What's new

SCR Announcement: WARNING MAY BE TOO HYPE FOR CHILDREN AND PREGNANT WOMEN

Lilith

Baebality
This is gonna be so hype, the pop offs are going to be legendary. Please someone film this as well as stream like multiple angles. I want to hitch hike to Cali right now to see this ;_;

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
@coolwhip you are kind of an idiot

Yes I play a lot of characters, but do you really think I have 9 high level tournament characters at any given time?

The max amount of characters I've ever played at one tournament is like four.

Yeah Forever King and MIT play a bunch of characters too, but making them use NINE against someone's main would be a disadvantage even for them.

If you think that I really am tournament winning level with 9 different characters, then thank you, because that's a really nice compliment, but it isn't true.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
As far as running the gauntlet of all the WC players, isn't that what the tournament is for?

This was more about WChef personally saying he'd beat 16 Bit free and that GGA's lack of top level top-tier players meant he didn't know what he was talking about and would be getting a wake up call on the West Coast.

You can bring in however many players you want, but if you call somebody free and tell them you'd personally body them, it's not going to be settled until you sit down and play a 1 on 1 set, mano a mano.

No option selects, no being covered by teammates, just backing up words.

Last edited:

EGP Wonder_Chef

As far as running the guantlet of all the WC players, isn't that what the tournament is for?

This was more about WChef personally saying he'd beat 16 Bit free and that GGA's lack of top level players meant they'd be getting a wake up call on the West Coast.

You can bring in however many players you want, but if you call somebody free and tell them you'd personally body them, it's not going to be settled until you sit down and play a 1 on 1 set, mano a mano.

No option selects, no being covered by teammates, just backing up words.
well the idea is that he's challenging the whole "complete meta" thing by making me play a bunch of characters so we were saying that there is a better way to do that

also are you really saying that me saying that having to use 9 characters is a disadvantage is an excuse... -_-

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
well the idea is that he's challenging the whole "complete meta" thing by making me play a bunch of characters so we were saying that there is a better way to do that

also are you really saying that me saying that having to use 9 characters is a disadvantage is an excuse... -_-
Yeah, I know what you mean -- but that's not what I was trying to say. It just seemed like there are 2 things going on here:

-Your personal callout that you'd body Bit
-The general statement that GGA as a whole wouldn't be ready for the WC top-tier meta

So the second one will probably be proven/disproven in the tournament itself. But the 1st one is begging for a 1v1 set. And yeah, if you don't agree to the 9 characters, it'd be great for it to happen on terms you think are more fair.

EGP Wonder_Chef

-The general statement that GGA as a whole wouldn't be ready for the WC top-tier meta
To be clear, I never ever ever said that.

Maybe if you listened to my podcasts you would know that I mentioned a bunch of times that I wasn't saying anything about if they were ready for the characters or not, but was talking about results at their locals and such.

But apparently you never listened and you are talking out of your ass as usual. No surprise there.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Those guys aren't talking though. Theo and Slayer aren't blowing me up calling me free. I want to play them for fun and experience but there's no feud there. I like the rest of the WNF crew, despite what you think. I made that challenge because it covers both our personal issue and the complete meta. If people prefer that format and you don't think mine is fair I'm down though.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Those guys aren't talking though. Theo and Slayer aren't blowing me up calling me free. I want to play them for fun and experience but there's no feud there. I like the rest of the WNF crew, despite what you think. I made that challenge because it covers both our personal issue and the complete meta. If people prefer that format and you don't think mine is fair I'm down though.
I'm still fine with the original challenge because it's interesting and I think it should be fun.

I mean separately though.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Maybe if you listened to my podcasts you would know that I mentioned a bunch of times that I wasn't saying anything about if they were ready for the characters or not, but was talking about results at their locals and such.

But apparently you never listened and you are talking out of your ass as usual. No surprise there.
Except I did -- and read the tweets too. And you made it clear that you thought GGA's "smack talk" was invalidated by the fact that there weren't good top-tier players at their locals. This is after 16 bit has stated a few times that what he says is based on the fact that the same players have been doing fine at majors and regionals, not just locals.

