What's new

Strategy Sindel ~ General Strategies/INFO/Questions

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
So can someone please explain levi cancels to me? I can do some of them but I have no idea how to use them or when or even why they are used.

1. What are her best strings to follow up with levi cancel?
2. Is it better to fireball or just block after the levi cancel?
3. Does the cancel give any sort of frame advantage?
4. What are some of the best situations to use the levi cancel?
5. What is the main purpose of the levi cancel, why even bother doing it?

Ive wanted to come back to Sindel for some time but not knowing the levi cancels made me feel like I was not playing her to her fullest potential. Also is there a video thread or something that shows some matches of a really good Sindel?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
So can someone please explain levi cancels to me? I can do some of them but I have no idea how to use them or when or even why they are used.

Ive wanted to come back to Sindel for some time but not knowing the levi cancels made me feel like I was not playing her to her fullest potential. Also is there a video thread or something that shows some matches of a really good Sindel?
1 - check out the frame data thread look for most of mr mileenas posts in that thread.
2 - depends, you can play good footsies by doing a flight cancel and not fireball. But follow with another flight cancel or any attack after. You can bait your foe into a jump or dash or to whiff a move you can then punish.
3 - read answer to question one. But yea a flight cancel after certain combo strings gives her slight frame advantage. Dont get to excited she doesn't have 7-9 frame attacks like most of the cast other then her d1/3.
4 - if you want to keep your foe up close and do chip damage/ mix up mind games. So like after 2,1 flight cancel dash in throw. Or dash in and do 111. Or from a safe distance to bait out attacks. I'll try and not be lazy and post a short video later tonight.

Is Sindel's hitbox really huge? I was playing Sindel last night online and did a random combo with her D3. Like I tried to dash 3~Cartwheel in a juggle and online made it D3~Cartwheel instead, I didn't know she can use her D3 in a combo whereas most of the other characters can't do it. So I started practicing her D4 in simple juggles ending D3~Hair Whip, 4,4,D3~Cartwheel etc. I assume that Sindel is free for cross ups and jump in punches/kicks... slow Uppercut, D3 makes her duck huge, D1 short of range, Up4 slow high risk of whiffs... damn she really could've use the failed promise armor on Ex Cartwheel for this.
she has a big hitbox yes. Her low fireball does lower her hit box, but keep in mind the animation for the low fireball always start out with her standing even if she is ducking when you attempt the special ( Liu kang low fire ball animation starts with him ducking, so he can do constant low fireballs in a ducking position, she can't).

I plan on making videos of each and every sindel tech. But probably not till after evo.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Zoidberg747

Some good sindel footsie flight cancel stuff of myself.

Also
Try and also look for mr mileenas sindel footage at texas show down. He has great up close flight cancel mind games.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
So from what I am seeing, it is not absolutely necessary to add in her game? I mean it does build meter and maybe mix up the opponent, but it seems like her zoning and footsies are what are most important to learn(or know). Am I talking sense here or has her strategy changed since I last mained her?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
So from what I am seeing, it is not absolutely necessary to add in her game? I mean it does build meter and maybe mix up the opponent, but it seems like her zoning and footsies are what are most important to learn(or know). Am I talking sense here or has her strategy changed since I last mained her?
i say add it to your game if you can make it work like mr mileena can.. i have a weak upclose game compared to my zoning game.

Zoidberg747

i say add it to your game if you can make it work like mr mileena can.. i have a weak upclose game compared to my zoning game.
I am in your same boat. I always used her as a zoner, and that is definitely what I am most comfortable with. It seems like you can cancel most strings into step up, but it being -7 means that isnt reliable. The only problem with flight cancels is I can only really do them on the dpad, so it is kind of awkward when I go from the control sticks to the dpad back to the control sticks. I noticed you use 4,4 into fireball a lot, I am definitely going to incorporate that into my gameplay.

Also since I am just full of questions today: What are her best footsie tools? Her pokes, levi cancels?

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
Is Sindel's hitbox really huge? I was playing Sindel last night online and did a random combo with her D3. Like I tried to dash 3~Cartwheel in a juggle and online made it D3~Cartwheel instead, I didn't know she can use her D3 in a combo whereas most of the other characters can't do it. So I started practicing her D4 in simple juggles ending D3~Hair Whip, 4,4,D3~Cartwheel etc. I assume that Sindel is free for cross ups and jump in punches/kicks... slow Uppercut, D3 makes her duck huge, D1 short of range, Up4 slow high risk of whiffs... damn she really could've use the failed promise armor on Ex Cartwheel for this.
her uppercut is really not that bad, it's kinda like ermacs it has a really big horizontal hitbox. (it will hit someone when they are already behind you for instance)

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe

21 levicancel, 2 levicancel, 11(1) levicancel, f12(4) levicancel (easily ducked, but great on hit), 31(1) levicancel (in corner), d4 levicancel. some of these are only good with fireball not naked. use levi instant fireballs mixed in to keep them from poking you, also poke in between sometimes, mix it up. Best for building meter and creating mixup with b1 cartwheel and throw(or u3 to create space for footsies). very important part of her game IMO. otherwise it's very difficult to come back when down on health.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
Dancock is a zoning Sindel god so he really doesn't need to do it that much, he almost always has the life lead anyway;) Mr. Mileena seems like he always knows when you're gonna try and poke, so you get hit with a poke or fireball instead. he's definitely the best at rushdown, Dancock is the best at zoning, but Delriach is complete. I love watching that Sindel! best way to use Sindel is to zone get life lead and force your opponent to rush in and make a mistake that you can capitalize on with a full combo (I usually end with 311levi fireball to put them back at fullscreen)

Zoidberg747

Man I forgot how fun this character was. I think I am going to try bringing in levi cancels, at least slowly. D4 levi cancel does not seem to hard, and it seems like the best one. So if I end up being able to do this, what is her best followups to this? I know throw will probably work but I am sure there are better ones.

