back as Sinestro is very hard.

4-6 against Batgirl? How? How do you even begin to approach her? If you shoot a fireball, she teleport grabs you into a full combo. Please explain to me how you deal with this character as I probably have a 10% win rate against her and all of those wins were against REALLY bad players.

As for fighting Killer Frost.....

The only success I have is forcing Killer Frost to slide...a lot. Once I know they will be using the slide, Air Axe can lead into a full combo. This is only really possible if you keep the spacing far enough for you to react to the slide, but if you can cage them in that spot, you might be more successful.

Pig Of The Hut

I don't see how Batman is a 5-5. He has so many options to get in and avoid being zoned out. Once he has bats, he can rush down Sinestro and pressure him all day. I find myself having to push-block all the time against Batman.

Catwoman and the Flash are also likely 4-6 match-ups once it gets fleshed out. They both have ways of getting in that Sinestro has no answers for. When either character is in your face, you're eating mix-up after mix-up after mix-up. One hit leads to 40% damage. I can't get enough time or space to charge trait.

I am certain Nightwing is not in Sinestro's favor. His projectile beats fear blast and rocks clean. His rush down with the staff is very hard for Sinestro to deal with.

Ares seems like a nightmare for me when I play against any competent player. They will shoot fireballs and bait your attack then teleport behind you and hit you for 45%. You can't safely zone out Ares at any place on the stage. Maybe I just don't understand the match-up, but I can't see how Sinestro mounts an offense against Ares.

Sinestro is not the kind of character that can be top 10 simply because he's always one mistake away from being in a bad situation. There are times when he can be very oppressive, but having low combo damage means one bad guess can cost you the lead and getting it back as Sinestro is very hard.

4-6 against Batgirl? How? How do you even begin to approach her? If you shoot a fireball, she teleport grabs you into a full combo. Please explain to me how you deal with this character as I probably have a 10% win rate against her and all of those wins were against REALLY bad players.

As for fighting Killer Frost.....

The only success I have is forcing Killer Frost to slide...a lot. Once I know they will be using the slide, Air Axe can lead into a full combo. This is only really possible if you keep the spacing far enough for you to react to the slide, but if you can cage them in that spot, you might be more successful.
Wound and I both agree its 5-5

Sinestro has every option you'd want

bats? Trade w fb to win health trade and create neutral situation

he can poke out of some of batman pressure strings

AA his aerial attacks

Take advantage of his lack of good aa and wakeups

and sinestro forces batman to approach him on the ground where sinestro has great footsie options. Sorry man maybe we'll just have to post footage. But i made PL w batman say "Your character is stupid" and switch to doomsday. Your approach is probably just wrong.

Also your approach vs Ares isnt good either. You dont zone him, you play him in footsie range. You can read and punish teleports w d1 special or 22 or 111 special. You force him to use his 2nd best toold JI2 which sinestro is one of few who can safely AA it into combo

You do not zone ares.

Other mus you mentioned ive already discussed. These #s are judged on top tourney players playing w each other and i think cowboy and i played about 12-14 hours a day for 5 days

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
You guys NEED to put yourself in Frost's reset situation and find out what your options are. You will see that you have at least more options than simply guess-blocking at times.

Another thing ... Her overhead is 4 frames longer than slide so with a LOT of practice (lol), you can begin to block low always and react to the overhead. I've done it a bunch of times, but failed a bunch more. It will get easier with time... lol

Frost is NOT MK9 Kabal REO ... her zoning sucks <3 but I get what you are implying and agree haha

Reactions: SLy

RIF

Noob
Wound and I both agree its 5-5

Sinestro has every option you'd want

bats? Trade w fb to win health trade and create neutral situation

he can poke out of some of batman pressure strings

AA his aerial attacks

Take advantage of his lack of good aa and wakeups

and sinestro forces batman to approach him on the ground where sinestro has great footsie options. Sorry man maybe we'll just have to post footage. But i made PL w batman say "Your character is stupid" and switch to doomsday. Your approach is probably just wrong.

Also your approach vs Ares isnt good either. You dont zone him, you play him in footsie range. You can read and punish teleports w d1 special or 22 or 111 special. You force him to use his 2nd best toold JI2 which sinestro is one of few who can safely AA it into combo

You do not zone ares.

Other mus you mentioned ive already discussed. These #s are judged on top tourney players playing w each other and i think cowboy and i played about 12-14 hours a day for 5 days

I am not sure I follow the Batman suggestions. Batman usually approaches under the safety of Bats. He dashes in with them and blocks my fb. Once he's within 1-2 dash range, he will release the bats and force me to block a cross-up. I constantly find myself in this position. If I am able to avoid this situation or have a better way to deal with that type of pressure, I will have better success.

