What's new

Shout outs to Pig for using CSZ against Kabal

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Yip.

In the Final...tried CSZ against Reo's Kabal.

Never mind that he achieved second place, that pales in comparison to probably the most ballsy move of all time, the man deserves a shout out for just that alone.

Well played Pigger!

Flagg

Noob
Oh ffs, I really missed some cool stuff when I went to bed. I thought Pig had retired CSZ, and he used him in the grand final?? CSZ is still hands down, my most enjoyable character to use.

Hope there is some archived footage soon.

UsedForGlue

Oh ffs, I really missed some cool stuff when I went to bed. I thought Pig had retired CSZ, and he used him in the grand final?? CSZ is still hands down, my most enjoyable character to use.

Hope there is some archived footage soon.
He used him in the last match of the bracket reset against Reo. It was never going to work against a Kabal of that quality, but he tried to test the water with it, landed some great crossover parrys and AA slides, Brave move, but unfortunately it didn't pay off.

Flagg

Noob
He used him in the last match of the bracket reset against Reo. It was never going to work against a Kabal of that quality, but he tried to test the water with it, landed some great crossover parrys and AA slides, Brave move, but unfortunately it didn't pay off.
Wow, that's still cool though.

Pig excelled this weekend. Fantastic tournie organiser, cool on the mic, professional and charismatic, and even managed to make it to the Grand Final in his back yard. Full props to the guy.

UsedForGlue

Wow, that's still cool though.

Pig excelled this weekend. Fantastic tournie organiser, cool on the mic, professional and charismatic, and even managed to make it to the Grand Final in his back yard. Full props to the guy.
Are you saying it was Rigged? :)

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
I have never been more disgusted then when I seen Maxter taking 80% for two bars. That shit makes me sick.
I was raging about it because it also came at a time when Pig had genuinely outplayed him but Maxter had meter for the freeset by getting hit and losing a round. It would have been a massive injustice had Pig not won. Pig deserved it so much. His performance was all heart, even against Reo in grand finals.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
yea when i seen pig pick csz just thought oh shit what going to happen here?!?

agree with usedforglue also that those maxter cyrax combos were just dirt,even with the unbreakable one, i was like...really? cyrax dont need to do that BS to get the win

LolingOctopus

Modest and humble genitalia destroyer
agree with usedforglue also that those maxter cyrax combos were just dirt,even with the unbreakable one, i was like...really? cyrax dont need to do that BS to get the win
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but maxter is one of the best cyrax in the US, if not THE best. He knows what cyrax can do and his multiple options. And yet, he lost to pig. You guys are saying that this unbreakable combo is bullshit but what about shang fireball sheninigans? Cyrax has to use meter to pull it off. Sure its dirty, most characters have dirty stuff. Maxter played an incredible cyrax and lost fair and square even with said combo. If we go this way I can see the thread quickly becoming "Kabal is OP! thats only reason REO won" I mean come on, it just happens that REO is godlike and his main is kabal, if his main was any other character the crying would still be there.

This tournament was one of the most enjoyable experience I had the chance to watch and the "dirty" tactics made it even more hype.

UsedForGlue

You guys are saying that this unbreakable combo is bullshit but what about shang fireball sheninigans? Cyrax has to use meter to pull it off.
Shang Has to use meter to Bring the opponent back after a juggle into far ground skull. Shang only has Fire balls, or his Ground skull trap. Cyrax is well build character, with so many tools to win a fight beyond 80% resets. No character in the game needs them, especially not cyrax.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but maxter is one of the best cyrax in the US, if not THE best. He knows what cyrax can do and his multiple options. And yet, he lost to pig. You guys are saying that this unbreakable combo is bullshit but what about shang fireball sheninigans?
i honestly don't care about cyrax's resets, but you can't compare him to shang's skulls. just lol.

good shit to hut of the pig. definitely played a huge part in FR. :)

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I honestly still can't believe we're letting people get away with 80% combos and Jax's potential corner death combo. I seriously can't wait for Paulo's patch. >_>

Cyrax has so many tools. He has great low pokes, a 50/50 wakeup game, already can do 52-60% without resets with one bar, some very good strings in general, the bombs themselves denying footsies, a freaking NET that leads to 40-48% combos with a hitbox so huge that even seasoned players can't consistently time to jump over and still get their pinky toes caught in it, etc, etc.

