What's new

Sam Wilson (falcon) will be captain america

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
I dont read up much on Marvel NOW's adventures but i can dig this. And we all know its only temporary anyways. Aslong as they dont run this trend into the ground, its whatever.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
Agreed. I actually have been slacking on my comics recently and I need to look up what happened since Peter got control again.

I have to say, every time life has gotten good for Peter, they pulled some sort of giant reset button, but this may have been the most organic and well executed retcon he's ever had.
Also yeah Doc put in work as Spidey, and I love just how differently he approached the job.
That midget chick who's name is escaping me at the moment was a really good character too.

I think the only parts of that entire series that I didn't like were "The Snoz" or whatever he called his teacher and that whole plagiarism thing, both of which felt shoehorned into the storyline just to give him a somewhat forced emotional conflict in the last few comics of the series.
Doc Ock was honestly a better Spider-Man. He was too nice, until the Goblins came. And you know you needed that stupid Peter Parker dumb luck.
Nothing honestly has happened since Peter came back, it's just building up right now. I'm more interested in Spiderman 2099 and Superior Spiderman #32

Her name is Anna Maria, and I honestly love her.

The Great One

"I Always d1 Lif-" SHUT UP
I am talking about comics/comic fandom in general. It's getting annoying. People will complain about anything now a days and it gets annoying. First people complain about stories being the same, and characters not changing. Then when change actually happens, they start bitching a fit. It's ridiculous how self entitled comics fans are now a days. I know I sounded like a dick. But I have been annoyed by this for days. Especially when the new Thor was announced and people were bitching a fit. Most of them don't even read comics. The fuck are you complaining for? The worst part is that they actually start judging this because the title is even dropped. Give it a chance first, you might actually like it.

And I detest Steve Rogers with a passion. Ever since AVX I've hated him with a passion.
I see where you're coming from but really instead of absolutely crushing people that might not read comics you should maybe guide them? If they say they're pissed at Thor being female just exsplain to them that "fuck you here's my opinion" attack their opinion not their right to have one?

Anyways what's wrong with Steve? If you say its cause the phenoix 5 were benifitng the world you must not have watched a single movie where the badguy is "doing the right thing"

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
I see where you're coming from but really instead of absolutely crushing people that might not read comics you should maybe guide them? If they say they're pissed at Thor being female just exsplain to them that "fuck you here's my opinion" attack their opinion not their right to have one?

Anyways what's wrong with Steve? If you say its cause the phenoix 5 were benifitng the world you must not have watched a single movie where the badguy is "doing the right thing"
Some people can't be guided. Happened with Superior Spiderman and Ultimate Spiderman.

He basically started the whole war. Why would he go to Utopia, and demand that Cyclops give them Hope? Not like he asked, and went diplomatically. No came with a shit ton of Superheroes, to the wrong people. Why? Because the Phoenix was coming. An entity that they have never dealt with before, but the X-Men have multiple times, and trained Hope to be it's vessel for years. Not like it was going to destroy Earth. The planet it went it, it was looking for a suitable host, and when it didn't find one, it destroyed it and kept it moving.

And yes the Phoenix Force 5 did good. They basically created world peace. But the Avengers kept attacking them and their students. That's what got them pissed, and that's what lead to the war. The only reason why they went Dark Phoenix, was because of the Avengers. Every time an Avatar of the Phoenix went Dark Phoenix was because of a third party interference. Hell Rachel Summers who is there on Utopia is a living example of that, and she was an avatar of the Phoenix for years, and never became Dark Phoenix. When Reed Richards the smarted man alive tells you that what they are doing isn't bad, and attacking them constantly is like poking a bear with a stick. You listen and back the fuck off.

And his smug speech to Cyclops at the end was just annoying. You played Russian roulette with the world. Yeah he did, to save his species that no one give a fuck about. Why wouldn't he gamble like that when there are less than 180 mutants alive.

And then here's the kicker. In Uncanny X-Men. He's telling Cyclops that mutants aren't treated unequally like Cyclops said, and Cyclops is wrong for defending his kind, when they are attacked and shot at for no reason.

Don't get me started on his bitchassness in New Avengers

Colares

Noob
It's cool that the only people complaining are the ones that don't read comics.
The old Thor still lives he has an axe and that's all we know.
Steve Rogers serum isn't working and he got old
Wolverine is dying for real too
Nick fury is going to happen some things to him on Original Sin.
There's a young Cyclops playing Pirate on space
Jubilee is a vampire and has a child
Hope and Cable are dying.
The Guardians split up.

In less than a year a big event will change everything this is just the tip.

