What's new

SCR Hype: GGA 16Bit (Catwoman) vs EGP NubCakes (THE Batman)

Krayzie

Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged!
I haven't seen quality competitive tension in the NRS Community since MK9. In light of these events, I propose a FT5 between GGA's Burglar, and EGP's Dark Knight.

Reason? Because its hype, that's why... Also because there will be side bets, I'm sure... DMS & Cash have to lose/win money somehow. This is just my idea for a main event in the salty suit! Nothing is confirmed, I just want to get the ball rolling and people talking.

Here's another idea I have. This one involves @EGP Wonder_Chef leading a team of "Meta" of his choosing against GGA, assuming enough GGA players show up, if any.

And lastly before I post the video that will get you guys screaming for side bets at SCR... If you are prepared to miss SCR, then you're a damn fool! This tournament is looking amazing. The hype, the players, the meta? haha

https://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=z53LyB826C8#t=8m

@EGP Wonder_Chef
@GGA 16 Bit
@TenZeRo7
@KingHippo
@GGA HAN
@GGA Slips
@Cash
@CaliPower
@STORMS

Last edited:

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Didn't 16 Bit say he's not going to SCR?

Yes. I'm not 100% deconfirmed yet but unless something comes up, like I actually get paid for VXG, I just can't afford a plane ticket right now. It seems unlikely anyone from GGA will go.

I'm emo guys. SCR is a great tournament and the hype is through the roof. This sucks. :(

Krayzie

Yes. I'm not 100% deconfirmed yet but unless something comes up, like I actually get paid for VXG, I just can't afford a plane ticket right now. It seems unlikely anyone from GGA will go.

I'm emo guys. SCR is a great tournament and the hype is through the roof. This sucks. :(
You guys should start some sort of donation drive to get one GGA player out to SoCal for SCR. Winner of a certain GAA week gets to go or something of the sort.

Just brainstormig...

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight

Have they actually said WHEN the MK guys were going to get their money yet? This is insane.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
there's been some, but nothing on the level of MLG Anaheim and etc. in the good ol mk days, but this game is young, I'm sure something will pop up.
Imo the hype so far and level of play/competition has exceeded what we saw in MK9 from April 2011-Feb 8th 2012.

Imo the hype so far and level of play/competition has exceeded what we saw in MK9 from April 2011-Feb 8th 2012.
hmm, I could give you that, the pools are just dumb hard for each tournament now and we've had a good amount of hype. But we can thank the patch for that, or IGAU would be zzzzzz lol :p.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Things are hype because it's easier to get away with shit and lots of characters have BS.. I don't think the level of play has reached what it was in MK9 by this time because this game is more match up based.

Krayzie

Things are hype because it's easier to get away with shit and lots of characters have BS.. I don't think the level of play has reached what it was in MK9 by this time because this game is more match up based.
Nailed it.

Either that or it will be a Martian teleport Bonanza -- only time will tell :D
You have no idea how accurate you are.

@Red Reaper @EGP Wonder_Chef and @EMPEROR_THEO know what I'm talking about. But we will have to wait for SCR. :)