What's new

Short Deal points to Spawn as MKX Guest Character

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Can we also not forget that guest characters are cross promotion. People who grew up in the 90s know who Spawn is and many will buy him for nostalgia factor but who's to say there isn't a Spawn project in the works adding to his presence as DLC? It gets the young ones interested in his "irrelevant" self as well.

Reactions: cfw

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
The short deal is putting Spawn in MKX. The long deal is NRS helping to make a new Spawn game. Especially if they're making a remake to the Spawn movie.

ET-KIN

Noob
I'm just going to leave this here... According to a recent report, Predator and Colonel Al Dillon (played by Carl Weathers in the Predator movie series) will appear in Mortal Kombat X via eventhubs

Hehateme

Noob
Can we also not forget that guest characters are cross promotion. People who grew up in the 90s know who Spawn is and many will buy him for nostalgia factor but who's to say there isn't a Spawn project in the works adding to his presence as DLC? It gets the young ones interested in his "irrelevant" self as well.
Well this is pretty much what Todd MaFarlane was talking about in the video.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
http://www.newsarama.com/23173-todd-mcfarlane-announces-new-spawn-writer-his-own-new-project-savior.html

http://comicbook.com/2015/01/16/todd-mcfarlane-shares-an-update-on-the-spawn-animated-series/

He also has talked about a reboot movie...
But yeah you are right definitely not a random nonsense thing..

Bronson

Noob
I think it would work the opposite way around.
@ bronson-actually DC own Vertigo :r:p
Yes but arguably not same world. Though they have assed argued it was part of their 52 universes. I'm sure they would be much more willing to include Saint of Killers, or Arseface in an MK game with fatalities them Batman or someone in Canon DC

Bronson

Noob
Yeah it's pretty obvious from.the video that TM is desperately wanting Spawn to make a comeback and get rebooted. Nothing else really happening at McFarlane camp other than Toys

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I think it would work the opposite way around.

Yes but arguably not same world. Though they have assed argued it was part of their 52 universes. I'm sure they would be much more willing to include Saint of Killers, or Arseface in an MK game with fatalities them Batman or someone in Canon DC
Oh yeah, definitely just pointing out WB owns the rights to both DC/Vertigo properties so I could totally see them do something down the line in games like MK maybe. *they already did in the New 52 adding Vertigo and Wildstorm characters into the DC canon)

Curious though,not the same world obviously but with ownage rights it wouldn't matter in this case or of course with someone else oking rights(like Todd Macfarlane's case with Spawn for example) then with guest characters that's kind of irrelevant you know as far as well continuity at least. For future, Even their DC other books aren't same world ie Watchmen, MK X(now) etc I could see them including one of those mingled with MK possibly.

Just same ownage property so WB could be like "yeah for MK 11 put in V or Rorshacas a guest character" this wouldn't surprise me.

I personally kind of wished MKU, Watchmen and Smallville Universe was apart of the New 52 as those other ???? worlds we've yet to know about I think there's 7 unknown worlds from the multiversity guide if you read that.

I pesonally would love to see also see Riddick in MK, his ruthlessness would fit in perfectly but sadly he's owned by Universal who I believe is owned by Disney or something, so I doubt that would ever happen. Although, Disney did allow WB to make the lego game Marvel Super Heroes so who knows?

khrome

Master of The Universe
Would be so good to watch these two kombat and their character specific intros: Spawn v Predator