EDIT:The first Captain America was black also.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Doc Ock was honestly a better Spider-Man. He was too nice, until the Goblins came. And you know you needed that stupid Peter Parker dumb luck.
Nothing honestly has happened since Peter came back, it's just building up right now. I'm more interested in Spiderman 2099 and Superior Spiderman #32

Her name is Anna Maria, and I honestly love her.
I'm not a fan of Spiderman 2099 actually. Pretty much the only iteration of Spiderman I can't seem to care about.

Also I disagree about the AvX thing. I mean both sides were fucking up a lot in that story arc.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
I'm not a fan of Spiderman 2099 actually. Pretty much the only iteration of Spiderman I can't seem to care about.

Also I disagree about the AvX thing. I mean both sides were fucking up a lot in that story arc.
Avengers started the fuck up by coming at them the wrong way in the beginning.

The new 2099 book is good so far

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
It's cool that the only people complaining are the ones that don't read comics.
The old Thor still lives he has an axe and that's all we know.
Steve Rogers serum isn't working and he got old
Wolverine is dying for real too
Nick fury is going to happen some things to him on Original Sin.
There's a young Cyclops playing Pirate on space
Jubilee is a vampire and has a child
Hope and Cable are dying.
The Guardians split up.

In less than a year a big event will change everything this is just the tip.

EDIT:The first Captain America was black also.
What's wrong with Cyclops staying with his pappy. He deserves this.
Jubilee being a vampire is old news

Fromundaman

I write too much.

While that's true, the X-men also made it incredibly clear from the beginning that they were not interested in negotiating or even allowing Hope to be properly trained by anyone but themselves (And in the end Iron Fist and Spiderman were the ones who helped her learn what she needed to know to control it, and Scarlet Witch who had to help her banish it) with a force that could put every living thing in danger and has destroyed planets almost every time it has appeared.

Fromundaman

I write too much.

While that's true, the X-men also made it incredibly clear from the beginning that they were not interested in negotiating or even allowing Hope to be properly trained by anyone but themselves (And in the end Iron Fist and Spiderman were the ones who helped her learn what she needed to know to control it, and Scarlet Witch who had to help her banish it) with a force that could put every living thing in danger and has destroyed planets almost every time it has appeared.

biggabarr

chilling
No, I'm not racist. It's just that it would be ok if they make a new variation of Captain America being black, but they are going to change the character completely, the Captain America we know will change and i don't like that.
mk x will change and you'll still play it.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
Cable told Cyclops earlier to not trust the Avengers. So wouldn't he trust his own son? And if the Avengers really wanted to help they wouldn't have came to them with a gang of Superheroes demanding Hope from Cyclops. Of course he wouldn't have any intention of agreeing with the Avengers. Who would. When your whole species is at risk. Why would the comply with the Avengers when they never gave a damn about them. The whole K'un Lun crap was complete and utter bullshit by Bendis trying to change X-Men mythos in order to fit with the story. Hope being trained by then X-Men was the best choice, because they dealt with the Phoenix before. Phoenix would have destroyed Earth it didn't find a suitable host, and Hope was that host. The only time a phoenix avatar aka Jean went Dark Phoenix was because of an outside force acting upon her. If Mastermind did not fuck with her mind, she would have been good. Rachel never went Dark Phoenix, and she was it's avatar for years.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I'm confused. Is this a retcon situation or someone elese donning the Capt. America uniform / moniker while Steve Rodgers goes on vacation?
Because someone else stepping up as Cap is no big deal. It's comics people this kind of thing happens all the time.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
To be honest my favorite hero in the marvel universe is Nova. Wait he's white? Swoops guess I'm racist
Richard Rider. Because that man is going to show up in Nova 20. We're gonna find out what happened after Thanos Imperative. Finally they start to talk about him again. But I have to admit Sam Alexander is getting higher and higher on my list.

The Great One

"I Always d1 Lif-" SHUT UP
Richard Rider. Because that man is going to show up in Nova 20. We're gonna find out what happened after Thanos Imperative. Finally they start to talk about him again. But I have to admit Sam Alexander is getting higher and higher on my list.
I don't understand why people don't like him. He's so badass and his personality is awesome. tbh I'm a little confused about his powers. But if people like the greenlantern corps they shouldlike the novacorps. It's just a little bit weaker...with fewer members and a littl disorganixed

And didn't Sam survive a clash with the pheonix? Isn't that by itself a godly feat? I also remembered him being super important to beating the pheonix. He like flew from outerspace and tackled it

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
I don't understand why people don't like him. He's so badass and his personality is awesome. tbh I'm a little confused about his powers. But if people like the greenlantern corps they shouldlike the novacorps. It's just a little bit weaker...win fewer
I love Nova. I feel he was one of Marvels best superheroes, and he was highly underrated as well.
Novacorps are well. Damn that's a sad story seeing as how they are all dead except 1.