What's new

Should we run at EVO Injustice 2 side tournament w GEAR ON

Should I organize an injustice 2 tournament w gear on at evo

• Yes that's hype

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
In addition to an EVO MKXL Side tournament on Sunday I'm working on would the community be interested in an Injustice 2 side tourney w gear on?

I'm speaking about using load outs only, no 30 min customization stuff before a match. Strictly gear abilities. Please give me all your thoughts, this would be streamed and paid entry.

Injustice 2 ends at evo Saturday but we can have Sunday be MKXL and inj2 gear events

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
That'd be cool. Hopefully you'll have others helping you run these events as I imagine it could get pretty hectic, depending on how many pay to play.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
I voted no on the Twitter pool without thinking. I'm prolly not gonna be at evo but this sounds like it would be goofy/fun to watch at least. So ya why not.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I won't be at evo. I'd love to watch that!

Gonna work on making gear events at locals too for the laughs.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I'm torn on this... 1) It is a side event.. so who cares about the balance. It is all for fun... but 2) I do not want to encourage this terrible gear system!!

In reality I do not think there is any argument for why this shouldn't happen... but with players learning non-gear combos and matchups it will be one wonky event.

I still think the gear system can be salvaged. My original understanding was that it was to be a modular variation system. If they split the "new moves" into a separate class with no stats modifications, then I still think a gear system would be awesome in real competitive play.

Just look at the beta.. pretty much every battle is no gear, no new moves.. the entire system is a complete waste of time. All it is now is a doll system.. and that is cool.. but think of all the work and effort at NRS for something no one will ever use.

When was it decided that gear abilities would not be allowed in tournies?
You can't use abilities without gear on so it's not going to work. Not to mention unlocking all of the abilities on every single console for tournaments would be a tremendous pain.

A gear side tournament would be fun to see though, I don't see why not.

Raiderhorn

White Lotus
I immediately voted no cause I was like nah that's not hype. Then I read it was strictly gear abilities. Like WHOOPS lol yeah I support that idea that'd be really cool

Raiderhorn

White Lotus
I know many gear moves aren't known right now but I know from the Beta it'd be much more entertaining to see Atrocitus gear moves in a side tourny, you don't see much special moves from him other than lift/charge/trait

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Absolutely. Gear looks hype as fuck and I would love to see all the broken shit we find with it. Personally I hope online gear tournaments are a major thing because shit like colds ice platform looks fucking crazy

Raiderhorn

White Lotus
Gear is broke but it'd be funny to watch.

Similar to that 2vs2 Tag mode MK9 side tourney, if you guys remember that (and @SonicFox5000, you should be ashamed of that stuff you guys pulled... Hahah).
I just caught up on Bane footage, could totally see Biohazard or someone else put on damage gear ability and win in like 4 moves hahahaha it'd be hilarious you're right, but I'd like to see new depth to the characters aside from the brokenness and see some pro players have fun with new abilities