What's new

Strategy Sindel ~ General Strategies/INFO/Questions

peachyO

Noob
In fact, I use it more on its own that in combos. It's my all-time favorite sp. move in the MK universe.
When they block 2 or more, they'd wanna jump on you so prepare a yell to catch them haha
mine too!! closely followed by sheeva's untamed fury. #3? her step kick/step up!!

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
Do you guys like using hair whip in footsies and such, not just as a combo ender? I was playing multiple people yesterday with Sindel and I absolutely love it as a whiff punisher and to space people out, especially since it has excellent range and at -7 and at max range you don't have to fear your opponent too much.
I used to do that a lot, but i've gotten away from it. I probably should go back to it since it really was decent way of making opponent respect you from jump distance. i got to using more iafs.

Espio

Kokomo
In fact, I use it more on its own that in combos. It's my all-time favorite sp. move in the MK universe.
When they block 2 or more, they'd wanna jump on you so prepare a yell to catch them haha

I was so excited when it was confirmed for MK9...it was a crime it was gone in MK Deception and Armageddon lol.

Do you prefer standing 1, scream or standalone yell for anti-air?

i use the hair whip a lot..... its always a surprise when they are trying to get close and is very good against jumping characters such kitana. besides that every time i would end a combo with hairwhip... make a little fast dash and do it again, when hits the oppenet will respect it next time, making him block o force him to wake up and punish. soon i will upload some battle in a local torney where i use sindel most of it. hair whip is a very good friend.

cheers!

Tight, looking forward to your matches :).

I used to do that a lot, but i've gotten away from it. I probably should go back to it since it really was decent way of making opponent respect you from jump distance. i got to using more iafs.

I like it a lot and I'm glad I was on the right track with high level Sindels also doing it as well.

Sindel's zoning is phenomenal and hair whip is definitely a good part of her space control.

CanadianBaconX

Let's see how long this lasts...
Ugh my aa game kinda sucks, I can barely read a jump and counter with 1 yell or 3 yell. :confused:
I use standalone yells/screams or firebabies sometimes even u4 but it whiffs more than it connects.
When I combo off of an U4 anti air... I get pretty hype... Not even ashamed of it xD

Espio

Kokomo
More footsie/fundamentals discussion for everyone.

Stryker and Sindel both have a back 3 launcher of similar frames (26 for Stryker and 27 for Sindel). I use Stryker's in whiff punishing and I was actually able to use Sindel's back 3, forward 2 into combo to whiff punish Raiden's strings the same way I use Stryker's back 3, 2.

In my quest to play a strong footsie game with every character I use and maximize whiff punishment damage, that's what I came up with for her.

Do other Sindels utilize this? I really like it for whiff punishing, great damage, safe on block etc. It's one of her best damaging starters.

I was going to make a separate thread, but didn't know if this called for that or not.

Rajjaka

Urriapáh !!
well here is the link and the timing....this was a very low profile torney we did here during the celebration of the independence day in ChIle.... beer was among us haha.... it is not the best Sindel in the world but of course you can get some ideas of how to deal with certain characters.... question and suggestions are more than welcome....i also have my own theories about certain starters with her combos and meter use.... anyways, i will let you watch the stream.... of course damn lurker won the torney hAHHah. i am aready working on some anti raiden techs with Sindel though.. i regrett about picking Sub in the first match..... comments are welcome.

http://es.twitch.tv/tournament_cl/b/332879502

1:43 kenshi
2:15 raiden
2:20 sonya
2:23 kabal
5:25 kitana

SALUTTE !!

CanadianBaconX

well here is the link and the timing....this was a very low profile torney we did here during the celebration of the independence day in ChIle.... beer was among us haha.... it is not the best Sindel in the world but of course you can get some ideas of how to deal with certain characters.... question and suggestions are more than welcome....i also have my own theories about certain starters with her combos and meter use.... anyways, i will let you watch the stream.... of course damn lurker won the torney hAHHah. i am aready working on some anti raiden techs with Sindel though.. i regrett about picking Sub in the first match..... comments are welcome.

http://es.twitch.tv/tournament_cl/b/332879502

1:43 kenshi
2:15 raiden
2:20 sonya
2:23 kabal
5:25 kitana

SALUTTE !!
Umm... Things I noticed that seemed odd were...

- You put yourself in the corner a few times against Kenshi which isn't good for Sindel due to her having no armour... She has ways out but, she always does best when she have space behind her to move.
- I saw you punishing Raiden's superman with 44 but, you can get a B3F2 punish.
- You have... "interesting" combos off of a 44. I usually just go with a simple 44, 1, yell, jip, 31, dash, levicancel pressure (or 311 xx levi fireball for like Cage or other duders you want ALLLLL the way on the other side) Not saying one is better than the other, it's just that it was interesting to watch :3
- Oh I saw you hit an U4 anti-air, I always try to dash forward and see if I can combo a 11, en scream off of that. Might not be the most effective use of meter but... It's fun haha :p

Rajjaka

Urriapáh !!
Umm... Things I noticed that seemed odd were...

