What's new

Should reset kombos be in MK10?

Should reset kombos be in MK10?

• Total voters
If they don't return nrs needs to b sure to really take time and provide balance! Imagine cyrax with no resets in mk9! He would suck! Bad!
I always thought if they took the resets away, gave the projectile buzz saw without meter and made the 33 string a low he might of been ok!
Your sadly mistaken bro. Even without his resets he would still have good damage, and Cyrax has some of the best normal moves overall.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
yeah cyrax can dish out 57% off a jip and one bar midscreen easily. i wouldnt say he would be crap without his resets, he still has insane damage

Yes cuz without the resets a shitty punishable teleport and shit projectiles he'd b great! Especially up against insane zoning or rush downs!

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I think resets should be in MK10, but they should have reduced damage. I fight that ends in 5 seconds isn't really a fight.

Yes cuz without the resets a shitty punishable teleport and shit projectiles he'd b great! Especially up against insane zoning or rush downs!
Are you serious guy? Don't get the game fucked up because of those online scrubs that play him only looking to land resets.

Without the resets he still has above average damage, good mixups, and his normals are top 10.

He would still break the top 10 without the resets

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
yeah cyrax can dish out 57% off a jip and one bar midscreen easily. i wouldnt say he would be crap without his resets, he still has insane damage

Agreed! He'd be far from crap still. With a 60% one-bar BnB, repeatable command grap, D4 trap, anti-air, etc, he definitely does NOT need resets, although they are quite fun to pull off.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I mean, they shouldn't be, but it's not like NRS did it on purpose. The main thing is patching late into the game when all the crazy shit like the Cyrax/Smoke resets are found, but NRS doesn't seem to be into doing that like Capcom.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I'm fine with Cyrax doing 80% BnB's personally. I mean, even with them...he wasn't the best in the game! How messed up were the top 2 characters that Cyrax, with all his dirt (command grab loops, resets, breaker traps, ect...) wasn't the best? Someone has to keep those guys in check. GGA 16 Bit
Chongo beat me to it but.. A robot ninja wrote this comment ;)

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
Are you serious guy? Don't get the game fucked up because of those online scrubs that play him only looking to land resets.

Without the resets he still has above average damage, good mixups, and his normals are top 10.

He would still break the top 10 without the resets
Not to mention command throws that leaves you in a stagger stage lol

Matix218

Get over here!
Even as a smoke main I still have to say "NO!"

Because they are all otg glitches and we're not intended by the designers

Error

DF2+R2
i'm not a fan of reset's , I think there cheap! but one thing I will say about them is that I noticed I would step up my game a bit when fighting a Cyrax player , do NOT get caught in that net bro! lol so I don't think they should be in the game but on the other hand i'm not complaining...i'l just raise my game!...oh and its "Combo's" .
*Combos

D

Deleted member 9158

I'm okay with reset combos, I really am. If it's a tool your character has, then you should use it. But with that being said, I sincerely hope there isn't anything like Cyrax shenanigans or Smoke's EX smoke bomb.

Something like, for example Grundy's B1 standing reset. It's not guaranteed and it's basically a mix up. That's my two cents though.

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
If they don't return nrs needs to b sure to really take time and provide balance! Imagine cyrax with no resets in mk9! He would suck! Bad!
I always thought if they took the resets away, gave the projectile buzz saw without meter and made the 33 string a low he might of been ok!

33 a low... Bad without resets...