What's new

General/Other - Shirai Ryu Shirai Ryu General Discussion Thread

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
It doesn't really matter who I'm using. I just need to understand what Takeda can do. I had no idea what to expect at all.

Actually , it matters a lot. Cause to be honest there's no way I'm going to play Sonya with the same game plan I use against Quan chi.. Really it's like two completely different mind sets and play styles for me.

I mean in that case if you don't wanna say who you are using, Block over heads punish teleport. Be relentlessly aggressive on okis.

Last edited:

Malices' World

LOL!! @.@
How's it going guys, just had a question hopefully get some good feed back. i came across a khan player (war god) i haven't really come across any good ones up until yesterday. Are there strategies i could possibly use against the war god khan that you may know of. Thanks :D

st9rm

viennality.com
How's it going guys, just had a question hopefully get some good feed back. i came across a khan player (war god) i haven't really come across any good ones up until yesterday. Are there strategies i could possibly use against the war god khan that you may know of. Thanks :D
make correct reads & armor through his special's with ex fist flurry ^^

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
So questions... Since kanos ex ball has a hesitation hover , and is cancelable , like takedas Tele , should takedas Tele also have to hits of armor? Don't know how I feel about this as we do have an ex that switches sides but still....armor is kinda. Meh.

Also should parrys be able to work on b21 or any whip move from more than half screen. ? Should it connect as a projectile ? Seems you can't hit it with a normal limb? Example
luikang parry from the farthest reach makes takeda reappear from across the screen in front of Liu kang into the parry animation yet Liu can't hit or trade with b21 with a normal. ...

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
So questions... Since kanos ex ball has a hesitation hover , and is cancelable , like takedas Tele , should takedas Tele also have to hits of armor? Don't know how I feel about this as we do have an ex that switches sides but still....armor is kinda. Meh.

Also should parrys be able to work on b21 or any whip move from more than half screen. ? Should it connect as a projectile ? Seems you can't hit it with a normal limb? Example
luikang parry from the farthest reach makes takeda reappear from across the screen in front of Liu kang into the parry animation yet Liu can't hit or trade with b21 with a normal. ...
Although I agree the armor sucks on the teleport I prefer to play as if it doesn't have armor.. You gain safer tendencies and don't have to complain when your armor fails you. Takeda would be OP as fuck if he had armored tele cancels. Lol!

Also I don't mind that people can parry b21. It seems like in a real fight someone would be able to grab that whip and pull him in to punish if he was carelessly throwing them out. Know what can't be parried?? Kunai and b1. Use those more and they'll be far too scared of the low option to throw out parries at mid screen. THEN you open them up with the OH.

Nortnauq

QUAN CHI FOR DLC
If you're having trouble with NJP combos, be sure to roll your thumb from 2 to 1 for the NJP input. This helped me a lot, and I see no downside in using it.
I've found that this technique does help with NJP's.
Just be careful about accidentally using interactables.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Although I agree the armor sucks on the teleport I prefer to play as if it doesn't have armor.. You gain safer tendencies and don't have to complain when your armor fails you. Takeda would be OP as fuck if he had armored tele cancels. Lol!

Also I don't mind that people can parry b21. It seems like in a real fight someone would be able to grab that whip and pull him in to punish if he was carelessly throwing them out. Know what can't be parried?? Kunai and b1. Use those more and they'll be far too scared of the low option to throw out parries at mid screen. THEN you open them up with the OH.
yeah ..just something i was pondering yest. i played a good kano for about 10 matches and came out pretty even but one thing that surprised me was that on wake up, he held the ex ball for one hit and then blew right past my second hit. since he was off the ground kunai or b3 couldnt really stop him. it really seemed like i had to respect pretty much any wake up every time he had meter AND he kinda had no disregard for me on wake up. And is i was just baiting it out he could cancel it and then be safe. yes it cost a bar but i thinki its very worth it for him to save on damage, i dont think this is something that should be taken away from him. but i wsa just more along the lines of thinking that since our ex tele is kinda similar i honestly wouldnt mind having that extra hit of armor as it really seems takedas has very weak armor.

and about the parry - i dunno.. i feel that a parry from close range would be fine but to parry a whip from 3/4 screen is meh. but wait? why is b1 not parry able but b21 is? so if i b1 l. kangs parry from 3/4 screen you are sayig he cant parry that ? this i did not know. i thought any whip attack would get parried.

i mean if this is the case then why does b1 connect but not b21? or was that supposed to be b3? if it really is b1, then thank you for this tech cause l.kang's
parry and low fireball were zoning me pretty well yest until i started doing idgaf teleports, but even only that lasted so long