I mean really, after I picked up Cyblax I was wondering why he was getting away with murder with these resets when he's such a great character by himself. That's just me venting from last night after Maxter used it to win a free round last night, so yeah.....

But back on-topic, really ballsy and awesome to see Pig get CSZ out. I was expecting him to stick with Kenshi and Mileena for the tourney, but dayum represent those low tiers dude.

LolingOctopus

Modest and humble genitalia destroyer
Shang Has to use meter to Bring the opponent back after a juggle into far ground skull. Shang only has Fire balls, or his Ground skull trap. Cyrax is well build character, with so many tools to win a fight beyond 80% resets. No character in the game needs them, especially not cyrax.
I can understand your stance, but please my opinion isnt worth much I barely make it to some local tournaments as of now. Anyway this topic is to cheer for CSZ presence at FR which made it hype! Thanks for the show pig!

edit: how do I english

Don't blame the player, blame the game. If it's in the game, I say exploit it until they have no choice but to fix it.

That being said, Noobe and that other Cyrax player (Hann?) certainly didn't seem to need the resets. Those two were all rushdown mixups and had ridiculous bomb setups. Just really smart stuff all around. It was super refreshing to watch Cyrax being played like that.

UsedForGlue

Dude seriously. Give it up.
Hold on a minute.

I am completely within my right to have my opinion on what I think of it, and you have no place in telling me to stop, that is ridiculous.

I have said a million times, ''If you need it to win, then knock yourself out'', as people are free to do and say whatever they wish, and I have never told anyone to stop using it just because I personally don't, so don't come at me and force that down my throat.

So Claude VonStroke, if you can't handle someone having an opinion, and insist that they ''give it up'', then visiting a message board just isn't the right thing for you.

UsedForGlue

Don't blame the player, blame the game. If it's in the game
I don't blame the player. If certain players need it to win, then go ahead. And just because I don't use it, doesn't mean I don't think anyone else should not. Knock yourself out.

When I saw he picked CSZ I was like daaaaaaammmmmnnnnn but then he got bodied. :p He made alot of key mistakes against Kabal, like trying to throw out ice balls against him when he is zoning. Im just fuckin' with you though man.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Does every thread turn into a bucket of salt? This was supposed to be a props thread to Pig.
I, for one, was impressed with his Kenshi. The Kabal match up is a bad one for Kenshi, and I felt like Pig did his marked best to get in.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I don't blame the player. If certain players need it to win, then go ahead. And just because I don't use it, doesn't mean I don't think anyone else should not. Knock yourself out.
Maxter dropped 5 combos for every 1 he hit. And paid the price for it.

Unfortunately though one day he might not drop those combos, and it will just look like hes brutalising everyone with no chance of losing. He could have won countless times with those resets but he dropped. HE needs it.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Hold on a minute.

I am completely within my right to have my opinion on what I think of it, and you have no place in telling me to stop, that is ridiculous.

I have said a million times, ''If you need it to win, then knock yourself out'', as people are free to do and say whatever they wish, and I have never told anyone to stop using it just because I personally don't, so don't come at me and force that down my throat.

So Claude VonStroke, if you can't handle someone having an opinion, and insist that they ''give it up'', then visiting a message board just isn't the right thing for you.
I can handle it fine but seriously. You were DISGUSTED that Maxter used a reset that just about everyone else uses? It's not his fault it's in the game and he's well within his right to use it as long as it's not banned. It's the fact that you come out of nowhere just to trash maxter again and used words like disgusted that i replied to your post.