What's new

Strategy Sindel ~ General Strategies/INFO/Questions

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
B1 also has horrid damage scaling, even with xray. you'll get like 27% at best with it.
I have never used the x-ray in combos unless I land a b3f2 from a JIP, as I want to make the most of scaling. I use it on its own or after a block string for the same effect, but I thought it was safe, Shame it isn't :(

I used the x-ray from b1 to kill off the opponent in the video, and I have done that before in a practical match many times.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Interesting find, this is very simaler to how sektor's B2 is a nice attack to do as they stand up, sure a wakeup attack will beat it but the idea is to pressure them to either block or go for a wakeup attack, the idea of being able to stop them from hurting you on wakeup and hurt them greatly if they dont is a nice mindfuck haha.

Too many people only like stuff if it's guaranteed, it's a shame nice little things like this get overlooked when in the bigger picture the opponent is unsure what to do with the inpending danger of being attacked again straight away.

Husteen

Noob.
Yes obviously the opponent can wake up, I mentioned that in the video, that's the point is it not? The opponent has to make a choice, wake up or block.

Also. Characters like sub zero have wake up invisibility frames on his slide, so he will beat you advance if he wakes up, but he is fucked if you bait it.
the thing i have about wakeups is: after the patch, EVERYONE uses wakeups. they're so good now. baiting a punishable attack is really good for sindel, though.

I have never used the x-ray in combos unless I land a b3f2 from a JIP, as I want to make the most of scaling. I use it on its own or after a block string for the same effect, but I thought it was safe, Shame it isn't :(

I used the x-ray from b1 to kill off the opponent in the video, and I have done that before in a practical match many times.
i know =/ just whiff the xray in practice mode, hold block and watch how long it takes her to block. it's only punished by like sub zero's xray. my advice about the xray is try not to use it naked unless you have no choice or the opponent jumps at you or something.

i don't want to sound like i don't appreciate this but i didn't feel it was worth mentioning because it's easily beat with wakeups, even by characters like ermac who people claim "is free" on wakeup. if it DID stuff wakeups somehow then we'd e on to something. the closest thing sindel has to a vortex is using B1 in her levitate cancel strings. i've gotten some people with like 3 resets in a row because they didn't block low but some people do block low while they're being comboed or jump >.<

for example: use a combo like 44, 1, yell, jip, 2, 1, levitate cancel, B1, 2, etc. if they don't block low or jump/attack for some reason, you'll get a reset!

Urichinan

@Urichinan
I agree, it's cool, but definitely not new. Every character with a hard knockdown can do this, it's not really a vortex, it's just baiting a wake-up. However, I think she may be able to do her anti-wake-up Fireball setup after this. (Like the 3,1,1/2,1,2/f+3 setups)

Urichinan

@Urichinan
DOUBLE POST!

I found out a new, un-punishable, meter gaining blockstring!

EDIT: I uploaded the new video.

I made one mistake in the original video, which was calling it a "jail" string, I was under the impression that a "jail" string was something that couldn't be escaped at all, however, this one allows you to switch to a crouching state during a small gap in the string. This doesn't effect the usefulness of the string though, because they'll be hit if they try to do any move at all, other than switch to a crouch animation, so it makes no difference whatsoever. The only thing that crouch blocking will do is make the 4 whiff after b+2, but you can just go straight into the Air Fireball and still come out safe.

BEHOLD!

Husteen

Noob.
very nice!
i actually use that same thing. XD guess i should have said something, but i didn't know it was uninterruptible! that will make her levitate cancel strings a little more effective.

it's annoying when they randomly crouch block that string, dodge the 4, and usually uppercut me before the firebal comes out >.< but sometimes they try to use a different attack and they get hit by the fireball =D

Urichinan

@Urichinan
very nice!
i actually use that same thing. XD guess i should have said something, but i didn't know it was uninterruptible! that will make her levitate cancel strings a little more effective.

the only thing that bugs me is the 2 has to land and if my 2 lands i'll just use: 2, yell, jip, B3, f2, dash, b1, 2, dash, 3, hair whip.
i guess it's just like rain where if you want the damage or have xray then you do the combo but if you want meter then do this =]
2 doesn't hit, this is purely a block string. Meaning, you should always do your combo when 2 hits, and do this string when 2 is blocked.

Husteen

Noob.
2 doesn't hit, this is purely a block string. Meaning, you should always do your combo when 2 hits, and do this string when 2 is blocked.
i changed my post. i had to watch the video a second time lol sorry.

so 2>LC is +8 on block?? what is it on hit?

Husteen

Noob.
one thing i would always do after my 44>fireball or 11, B2, 4, fireball were blocked was use a hair whip. they're just at a perfect distance to throw a hair whip out. i've even caught people trying to jump.
after 11 B2 fireball is blocked, D4 and 4 will hit them when they try to counter attack. just something to think about.

hmm? wouldn't 2>LC give more advantage on hit than on block since the opponent is staggered?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I agree, it's cool, but definitely not new. Every character with a hard knockdown can do this, it's not really a vortex, it's just baiting a wake-up. However, I think she may be able to do her anti-wake-up Fireball setup after this. (Like the 3,1,1/2,1,2/f+3 setups)
Im not sure about that...

