What's new

Short Deal points to Spawn as MKX Guest Character

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
hopefully hes not whack like he was in soul calibur 2. AA doesn't even jail and you can duck and punish the second hit wtf is that shit
Tier wise, yeah he was shit, but he was one of the coolest designs. Had some cool soundbytes too. I'd probably still play Spawn on the side if he turns out to be low tier in MKX just because of how much of a badass he is and I know NRS would do him justice in the design field.

Bronson

Noob
I question his inclusion in MKX. Yes, overall Spawn was a cool character, but unlike when he was put in Soul Caliber ,he hasn't been remotely relevant for years. Image in particular havent put out anything worthwhile since the late 90's to early 2000's. As someone who used to love Spawn I'm kinda feeling meh about this. Hell if we are gonna go with comic characters why not John Constantine (non Keannu version), or The Saint of Killers from Preacher?

Bronson

Noob
He would sort of fit the whole MK theme though. He is all dark and shit, while also being the whole protector/lord of Earth thing. If he is in, they should have Angela, The Curse, Clown/Defiler, God, Malbolgia etc as well

Bronson

Noob
I don't consider races such as the Tarkatan and Shokan to be the same as an alien but I can see how you would think that.

I also wasn't trying to be a jerk, I was just curious to how the Predator was the better option canonically to you.

Yes, which is why the argument of Spawn being "irrelevant"/" unknown" to fans today is not a good argument.
He is irrelevant though. Hasnt been really anything relevant coming out of Image for years. And yes many players of MK will recognize the character, but younger generations will have no idea. There are better licenses that could have been used in DC or Vertigo. Hell give me Swamp Thing!

gosoxtim

Noob
He is irrelevant though. Hasnt been really anything relevant coming out of Image for years. And yes many players of MK will recognize the character, but younger generations will have no idea. There are better licenses that could have been used in DC or Vertigo. Hell give me Swamp Thing!
swamp thing if dc alws him to kill people or have him be killed

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
He would sort of fit the whole MK theme though. He is all dark and shit, while also being the whole protector/lord of Earth thing. If he is in, they should have Angela, The Curse, Clown/Defiler, God, Malbolgia etc as well
Marvel owns Angela, so that won't ever happen. Also TOO MANY GUEST CHARACTERS.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
There will be no DC characters in the game. Not even Constantine. The younger crowd didn't know Freddy either so...

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Seriously though, as far as guess characters go it could be so much worse. If it really does end up being Spawn we got lucky. We should all be hoping it's him.
yep ... better Spawn than any other idiot stupid option ..... so, to prevent disapointment, bring on Spawn as one of the DLC guests , and we can live through that, rsrs :D

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I don't get people saying that they don't want him because he's "irrelevant" . You're saying you want a guest character based on how popular they are?

You should want a guest character based on how much of a bad ass they are/how well they fit in with MK, not how "relevant" they are. Fucking Justin Bieber is relevant, but Spawn is a bad ass, forget about who's relevant, for God's sake

Bronson

Noob
swamp thing if dc alws him to kill people or have him be killed
Swamp thing cant really die....He is kinda like the spirit of Earth, And there has been some dark dark swamp thing work. Hell he murders the guy who tried to kill him in his origin story. Cant see why it would be an issue if he performed a fatality.

Bronson

Noob
I don't get people saying that they don't want him because he's "irrelevant" . You're saying you want a guest character based on how popular they are?

You should want a guest character based on how much of a bad ass they are/how well they fit in with MK, not how "relevant" they are. Fucking Justin Bieber is relevant, but Spawn is a bad ass, forget about who's relevant, for God's sake
There are better licensing options. Spawn just feels like a lame fall back. I dont even consider him that badass anymore. Spawn got really meh over time. Which is why he basically became irrelevant.

Bronson

Noob
People are asking if Spawn is even still relevant and I'm just sitting over here with my 6 variant covers for Spawn #250 that just came out this month....

I really want this to happen...
I have not even seen a new Spawn comic in my local comic shop for years. If they are there they dont really show them off. Personally really felt like they were running out of ideas. The Curse of the Spawn was the last good Spawn event and thats mostly because it was different stories

Its cool you are enjoying it though....Not enough people read comics.

I'm actually okay with this. He gets torn to shit all the time and he fights supernatural beings for a living. Men who shoot ice, nercormancer demons, a corpse with legions of souls, gods and hell fire spewing demons seem to be just another day for him.

Still holding out one of the other guests is the Predator. Both work with the variation system as they use different weapons and fighting styles, they don't just stick to one thing and both hunt and fight dangerous things (for different reasons).