What's new

Sarah Michelle Gellar reportedly declined a role in Mortal Kombat

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Just buy the character from the parent company and get a sound alike voice actor. People like CHARACTERS not actors. No one gives a shit about actors. Make her be Buffy, look different and get a new actor. Like James Bond.
This could work in some cases but in most, it absolutely would not. Omni-Man voiced by anyone other than JK Simmons would be dogshit, and that's just one example.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
You don’t have to do anything you don’t want to do for whatever reasons you choose (when it comes to stuff like this I mean). But it must be nice being so rich that you can turn down offers from WB/NRS where you’d have to do very minimal work, put in almost no effort (see Megan Fox), and get an easy paycheck. Honestly, all they’re essentially paying you for is your NIL. Again, Megan Fox and Ronda have shown/proven that.
What’s crazy to me is Tricia Helfer’s performance in MKX. She’s a big name science fiction actress (who’s also very attractive) & she’s the best VA we ever had for Sonya & one of the best female VAs Mortal Kombat ever had along with Karen Strassman & Mara Junot.

To me, Ronda wasn’t Megan Fox horrible but still pretty flat performance which is funny to me as one is a professional athlete & the other is an actual actress.

josephf5

Noob
I bet they originally wanted her to play Nitara before they went with Megan Fox. Probably for the irony of having someone known for playing a vampire slayer play a vampire.

I don’t think they wanted her to play Buffy, because, if that were the case, they would’ve still added Buffy and just got a different voice actress, like they did with Homelander.