So to backpedal now and say that this is only about locals and has nothing to do with whether GGA can handle better top-tier players in general is pretty misleading.

You said "their meta is messed up" and "no one uses the hard counters for their characters", implying that you know something they don't and the people you play with/against have hard counters that will change their results.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Even if I don't like him, I have 1000x more respect for 16 Bit than for these pussy piece of shit fake ass"community engineers" like Crimson and DMS.

At least 16 Bit goes and plays the game to prove himself before he says shit, these other guys barely play the fucking game and still act all high and mighty like their opinion is the end all because they've helped the community out with money a few times, then if anybody challenges them they use the most COWARDLY PUSSY option select of all time by saying they suck so it doesn't matter.

So fucking annoying. It feels so much better to have an opponent like 16 Bit who will actually fight you than one that's just going to cower like a little bitch.
Last time I checked, I've never refused to play you. We actually did play -- even though our connection sucked because we're about as far apart as you can get in the continental US.

I've never turned down a match or a challenge -- so why are you lumping me into your situation with DMS?

Sounds like "Typical Wonder Chef BS", haha.

Last edited:

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Even if I don't like him, I have 1000x more respect for 16 Bit than for these pussy piece of shit fake ass"community engineers" like Crimson and DMS.

At least 16 Bit goes and plays the game to prove himself before he says shit, these other guys barely play the fucking game and still act all high and mighty like their opinion is the end all because they've helped the community out with money a few times, then if anybody challenges them they use the most COWARDLY PUSSY option select of all time by saying they suck so it doesn't matter.

So fucking annoying. It feels so much better to have an opponent like 16 Bit who will actually fight you than one that's just going to cower like a little bitch.

this banter back and forth is silly...

You said you would beat 16 Bit "free".. The evidence can't be denied...

and on the flip side 16 Bit popped off on you directly just recently... Both of you are on the hook...

You have to now beat 16 Bit for free or just beat him... The format is stupid.... You and him do a ft10 or whatever and whoever comes out on top wins...Dont bring any teammates into your battle... That can happen but must be considered a separate occurrence.

/

EGP Wonder_Chef

this banter back and forth is silly...

You said you would beat 16 Bit "free".. The evidence can't be denied...

and on the flip side 16 Bit popped off on you directly just recently... Both of you are on the hook...

You have to now beat 16 Bit for free or just beat him... The format is stupid.... You and him do a ft10 or whatever and whoever comes out on top wins...Dont bring any teammates into your battle... That can happen but must be considered a separate occurrence.

/
I suggested that team thing be a separate thing

coolwhip

Noob
@coolwhip you are kind of an idiot

Yes I play a lot of characters, but do you really think I have 9 high level tournament characters at any given time?

The max amount of characters I've ever played at one tournament is like four.

Yeah Forever King and MIT play a bunch of characters too, but making them use NINE against someone's main would be a disadvantage even for them.

If you think that I really am tournament winning level with 9 different characters, then thank you, because that's a really nice compliment, but it isn't true.
Thanks for the kind words, I'll keep that in mind next time I think Aquaman is a safe character.

Anyway, I think the stakes should be changed, not sure how that makes me an idiot.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to watching it.

Last edited:

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Oh please, we all know there's no real rivalry and or hype. You guys will have all this pent up rage and words you would like to exchange NOW but when you meet in person and see each other face to face...

Calling it right now, both parties will run away from each other and seek refuge at the cheese cake factory.
You must not know Chef at all.. Let's just say, there's a reason he got punched at EVO 2012...

TWISTED_ANIMALITY

PSN: EMPEROR_TWISTED
Just do wonder chef useing whomever he pleases vs 16 bit
and play a regular tournament.. if 16 bit or PPJ wins or comes close to winning WNF that night... well GGAs lack of full meta means what now? :DOGE

EGP Wonder_Chef

Thanks for the kind words, I'll keep that in mind next time I think Aquaman is a safe character.

Anyway, I think the stakes should be changed, not sure how that makes me an idiot.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to watching it.
lol okay try and blow me up for showing how to punish stuff

yes I am a scrub because I made really good informational videos, sorry about that