- You put yourself in the corner a few times against Kenshi which isn't good for Sindel due to her having no armour... She has ways out but, she always does best when she have space behind her to move.
- I saw you punishing Raiden's superman with 44 but, you can get a B3F2 punish.
- You have... "interesting" combos off of a 44. I usually just go with a simple 44, 1, yell, jip, 31, dash, levicancel pressure (or 311 xx levi fireball for like Cage or other duders you want ALLLLL the way on the other side) Not saying one is better than the other, it's just that it was interesting to watch :3
- Oh I saw you hit an U4 anti-air, I always try to dash forward and see if I can combo a 11, en scream off of that. Might not be the most effective use of meter but... It's fun haha :p

ohh yes... of course....i didnt mention that i have no expierence on tourneys so i dont think the staff so well, my head gets dum.... especially that b3 punish... i keep missing that yell afterwards. Diferrent world when on cashuals. much to practice i still have.

-about getting in the corner your are right.... but sometimes i do the airwhip anyways in case the little dash hairwhip trap hits, and then i am no longer at the corner. After a combo that ends with hairwhip (if the trap works) you have all in your favor to mess with your opponent head.

-punishing Raiden superman with b3 is on the way.... if i am going to use a bar with 44, i realize i can do the b3f2 exscream and do more damage and make sure 100% hit with more damage (i repeat, i keep mising that stupid yell timing when is important)

-44,1,111 exscream i do it all the time... the 44, 1, yell timing gets tricky especially when hits on the air, is also different when you are close too, i guess i am to used to do it that way, more damage though but 1 less bar. (besides i keep watching everyone missing that on stream torneys)

-i am working on u4 a lot lattely.... i guess is the only weapon to get the dude out of you, especially when they crossover you since the b4 (slide?) is damn useless. i get mad though when you get a good read and it doesnt hit..... my joystick gets the consecuenses of that.

by the way: where can i watch mr.millena sindel at texas showdown... i have seen just a couple and nothing more.

THANKS FOR WATCHING and sharing !

CanadianBaconX

Rajjaka It's funny that you have trouble with B3F2 combos because I have trouble doing 1 dash 111 in combos which you apprently hae on lockdown haha xD Tho seriously working on being able to get B3F2 yell to work is important. Getting that 40% meterless punish/combo can really swing a match in your favour.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
I completely agree with canadianbaconx b3f2 is toooo important a punisher saves a bar to get big damage. only other way for big damage is 1 enhscream and its still not as much. and STB Espio standing 1 is best aa 3 works but its too slow imo have to anticipate way too much. i also use 44dash1yell but probably shouldnt.

CanadianBaconX

KH_Captain What would you have in mind other wise? I think 44, 1, yell is fine. If you hit them while they were standing it should work fine. If I ever catch someone out of the air with 44 or if they look too far for some reason I will just go with dash, 111 xx Hairwhip or something. Guess I should burn meter to get a scream instead?

Rajjaka

Urriapáh !!
Rajjaka It's funny that you have trouble with B3F2 combos because I have trouble doing 1 dash 111 in combos which you apprently hae on lockdown haha xD Tho seriously working on being able to get B3F2 yell to work is important. Getting that 40% meterless punish/combo can really swing a match in your favour.

HAHa... yep... as long as the nervs doesnt get involved.... i will deffinily go for the meter use. hahaha

it is nice to see more Sindel plays.... cheers !!

Urichinan

@Urichinan
I'm back from the grave.

Has anyone found any new tech lately, anything ground breaking? I haven't kept up with MK in months, so I have no idea what new stuff Sindel has got.

If we don't have anything new, I'd like to see what I can find. :)

Urichinan

@Urichinan
If she really gets it from all three, then she has the most attacks capable of getting a Toasty, right?

If U4 can get a Toasty Boost, it might be worth trying to implement it into more combos.

EDIT: Since she can also combo off U4, that means she can get a Toast Boost mid-combo. Something like 3,1,b+2 > U4 > U4 > d,d,d1 (Toasty Boost+d1) > Scream > JIP > Ender.

If she still had the fireball glitch, she could've been able to do like 6 reps, or even link an X-Ray at the end. :p

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
If she really gets it from all three, then she has the most attacks capable of getting a Toasty, right?

If U4 can get a Toasty Boost, it might be worth trying to implement it into more combos.
The time I remember getting the TOASTY with U4 was a random AA U4....so I don't know if that matters...but I know for sure I got the TOASTY off of U4!

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Yea I have just got an excitement boost now. Sindel with X-ray available always makes it easier to fight all her bad match ups.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk