What's new

Shinnok's Sirkle of Terror

I've seen quite a bit of activity on mkak lately (or more than usual) so maybe players are training. i mentioned the tourney to several i didnt recognize. we'll see what happens. wouldnt surprise me if we get a small wave of 5 or 6 during the last week. i don't know what else to tell you. i've noticed Canada is involved. when that happen? wonder who plays there that is here. maybe i just didnt notice it b4 or forgot.

Kaz

Noob
Getting ready! Also you should establish who the host will be in the matches, probably the player picked first unless it's mirror match rules.

Reactions: MKB

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I've seen quite a bit of activity on mkak lately (or more than usual) so maybe players are training. i mentioned the tourney to several i didnt recognize. we'll see what happens. wouldnt surprise me if we get a small wave of 5 or 6 during the last week. i don't know what else to tell you. i've noticed Canada is involved. when that happen? wonder who plays there that is here. maybe i just didnt notice it b4 or forgot.

We might get a few more in the final week before the tournament, but I suspect we're pretty close to the actual number at the moment.

I was thinking that maybe we announced this too early, but, on closer inspection, maybe we've given people plenty of time to decide if they truly want to participate. So maybe it's a good thing.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I was thinking that maybe we announced this too early, but, on closer inspection, maybe we've given people plenty of time to decide if they truly want to participate. So maybe it's a good thing.

Nah, it was announced at the right time by coinciding with the announcement of the next-gen systems. If people still aren't interested in joining this thing for free for a chance to win a brand new next-gen console in which the odds are shifted back to the majority instead of the elite, then there's not much else we can do to increase signups short of giving everyone $50 a piece just to enter. :rolleyes:

Just be thankful for the numbers we have and let's make it the most memorable experience for a classic online tournament that anyone has ever seen.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I suspect there will be a few stragglers that sign up last minute, have faith!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I don't think people are taking into consideration just how crazy this tournament can become. The Shinnok space really sets forth pandemonium. Think about this for a moment. You could be the first person eliminated, but if later on down the road someone else lands on Shinnok and manages to win their match, you stand a chance of being randomly resurrected. Imagine the possibility for a moment, that you could place top 3 WITHOUT EVEN WINNING A SINGLE MATCH.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I don't think people are taking into consideration just how crazy this tournament can become. The Shinnok space really sets forth pandemonium. Think about this for a moment. You could be the first person eliminated, but if later on down the road someone else lands on Shinnok and manages to win their match, you stand a chance of being randomly resurrected. Imagine the possibility for a moment, that you could place top 3 WITHOUT EVEN WINNING A SINGLE MATCH.
It's truly amazing there aren't 100+ entrants. people must feel like the top players are too good, but give me a break. the wheel is going to screw elites over and I'll be out in the first 5 minutes! what other MK2 tournament could you be a total noob and finish better than me?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Sign me up, please!

GT: Karaokelove
Xbox Arcade Kollection

Reactions: MKB

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
So it turns out my 4th grade self was not nearly as good at MKII as I believed at the time. I downloaded the Arcade Collection and after playing the one other person in the world on ranked matches about 20 games, it turns out I have absolutely no idea how to play this fucking game! Serious, this game has combos?! How do I throw, and why can I be thrown out of an uppercut? How the hell do I even get in range to do an uppercut? And going from back-to-block in Injustice to a designated block button is not working out in my favor...

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
So it turns out my 4th grade self was not nearly as good at MKII as I believed at the time. I downloaded the Arcade Collection and after playing the one other person in the world on ranked matches about 20 games, it turns out I have absolutely no idea how to play this fucking game! Serious, this game has combos?! How do I throw, and why can I be thrown out of an uppercut? How the hell do I even get in range to do an uppercut? And going from back-to-block in Injustice to a designated block button is not working out in my favor...
Just remember it's a PS3 tournament :)

To answer your questions, yes of course MK2 has combos. Even slow ass MK1 has combos!
Throwing is just a matter of holding forward (next to your opponent) and hitting low punch.
Uppercut? Just walk next to an opponent and hold down + high punch.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Oh wow, I must have misread the rules. I was thinking the MKAK referred to the xbox version, since "PSN MK2 Release" specified playstation. My bad, and unfortunately I won't be able to participate.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
If you would like a chance at one of these...

one of these...

or perhaps one of these...

then all you need to do is signup in this thread.