What's new

General/Other - Shinnok Shinnok General Discussion Thread

You can now EX Hell sparks on block. When you couldn't before the patch. It is amazing now :D It is also +24 on block and allows for more shinnok pressure. I like to use f22 hell sparks :D
Yeah, that's where I'm confused. I'm still largely ignorant about the mechanics of this game so I don't know what using Ex Hell Sparks on Block does and why it is so amazing.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
What is the significant change in Hell Sparks and what are its consequences? I'm a noob so I don't fully understand what happened.

Also, what is the common opinion of the Necromancer variation after its specific change?
You can now MB one of the Sparks on block the same way you could do it on hit to give you plus frames on block rather than be punished every time you throw out Hell Sparks and it gets blocked. Consequences are we now have a mindgame we can play with the opponent with that, make them scared to try and punish because they could get caught by MB Spark and full combo punished.

Necromancer is still shit. I mean yeah moving the unblockable is a bonus but it's not what Necro revolves around so it doesn't make a hugely significant difference.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Does it do a lot of pushback? Are you guaranteed a F4 string after it in Bone Shaper?
No and no. Hit confirm the f22 string. If they block it just do the f2, if they get it do f22 into combo. You can take this further by doing f22 EXhell sparks on block :D

Yeah, that's where I'm confused. I'm still largely ignorant about the mechanics of this game so I don't know what using Ex Hell Sparks on Block does and why it is so amazing.
It basically means that after someone blocks a MB hell spark for 24/60 of a second he can do nothing but block so you can do another sting, cancel it with MB hell spark and so on for crazy chip damage.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
You can now MB one of the Sparks on block the same way you could do it on hit to give you plus frames on block rather than be punished every time you throw out Hell Sparks and it gets blocked. Consequences are we now have a mindgame we can play with the opponent with that, make them scared to try and punish because they could get caught by MB Spark and full combo punished.

Necromancer is still shit. I mean yeah moving the unblockable is a bonus but it's not what Necro revolves around so it doesn't make a hugely significant difference.
You don't have the patch yet how can you judge if he's still shit?

If you kept bitching about his flick thing not tracking and whiffing on running characters now you can do close fist if you read their run and punish them. That should make them think twice about moving and making the flick whiff so it makes the flick better.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
You don't have the patch yet how can you judge if he's still shit?

If you kept bitching about his flick thing not tracking and whiffing on running characters now you can do close fist if you read their run and punish them. That should make them think twice about moving and making the flick whiff so it makes the flick better.
Complains about me talking about how the patch affects Shinnok without having it, tells me how the patch affects Shinnok without having the patch himself.

Good logical talk man.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Complains about me talking about how Shinnok plays after the patch without having it, tells me how Shinnok plays without having the patch himself.

Good logical talk man.
I also have never played Necromancer and I don't know his moves, so add that to the list.

Ok I found a pretty nice tight block string that does about 30ish% damage in necromancer and like 27ish% in impostor, builds one bar of meter for every 2 you spend, and ends up safe on block:

j2, f22 db2 ex (ex on the 2nd hit), f22 db2 ex, f22 db2 ex, f22 db2 ex, f22 bf2 (or just f2 if in impostor)

Needless to say this is really great after a mimicry when the opponent is in a block-only state. I'm imagining like, whatever combo into mimicry, then 30% more damage if you have the bars heh. But it's probably useful in lots of others too.

Video incoming!

Last edited:

Forr

Variationless Ferra Torr
Ok I found a pretty nice block string that does about 30ish% damage in necromancer and like 27ish in impostor, builds one bar of meter for every 2 you spend, and ends up safe on block:

j2, f22 db2 ex (ex on the 2nd hit), f22 db2 ex, f22 db2 ex, f22 db2 ex, f22 bf2 (or just f2 if in impostor)

Needless to say this is really great after a mimicry when the opponent is in a block-only state. I'm imagining like, whatever combo into mimicry, then 30% more damage if you have the bars heh. But it's probably useful in lots of others too.

Video incoming!
You can do run cancels and get 112 db2ex for more chip damage. When you run out of stamina you do f22.