What's new

SCR Hype: GGA 16Bit (Catwoman) vs EGP NubCakes (THE Batman)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Things are hype because it's easier to get away with shit and lots of characters have BS.. I don't think the level of play has reached what it was in MK9 by this time because this game is more match up based.
I think there are a couple of other major factors that contributed.

1) The opening up of the scene to include a lot more players from other communities. You can't slack on footsies if you're going to have to play Rico Suave (or the Day 1 Chris G) in Top 8.

2) The community buildup carrying over from MK9. I think a lot of people didn't start from scratch; they already had communities to train with, and they'd made themselves into higher level players already. So it's much harder for 1-2 players to dominate the game at this point than it was in Feb. 2012 for MK9.

3) Bigger audiences/exposure for most tournaments (except of course, MLG).

All of those things helped give the game a head start.

Not to distract from the topic of the thread through -- I'm really hype for SCR :)

And.. @Krayzie has me scared now, hehe

1) The opening up of the scene to include a lot more players from other communities. You can't slack on footsies if you're going to have to play Rico Suave (or the Day 1 Chris G) in Top 8.

2) The community buildup carrying over from MK9. I think a lot of people didn't start from scratch; they already had communities to train with, and they'd made themselves into higher level players already. So it's much harder for 1-2 players to dominate the game at this point than it was in Feb. 2012 for MK9.

Not to distract from the topic of the thread through -- I'm really hype for SCR :)
tbh, if mk9 had frame data from the jump, that game would've turned out so differently. Good thing this game started out with it, helped up the play from the jump.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

Definitely agree with this. Except 1.. Some characters don't really play footsies at all. Not even by Injustice standards.