What's new

Strategy "Shazam!" -- Captain Marvel General Discussion Thread

shinobispectre

Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P
So b2,3 has consistently crossed up for me, if the opponent is crouching in the corner. Provided you are somewhat near the opponent... Very situational I know. So has anyone else used this? How do you convert damage off of it? I go for the 1,1,2 usually and depending on timing it will keep them if the second hit connects or knock them out after the first.

TKB

Noob
So b2,3 has consistently crossed up for me, if the opponent is crouching in the corner. Provided you are somewhat near the opponent... Very situational I know. So has anyone else used this? How do you convert damage off of it? I go for the 1,1,2 usually and depending on timing it will keep them if the second hit connects or knock them out after the first.
Try using b2 into forward mercury storm and then b2 again. Crosses up every time for me :) and it's super tricky with the forward teleport, confuses your opponent. And you can usually convert with his 112 juggle off of it but sometimes it drops.

shinobispectre

Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P
Try using b2 into forward mercury storm and then b2 again. Crosses up every time for me :) and it's super tricky with the forward teleport, confuses your opponent. And you can usually convert with his 112 juggle off of it but sometimes it drops.
Oooo this is new for me. Definitely going to try it out. Forward teleport gets me out of the corner right? Fun stuff.

TKB

Noob
Oooo this is new for me. Definitely going to try it out. Forward teleport gets me out of the corner right? Fun stuff.
If your opponent is in the corner and you b2 into forward mercury storm, it will look like you teleported to the other side of your opponent for a moment but you actually end up on the same side you started from; at this point you're at the perfect distance to do another b2 and it will cross up. :) It works whether they crouch or not.

TKB

Noob
Also, the tricky part is converting off of it for damage; 112 whiffs more often than not but you can actually land a Herculean Might once you hit them with the crossup b2 for a full combo!

Last edited:

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
After a corner Combo. Where you do 112 112 112. End it in AC. Dont MB it. Then Do B2 as fast as you can. It will Cross up. then input HM after the Cross up B2. Then do a combo to put them back in the corner. I do this all the time.

Gobblerr

Noob
What do you guys think about ending combos in AC instead of HM? Yes AC does less damage but it puts you at the perfect distance for an HM on the opponents wakeup.

If you end in HM, you're too far away for another HM so you have to dash forward first which will make the opponent want to do more wakeup attacks rather than sit there.

What do you guys think?

TKB

Noob
What do you guys think about ending combos in AC instead of HM? Yes AC does less damage but it puts you at the perfect distance for an HM on the opponents wakeup.

If you end in HM, you're too far away for another HM so you have to dash forward first which will make the opponent want to do more wakeup attacks rather than sit there.

What do you guys think?
You will almost always want to end in AC if possible. What you're describing is shazams vortex. Only end in HM if you want maximum damage(like at the end of a match). Just be careful because although you can whiff a lot of wakeups using this setup, many other wakeups will blow you the fuck up. Eventually you will train your opponent to wake up any time they see AC. Try to read your opponent and bait their wakeup when possible instead of always going for HM after AC.

Gobblerr

Noob
Of course I'm not going to go for HM every time lol. So end in AC if I have no meter or for closing out rounds. Got it.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Hehe. You actually may be able to Do teleport to MMH Teleport on Reaction. Still need to test it. But if he does the low one it may hit you still :(. Also he does know he can back dash after OH teleport to not get hit with HM or duck. Lmao The mix ups are real