What's new

Shinnok's Sirkle of Terror

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah I can really blow this thing up, I had no idea anything like this is going on.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Yeah I can really blow this thing up, I had no idea anything like this is going on.
Sorry Shock. I included Phil in this because I've always known him as the main streaming guy. I didn't realize you were in charge of everything on that site. Would it be possible to make a stream happen?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Sorry Shock. I included Phil in this because I've always known him as the main streaming guy. I didn't realize you were in charge of everything on that site. Would it be possible to make a stream happen?
Oh you don't need my authority to run any kind of stream with Phil, but I would like to know when stuff that doesn't necessarily need my personal attention is going on for KN beforehand so I can at least help promote it. I don't remember talking to Phil about anything like this recently but it might have slipped my mind. I don't look at the boards much and I don't want to be like our president and find out about things "When everybody else does"

I post basically everything on the KN site and maintain it, Tim Static also has access. Phil has access as well but I haven't seen him post anything.

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
Haven't been to the forum in ages, but just wanted to sign in and give props to dci, thuvul and 995 for setting up what will probably go down as the most elaborate online tourney in MK history. The fact that you guys are donating a next gen console to the winner out of your own pockets is pretty frikkin generous (when was the last time midway handed out prizes for playing MKII?). Not just the reward but the amount of time you dudes are spending on this project to keep the MKII scene alive is extremely commendable. It's a shame most of the original group of PS3 players have moved on, but perhaps this tourney will lure back some familiar faces and attract some fresh new talent. Good job to all involved.

I don't have MKAK so I won't be participating but if anyone on my current PSN list needs a sparring partner (via MKII original version) then drop me a msg. I've only played a total of 3 players in the last year so I'm a bit rusty, but I should be able to provide a fun challenge as long as the connection is strong and I'm free to play (usually busy afternoons and latenight though).

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I don't have MKAK so I won't be participating but if anyone on my current PSN list needs a sparring partner (via MKII original version) then drop me a msg. I've only played a total of 3 players in the last year so I'm a bit rusty, but I should be able to provide a fun challenge as long as the connection is strong and I'm free to play (usually busy afternoons and latenight though).
The old version of MK2 lags so bad these days it is unplayable. They seem to have let the server go to shit. Which means unfortunately if you want to play MK2, you HAVE to play on MKAK (which has a laundry list of problems as well).

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Haven't been to the forum in ages, but just wanted to sign in and give props to dci, thuvul and 995 for setting up what will probably go down as the most elaborate online tourney in MK history. The fact that you guys are donating a next gen console to the winner out of your own pockets is pretty frikkin generous (when was the last time midway handed out prizes for playing MKII?). Not just the reward but the amount of time you dudes are spending on this project to keep the MKII scene alive is extremely commendable. It's a shame most of the original group of PS3 players have moved on, but perhaps this tourney will lure back some familiar faces and attract some fresh new talent. Good job to all involved.

Thanks for the props. Good to have you back!

I know you don't have MKAK, but look at it this way... You are basically buying a $10 raffle ticket for a shot at a $400+ system. The way this tournament is setup, virtually all players have a legitimate shot to win. You have always been a skilled MK2 competitor which gives you as good a shot as anyone to win or place top 3.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
The old version of MK2 lags so bad these days it is unplayable. They seem to have let the server go to shit. Which means unfortunately if you want to play MK2, you HAVE to play on MKAK (which has a laundry list of problems as well).

I'm going to allow games to be played on PC via Kaillera as well, but all players still must have MKAK installed by default.

9.95, Kaillera would actually allow for a streamed match... :)

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
MK2 PS3 original version has been fine for me. The times I played online in the last month the connection was nice and smooth.

Thanks for the props. Good to have you back!

I know you don't have MKAK, but look at it this way... You are basically buying a $10 raffle ticket for a shot at a $400+ system. The way this tournament is setup, virtually all players have a legitimate shot to win. You have always been a skilled MK2 competitor which gives you as good a shot as anyone to win or place top 3.
Thanks man. I'm usually tied up on weekends, especially when the fall rolls around my schedule is gonna get ridiculously busy so I'm sure it's less than 1% I'll be able to make it anyway. I'll message some MKers on my list next time I'm on PSN (who haven't already signed up or know about this tourney) to spread the word.

Reactions: MKB

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
MK2 PS3 original version has been fine for me. The times I played online in the last month the connection was nice and smooth.
A lot of my friends have complained about og being unplayable now, and everytime I try, the lag is ridiculous. But we can try to play sometime- what is your ps3 tag?

Believe me, it sucks. I held out for as long as possible, as og is far superior to MKAK. But it got to a point where every person I played was super laggy. Every friend I used to play in real time suddenly was in sloooooow mooootion lag.

Does anyone have an idea for entry records set for an online game event involving prizes? Just curious. Could be any online game.

Also, keep the bums out, keep the cheating "auto fire" players out.

The only person I can think of right off the bat is Culongy, add names of others that are cheating like this. I dont feel like playing raidens who superman 1/16th off the ground, etc....

1. Culongy

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

The only person I can think of right off the bat is Culongy, add names of others that are cheating like this. I dont feel like playing raidens who superman 1/16th off the ground, etc....

1. Culongy

This is debatable, because Culongy is not banned from TYM for any wrong doing. We'll have to think about this and get back to you.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard

1. Culongy
Also it's possible to superman 1/16th off the ground without auto-fire.
The only player that without a doubt uses auto-fire is Mike Girard. But who cares if he plays- he's absolutely screwed if he can't use Raiden or Shang.

Also it's possible to superman 1/16th off the ground without auto-fire.
The only player that without a doubt uses auto-fire is Mike Girard. But who cares if he plays- he's absolutely screwed if he can't use Raiden or Shang.
Yes I know, anythings possible, still not doing it

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Yes I know, anythings possible, still not doing it

You're telling me you would back out of a tournament that is giving you a FREE shot at a brand new next-gen system, all because of a player that uses a tactic that is easily punishable? Not to mention, who's to say if you get matched up that he will be allowed to use Raiden anyway? Think about that for a minute...

This tournament is going to add an element of chance and luck unlike anything that has been done before. Just about ANYTHING is possible and just about ANYONE can win.