I will try and figure out which strings I can safely poke him out of. I think my weakness with Sinestro right now is that I am too reactionary. I don't pressure the opponent in situations where I might be able to.

Against Ares, are you talking specifically about D1 and B2? I will try getting in that footsie range and see if that helps the match-up.

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
The risk reward is always gonna be in her favor vs just about every character though. Slide is dumb.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
I really don't see how Sinestro/Deathstroke isn't at least 6/4 in Sinestro's favor. Before the "balance" changes, I would have called it a 5/5 or possible 6/4. Now I believe it's at best a 6/4, possibly 7/3. If Deathstroke can't stay within the sweet spot, he gets destroyed.

Espio

Kokomo
Cyborg is listed as 6-4 in Sinestro's favor, possibly 3-7 advantage, could I get your thoughts on the match up (anyone can chime in)?

I'm not familiar with the match up, but I'm just curious because I've barely played it and have not seen it played either.

I agree on Hawkgirl.

Pig Of The Hut

The risk reward is always gonna be in her favor vs just about every character though. Slide is dumb.

I truly think other than adam and batman there are no answers

Yes i hear all these whispers about hawkgirl but i wanna see one do it offline w no excuses against 16 bit who breaks frost more than anything

Pig Of The Hut

I really don't see how Sinestro/Deathstroke isn't at least 6/4 in Sinestro's favor. Before the "balance" changes, I would have called it a 5/5 or possible 6/4. Now I believe it's at best a 6/4, possibly 7/3. If Deathstroke can't stay within the sweet spot, he gets destroyed.
I am not sure I follow the Batman suggestions. Batman usually approaches under the safety of Bats. He dashes in with them and blocks my fb. Once he's within 1-2 dash range, he will release the bats and force me to block a cross-up. I constantly find myself in this position. If I am able to avoid this situation or have a better way to deal with that type of pressure, I will have better success.

I will try and figure out which strings I can safely poke him out of. I think my weakness with Sinestro right now is that I am too reactionary. I don't pressure the opponent in situations where I might be able to.

Against Ares, are you talking specifically about D1 and B2? I will try getting in that footsie range and see if that helps the match-up.
against ares you can react to his teleport and d1 him, or throw or 22 or 11

And his JI2 which is one of the best can be AA w ease w sinestro

this MU is 5-5, if you try to play it full screen you'll get bodied

haketh

Noob
I just can't see Sinestro vs Bruce and Babs aren't bad MUs. Bruce vs Sinestro being even maybe but looking at the tools alone Babs has an advantage on Sinestro.

Pig Of The Hut

I just can't see Sinestro vs Bruce and Babs aren't bad MUs. Bruce vs Sinestro being even maybe but looking at the tools alone Babs has an advantage on Sinestro.
Im going to trust the 2nd place finisher in a 180 man tourney opinion though w sinestro

also my own

tag cowboy in on this

Shazam is slightly disadvantageous against Sinestro from my understanding of the matchup when I think about it. 5.5 4.5 but probably not worse than that. Does Sinestro have a good 9f move that can punish d3 from max range?

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Cowboy probably lost 50-6 to 16 bit and I did as well

We both tried for H O U R S w me raging and desperately looking for answers

Not ONE frost player I've played is playing that character the way he is, it's a damn shame he played shitty during top 12 because NOT ONE PERSON but Master D black Adam stood any fucking chance and we all tried

Black Adam and batman seem to be the only answers this far to that broken ass character that Paulo says is "M I D tier "

GTFO here w mid tier
Glad to see it's not just me thinking this...

I actually had a conversation with a friend who mains KF about this. Even though he's not a top level player (At least not atm), he was also saying no one was using KF correctly.

Her mixups are ridiculous when used properly, and you can't ever punish her.

LEGEND

YES!
Ground shock trade is in Sinestro's favor by 1% damage

Escrima's projectile can be traded with Boulders, which do more damage and grant advantage

any time Nightwing gains the zoning advantage sinestro just has to bait one projectile, make it wiff, and he gets his zoning right back on track

Nightwing has to get in, and escrima is the best way for him to do that, but if he does choose to go with escrima Sinestro can then charge his trait for free

Up close all i need to do is pushblock NW away or land a D1 and get a mix-up, and nightwing doesn't exactly have reliable AAs either so Sinestro's jump mix-up are also an option

NW also doesn't have good control of interactables so any stage that has plenty of them will be a problem for him. This MU is damn near unwinnable for NW on Watchtower