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
yeah ..just something i was pondering yest. i played a good kano for about 10 matches and came out pretty even but one thing that surprised me was that on wake up, he held the ex ball for one hit and then blew right past my second hit. since he was off the ground kunai or b3 couldnt really stop him. it really seemed like i had to respect pretty much any wake up every time he had meter AND he kinda had no disregard for me on wake up. And is i was just baiting it out he could cancel it and then be safe. yes it cost a bar but i thinki its very worth it for him to save on damage, i dont think this is something that should be taken away from him. but i wsa just more along the lines of thinking that since our ex tele is kinda similar i honestly wouldnt mind having that extra hit of armor as it really seems takedas has very weak armor.

and about the parry - i dunno.. i feel that a parry from close range would be fine but to parry a whip from 3/4 screen is meh. but wait? why is b1 not parry able but b21 is? so if i b1 l. kangs parry from 3/4 screen you are sayig he cant parry that ? this i did not know. i thought any whip attack would get parried.

i mean if this is the case then why does b1 connect but not b21? or was that supposed to be b3? if it really is b1, then thank you for this tech cause l.kang's
parry and low fireball were zoning me pretty well yest until i started doing idgaf teleports, but even only that lasted so long
I was reading the b1 stuff like hell no! I meant b3. lol! cuz its a low. Sorry man. B1 will most likely get parried.

And I was just kinda talking about how in kung fu films how one guy picks up a chain or whip and starts swinging it around and the other guy catches it and pulls him in for beat down yada yada. Nothing serious just me in my imagination. lol!

Btw I haven't played many kanos who use EX ball and delay it for two hits of armor or one armor on invincibility or whatever you experienced.. That sounds tough though. I think if Takeda had that stuff he'd be number one in the game hands down though.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
'll
I was reading the b1 stuff like hell no! I meant b3. lol! cuz its a low. Sorry man. B1 will most likely get parried.

And I was just kinda talking about how in kung fu films how one guy picks up a chain or whip and starts swinging it around and the other guy catches it and pulls him in for beat down yada yada. Nothing serious just me in my imagination. lol!

Btw I haven't played many kanos who use EX ball and delay it for two hits of armor or one armor on invincibility or whatever you experienced.. That sounds tough though. I think if Takeda had that stuff he'd be number one in the game hands down though.

ahh i get what your saying.. it makes sense.. and yeah giving him two hits of armor prob could put him straight to the top with wakes ups but id be willingly acceptable to to a nerf in any other places.. well really i dont need two hits.. i just need to have one hit that is active.

like for eaxmple

now i know this video is kinda of a staged example but i feel the armor snuffs in this video for me happens 80% of the time but when im playing another character , like as sub or kung lao , getting past this one hit snuff seems like easy peasy. yeah two hits would send him to the top of the food chain but even seems like right now we only have 0..25 hits

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
'll

ahh i get what your saying.. it makes sense.. and yeah giving him two hits of armor prob could put him straight to the top with wakes ups but id be willingly acceptable to to a nerf in any other places.. well really i dont need two hits.. i just need to have one hit that is active.

like for eaxmple

now i know this video is kinda of a staged example but i feel the armor snuffs in this video for me happens 80% of the time but when im playing another character , like as sub or kung lao , getting past this one hit snuff seems like easy peasy. yeah two hits would send him to the top of the food chain but even seems like right now we only have 0..25 hits
Hahaha! I lmaoed at work. Causing a scene over here. Nice video.

If you guys are curious about what the Takeda line in the patch notes are--it's a nerf. Just tested it. My old B21 exBF1 B21 teleport 33 BF1 used to do 38 I think it was. Now it's doing 36.

Raw air spear is doing 10.

haketh

Noob
Ughh.. I'm starting to get convinced they don't even want to bother with takeda just yet
I mean what else does he really need? He's mid tier, probably on the higher end & theirs nothing wrong with that. Plus Lasher has been getting some love & Ronin still needs more play before the jury is fully out.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Personally maybe a few hitbox/hurtbox adjustments. Armor adjustment. I 'll even trade those for more slight damage nerfs - even though I don't think this todays was a nerf as it seems it was more of fixing something that was wrong to begin with from the text.
And your right about ronin but at the same time that's kinda why people aren't really trying to take him farther.

My comment was more of a takeda in general not just for SR.

Or I'd be happy with a hit box /hurtbox detection option like KI has ... Man... If that was available I think it would really help certain things get explained for the whole cast.

If I could see why I got snuffed on certain attacks it would help.