Can 4,4 low fireball be punished by certain characters? I know the pushback makes it much harder to punish but I believe you are still at -7 on block, so maybe only by fast specials?

What are some of her best corner combos that arent off of a b3,2 or 3,1,b2. I can almost never land those launchers in the corner, 2 seems to be easiest to land.

Back to levi cancels, is there any sort of notation for what you guys usually do? Like for 311 levi cancel, would it be 311 down down up block? Or does negative edge kick in?

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
What are some of her best corner combos that arent off of a b3,2 or 3,1,b2. I can almost never land those launchers in the corner, 2 seems to be easiest to land.

Back to levi cancels, is there any sort of notation for what you guys usually do? Like for 311 levi cancel, would it be 311 down down up block? Or does negative edge kick in?
best thing i can think of not using b3f2 or 31b2 is probably 44fb d1 enh scream 311levidf3. or 44 u4 44u3fb you should be able to get the b3f2 to work. during the match do things that give you advantage or stun like f12 or 111 and use b3 lowfb to force them to respect the low option. this should open up b3f2 plus sindel gets jump ins more than any character cuz of the fireballs so obviously off of jip you use b3f2. in the corner i never go for her big damage anyway cuz i want to end with a reset or advantage.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I made a post about this a long time ago but it's really juicy...anytime the opponent gets hit by any fireball while in the air you can OTG them with another iaf. It completely negates every wakeup attack just like her other OTG set ups.

Another thing I'm trying to incorporate into my footsies is d4~levi low fireball. It seems to be about neutral on block and puts you at the same range as 44~low fireball.

Seapeople

This one's for you
^So the OTG air fireball thing I posted about wasn't entirely correct...tech roll into wakeup will let characters escape it.

On to a different subject though... How do you all feel about using Air Low fireballs at jump-in distance? It's a little unsafe but when the other player starts respecting the fireball, you can get a jump-in-punch without being anti air'd.
Getting a jump-in-punch opens up some good options...
-b1~levi cancel is way easier after a jip
-b3 mixups (b3f2, b3~low fireball, b3~levi cancel, etc.)
-A jump-in-punch jails the other player into stand block, allowing you to do 11b24~low fireball for good chip damage.

Thoughts?

Zangrief

Noob
^So the OTG air fireball thing I posted about wasn't entirely correct...tech roll into wakeup will let characters escape it.

On to a different subject though... How do you all feel about using Air Low fireballs at jump-in distance? It's a little unsafe but when the other player starts respecting the fireball, you can get a jump-in-punch without being anti air'd.
Getting a jump-in-punch opens up some good options...
-b1~levi cancel is way easier after a jip
-b3 mixups (b3f2, b3~low fireball, b3~levi cancel, etc.)
-A jump-in-punch jails the other player into stand block, allowing you to do 11b24~low fireball for good chip damage.

Thoughts?
I always seem to get uppercut when I go for the air fireball up close. Maybe my sparring partner recognizes my patterns too well. It seems to work against new opponents though.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I read somewhere that someone got Sindel's Toasty Boost while trying to perform a stage fatality in Hell.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Seapeople What do you think of JIP fball/EX fball? (preferably after a yell) Do you ever use it?
You get a free dash throw/dash 21 etc as they don't have time to react, similar to her 31 levi df3. Esp. if you EX it.
I usually use 31 for reset combos since it gives the most frame advantage. I'll look into the air fireball stuff though.
I think Delriach mentioned a long time ago that after a yell you can do a full levitate into double fireball for a pretty nice unbreakable reset.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Yes, I know that but it's a bit tricky to position yourself right, gotta dash back a bit I think.
I'm just loiking for the highest unbreakable damage after a yell. Stuff other than the hair whip's 11% or EX fball's 13%.
A jip is breakable isn't it?

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
Of course it is. Even her yells and screams are and I hate that shit!
So I guess the most unbreakable % there is the flight dash fbabies.
I agree with that as well. I cannot stand the fact that her yell and scream are breakable. Thats always been a peeve of mines since the release of the game. Like how can you break mid-air! Still makes me scratch my head like what in the world. Lol.

Espio

Kokomo
Do you guys like using hair whip in footsies and such, not just as a combo ender? I was playing multiple people yesterday with Sindel and I absolutely love it as a whiff punisher and to space people out, especially since it has excellent range and at -7 and at max range you don't have to fear your opponent too much.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Do you guys like using hair whip in footsies and such, not just as a combo ender? I was playing multiple people yesterday with Sindel and I absolutely love it as a whiff punisher and to space people out, especially since it has excellent range and at -7 and at max range you don't have to fear your opponent too much.

I whip my hair back and forth

Rajjaka

Urriapáh !!
i use the hair whip a lot..... its always a surprise when they are trying to get close and is very good against jumping characters such kitana. besides that every time i would end a combo with hairwhip... make a little fast dash and do it again, when hits the oppenet will respect it next time, making him block o force him to wake up and punish. soon i will upload some battle in a local torney where i use sindel most of it. hair whip is a very good friend.

cheers!