Not every character has an un-Techable knock down after a combo. The safest possible option is low fire ball obviously.

Husteen

Noob.
if you can somehow condition your opponent to not wakeup after being knocked down (which isn't gonna happen because of the wakeup buff) then you can:
dash in and throw
dash in and B1 combo
dash in and 2, 1 combo/pressure
low :)en) fireball
or don't dash and just use an xray, like in my video.

the real thing here would be if sindel could somehow consistently prevent/stuff wakeups. for example, look at this video pre-patch that doesn't work anymore:

EDIT: omg, her scream used to be so slow... >.<

DanCock

Cock Master!!
i thought the 2 Flight cancel is +8 on hit.. on hit Flight Cancels are all +frames on hit, this is to allow the air fireball to hit for a combo.. stuff like 3,1 FIAF to be a combo..

i cant imagine it being + frames at all on block, maybe neutral or +2 at best..

think about it, if you are hitting them then doing the flight cancel, your no longer hitting them for a few frames, why would sindel be at + frames??? that makes no sense to me..

edit~
**just saw the video interesting, so its really +8 on block wow.. oh snaps... i want to play now..

alll hail :sindel: :sindel: :sindel: @Urichinan :sindel: :sindel: :sindel:

Husteen

Noob.
yeah, i remember it being +9 on hit so it would be less on block. i don't think that part is a frame trap but i'll still try to use it because that's kewl.

Zangrief

Noob
Hey Urichinan, thanks for the awesome videos, Mad props!

Forgive this noobs dumb question.

I don't understand how to do your block string. I see 1,1,1/1,1,b2,4. Does this mean i have to mash "1" 5 times? I guess I'm confused by the "/". What am I supposed to be doing? Cause when i try to input those commands the result is nothing like the video.

Since this is my first post, I just wanna add that I've been using Sindy since day 1 and I'm still horrible with her. Been reading these Sindel forums for the past two weeks trying to level up, and I am super appreciative of the help and support given by all you Sindel masters. Thanks!

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Hey Urichinan, thanks for the awesome videos, Mad props!

Forgive this noobs dumb question.

I don't understand how to do your block string. I see 1,1,1/1,1,b2,4. Does this mean i have to mash "1" 5 times? I guess I'm confused by the "/". What am I supposed to be doing? Cause when i try to input those commands the result is nothing like the video.

Since this is my first post, I just wanna add that I've been using Sindy since day 1 and I'm still horrible with her. Been reading these Sindel forums for the past two weeks trying to level up, and I am super appreciative of the help and support given by all you Sindel masters. Thanks!
/ = or so when some one types "/" they are saying do this "OR" that.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I'll update the first post with [MENTION=2877]Urichinan[/MENTION] new stuff some time tonight when i get home from work. Thanks alot you rule!! Keep them coming.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
has anybody ever thought about using U3 for its push back properties on a blocking opponent? although its slow it seems to push the blocking opponent back just enough giving you some time to escape some pressure and allowing to catch your opponent with a hair whip, step up, or 44. opening up some possibilites for sindel. i could be compeletly off. but its just a thought. suggestions?!

Urichinan

@Urichinan
has anybody ever thought about using U3 for its push back properties on a blocking opponent? although its slow it seems to push the blocking opponent back just enough giving you some time to escape some pressure and allowing to catch your opponent with a hair whip, step up, or 44. opening up some possibilites for sindel. i could be compeletly off. but its just a thought. suggestions?!
It all depends on what the frame advantage is on block. If it's anything below -6f it's safe, but if it isn't, then you should never use it.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Hmmm she has better options to push her foe away I say. I wouldn't use it but if you come up with something then awesome can't wait to see what you come up with

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Husteen

Noob.
i have some things for ya'll.
first of all, i kind of wish :en scream was safe on block or pushed back, thus making it safe, like kung lao's :en spin. i know every character should have at least on heavily punishable attack but her yell is slow to start AND is really punishable, huh?!

i have something for hitbox users. you can do a levitate cancel, HOLD block, and keep rapidly pressing D, D, U and the small window between her rising and landing will give you enough time to keep canceling without letting go of and repressing block! it's looks really fast, too. i could do this a couple times on my ps3 pad but it's obviously really hard.

last thing, sindel can pull kitana-like shenanigans with a DEEP jik. deep jump in kick, dash, D1, :en scream, combo! you don't have to dash in the corner. we all know jik has a lot more priority over jip especially when it comes to ducking/D3ing opponents but the downside is you normally don't get a combo off of it. now you can =]

Husteen

Noob.
i was just thinking... vortexes call for a character having both a low and overhead combo starters or an unblockable attack, sindel only has one of those. =/