What's new

Should reset kombos be in MK10?

Should reset kombos be in MK10?

• Total voters

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Yes cuz without the resets a shitty punishable teleport and shit projectiles he'd b great! Especially up against insane zoning or rush downs!
You misunderstand what a reset is... Cyrax's "resets" are not resets at all, they are still the same combo because they are inescapable. A reset is where you end your combo where you have frame advantage and force your opponent to guess what you will do, either option resulting in another combo.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
You misunderstand what a reset is... Cyrax's "resets" are not resets at all, they are still the same combo because they are inescapable. A reset is where you end your combo where you have frame advantage and force your opponent to guess what you will do, either option resulting in another combo.
u could argue that it "resets" the combo counter :p

DarkPage

Noob
I mean I really don't know for sure but I don't think resets are specifically made to e implemented in the game it's just tools being used to maximize effectiveness

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
I would be ok with bullshit damage characters that do 90 percent plus damage. If they balanced the damage with everything else I would abuse it just like I shamelessly used cyrax in MK9. Seriously having everyone do the same bnb damage makes rushdown boring.

Johnny Cage for example had low damage on his bnb's but ended in a retarded reset. Same thing a character could have a reasonably difficult to land move and have it be a touch of death move.

Plus it would be hilarious to be down to your last pixel and land said move.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
You might as well consider DREs a staple of Mortal Kombat since the 3D games lol.

Injustice has them as well, though they seem much more intentional in a lot of cases.

Axel_Redd

i like how so many people are referring to mk9 in past tense already, like they don't even play the game anymore o:

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
I wonder why people think that the JC, Kabal, Sonya, and Scorpion resets are stupid when they are legit mix-ups? I mean heck you still had a chance to guess right and avoid damage. Cyrax, Jax, and Smoke had unblockable exploits. That were never intended to be there. To also say Kof and SF are the only games with resets in ignorant as well. When multiple games have vortex characters who like Akuma from SF rely upon one guessing a Overhead/Low mix-up that puts one back in the same situation.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I wonder why people think that the JC, Kabal, Sonya, and Scorpion resets are stupid when they are legit mix-ups? I mean heck you still had a chance to guess right and avoid damage. Cyrax, Jax, and Smoke had unblockable exploits. That were never intended to be there. To also say Kof and SF are the only games with resets in ignorant as well. When multiple games have vortex characters who like Akuma from SF rely upon one guessing a Overhead/Low mix-up that puts one back in the same situation.
Just want to clarify, Akuma's vortex is nowhere near that simple...it's a bunch of different options in a vacuum that loops if he hits you, not just 2.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
Just want to clarify, Akuma's vortex is nowhere near that simple...it's a bunch of different options in a vacuum that loops if he hits you, not just 2.
Of course cause demon kick is either a throw, an overhead in most editions, or the sliding kick. Akuma can also use sweep after a tatsu to put you into ambiguous crossups with his divekicks, and air tatsu. There are more but I was just relating to the options most characters have to get dmg and reset the situation.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Are you serious guy? Don't get the game fucked up because of those online scrubs that play him only looking to land resets.

Without the resets he still has above average damage, good mixups, and his normals are top 10.

He would still break the top 10 without the resets
Cyrax 12 string is broken the hitbox is incredibly wheird in terms of reaching, not only towards but has inexplicable vertical reach as well.

NeckolasBone

You don't mess with ze Bi Han!
Thoughts of resistance are futile, black santa will strike again undoubtedly, there will be nerfs for the highly used characters at first, and there will be another atrocious character like kabal that will kill dreams down the line.

Justice

Noob
I voted yes simply because these "resets" aren't the easiest things in the world to pull off. The timing is pretty strict and not everyone can do them, add in tourney nerves and you see dropped "resets" all over the place. The thing that should really be removed from MK 10 is "Keepaway Smoke"..... :p

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I feel no, they shouldn't. I can understand why some players I guess want them but they're not necessary, I don't support the following and it'll only help balance the game that MK 10 shouldn't have imo:

-No resets(to me people at times resort to them a little too much) and while some like Rain's may be hard, there are many like Cyrax and Scorpion that anyone can do really that are really easy to do.

-No moves that will allow for infinites or potential infinites(such as Kabal's dash cancel, he doesn't need one) Take UMK3, still a great character yet has no dash cancels...or if they put a cancel in there, just patch it to make sure no block frame trap strings, infinites etc. Just lame imo.

-Preferably no frame trap moves.

Axel_Redd

I feel no, they shouldn't. I can understand why some players I guess want them but they're not necessary, I don't support the following and it'll only help balance the game that MK 10 shouldn't have imo:

-No resets(to me people at times resort to them a little too much) and while some like Rain's may be hard, there are many like Cyrax and Scorpion that anyone can do really that are really easy to do.

-No moves that will allow for infinites or potential infinites(such as Kabal's dash cancel, he doesn't need one) Take UMK3, still a great character yet has no dash cancels...or if they put a cancel in there, just patch it to make sure no block frame trap strings, infinites etc. Just lame imo.

-Preferably no frame trap moves.
tons of games have reset's and frame traps, i think taking them out is stupid. Resets Like JC's Nutpunch is fine hell, even stuff like killer frost is fine. We just don't want garbage like Cyrax, Smoke and Jax guaranteed resets in the game.

jaym7018

Noob
Seeing nearly half the people voting yes gives me very little faith in mk 10. I didnt play mk9 but ive seen these exploits (they arent resets) and it makes me glad i didnt.

they just need to make it how mk9 was dont change shit! but the graphics improve some of the mechanics from the previous one and impove the damn netcode for online and thats it. they dont need to change it to much because people will complain if they do -_-

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I'm sorry, but cheap stuff is fun in a fighting game. Do we really want a game like SS4? I think not. I honestly laughed anytime I got hit by a Cyrax reset or Smoke reset. As long as they keep breakers in the game or clashes, I say put them in the game.

jaym7018

Noob
I'm sorry, but cheap stuff is fun in a fighting game. Do we really want a game like SS4? I think not. I honestly laughed anytime I got hit by a Cyrax reset or Smoke reset. As long as they keep breakers in the game or clashes, I say put them in the game.
Considering MK is dead and street fighter is going strong for over 4 years. Cheap stuff in a fighting game is not fun it kills games. And yes i think people would want a game like sf4 a game that is relatively exploit free very well balanced and a metagame with near endless possibilities no game breaking bugs.