What's new

Rumor/Possible Spoilers: Mortal Kombat X Speculation General Discussion

Leak might be real?

• Totally!

• No, it's fake!

• Doubtful...

• I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Honestly cant wait for Johnny,Sonya and Jax gameplay so all the "they cant be in, they play exactly like Cassie and Jacqui" people can finally shut up.

This argument for them not being playable is by far the dumbest i read every day.
I dont get it either...Jaqui has FREAKIN flamethrowers/rocket launchers on her wrists. How is that going to play like Jax? Cassie and Sonya??? People forget Sonya didn't have all of her moves in MK9 they can change it up create new moves for MKX. Everyone should relax, i get that people are bummed about their Mains not in the game. Trust me, Im the biggest Baraka, Kabal and Nightwolf fan and there is no sign of them in MKX. NRS has made me want to actually try out freakin Kano and Quan Chi, something Ive never even thought of doing. They got dis.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Maybe people are mad because all of this "family" business is leading to a roster that's missing classic characters in favor of including characters who already have a playable homage in the game.

Maybe it has less to do with gameplay, and more to do with people seeing their favorites get the shaft. My mains are in, so I'm good to go, but I feel like some of you go straight to the gameplay aspect without realizing the other factors of why people are feeling disappointment.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Please explain how this is a "poor" roster. And keep in mind each variation is essentially its own character.

This is the most varied and vast roster of any Mortal Kombat game of ALL TIME. Everyone needs to fucking stop bitching because a few characters are related. Jesus Christ. I can't believe you would even mention Deadly Alliance's roster in the same sentence as MKX. The new characters in MKX are fucking incredible. EVERY SINGLE NEW CHARACTER FROM THE 3D ERA (I don't include MK4 in that or Kenshi, because he is actually cool) WAS ABSOLUTE SHIT.

I've never seen people complain more than I have on TYM over the past few weeks.
Wakeup its an opinion you and everyone else who liked your post is not obligated to agree with. If you're enraged because opinions differ, LOL, i will stop talking now.

And now Every character from MK3D era except Kenshi was absolute shit LOL Every MK 3D game was absolute shit, but it doesn't mean they didn't had interesting characters. This is NRS they've com a long way, and their new gameplay concept can make ANY character awesome ANY. I will pretend i didn't read this: "EVERY SINGLE NEW CHARACTER FROM THE 3D ERA (I don't include MK4 in that or Kenshi, because he is actually cool) WAS ABSOLUTE SHIT."

LOL so you're saying half of the people that said John Tobias made the best characters for Mortal Kombat are right? I really don't think so.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Jax:
- Grappler master
- Rocket powerman
- Sambo martial artist

Jhonny:
- Green Orb enhanced mode
- Van Damme style
- Hollywood ala Cassie.

Sonya:
- Power ring
- Legs (like Sarah in VF or Nina in Tekken)
- Brawler ala Cassie.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
How bout one can be called Hollywood, one can be Brawler..oh wait...nvm
D'aw, oh you guys...! Lol.

Johnny Cage has a lot of potential for three variations.

Universal Moves
ForceBalls (High and Low)
Shadow Elbow (His "Shoryuken")
Shadow Kick
Nut Punch

The Cage
: Johnny Cage as we know him. Rushdown style, with his juggles that lead into Nut Punch to keep them standing.

Earthrealm Champion: His training in the realm of order, Seido, allows him to augment his force abilities, giving him greater control over his force balls. He gains access to aerial forceballs, and a ground forceball (Like Kabal's saw throw).

Showtime: With his martial arts training, and flair for a good show, Johnny Cage is able to use weapons such as the bo staff and the Nunchaku. His moveset has been modified to include these assets for his fighting.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Maybe people are mad because all of this "family" business is leading to a roster that's missing classic characters in favor of including characters who already have a playable homage in the game.

Maybe it has less to do with gameplay, and more to do with people seeing their favorites get the shaft. My mains are in, so I'm good to go, but I feel like some of you go straight to the gameplay aspect without realizing the other factors of why people are feeling disappointment.
EXACTLY BRO! They think the reason we are mad is because we think they'll play too similar. That's not it at all. I have a fucking imagination, I know they'll play completely different, that's not the point. I just feel like those character slots could've been used for other characters that haven't had a chance to shine in like 10+ years.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
lets do this, especailly for jax/johnny/sonya

jax:

universal moves:
- dash punch
- gotcha grab
- sonic wave
- ground pound

Var. 1: sledgehammer
Jax uses his metal arms as main weapon. he gets extended strings with popups and rushdown capabilities

Var. 2: Gotcha
Jax becomes a grappler.
additional moves:
- air throw
- Multi slam
- MB gotcha grab
- command throw

Var. 3: walking military base
jax becomes a zoning character
he gets his mk 3 rockets back (can fire one + a delayed one in different heights), also in air

i have no clue about Johnny and sonya yet, maybe you guys have something
No offense but these variation names make me want to throw up.

Jordy

Noob
WE r complaining about Jax Sonya and Johnny because they have pissed off! cmon they r in the game since the first mk they are BOOORING! we dont give a FUCKIN SHIT about them, they are boring characters from earthrealm. they should focus and develop different kind of chars like noob saibot/ fujin. they cant put all the boring humans at least they didnt let Kai Kobra and Darrius be part of the roster! I had enough of them!

REYTHEGREAT

I really hope that this doesnt turn out to be MKX-Family Fued
Cassie & Johnny
Jacqui & Jax
Kenshi & Tekada
Kung Lao & Kung Jin

BRUH

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
I really hope its like Jax retired from special forces and he's working on his car from the intro of Special Forces in that garage and Sonya and Johnny walk in there all Gone in 60 Seconds like Jax, we need you, there's a situation in Outworld. And he's like, I told you, I'm done with the life. And Sonya's like Cassie and Jacqui are going Jax, they still believe in the cause. And he's like, she can make her own decisions, she grown. And then johnny's like, never pegged you for a quitter, Jax. And then he accidentally crushes like a muffler or something in his robot arms and is like, just get the hell out of here. And then later on he has a black guy thinking montage that ends with him running a robot finger down the side of a picture of him teaching Jacqui how to use her robot arms. But then way later in that plot, when she's like, I dunno about you guys but I'm living the dream and Kotal and hisdudes are closing in, Jax just like busts out of the forest in the car all tuned up and just like mows down kotal's troops and then jumps out and is like, Bring it, and then Kotal just nods and is like; "Respect."

I'm sorry but I just had to.... LMAAAAOOOOO. I could totally see this playing out almost verbatim. He names his "Car Shop" business LK-4D4 out of respect for his black brother.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Everyone is welcome to feel how they feel. However, you posters keep hollering about the Special Forces young'ns being the 'same' characters as their parents/predecessors, *sigh*. If you read the comics, or idk, LOOKED AT THE FUCKING GAME, you'd realize these characters only share genetics and a job. Get some fucking imagination for once. Im sick of hearing this shit. It's the same constant, rampant negativity over and over again, it goes nowhere.

As I type this, I just say nevermind, I'm on indefinite leave from this place. I think people tend to care less (or at all) when theyre just lurking. Enjoy Liu Kang once he's announced.
Exactly my thoughts. You give a character the same last name and everyone freaks the fuck out. You'd think NRS was shitting out palette swaps. It's unreal.

Everyone crying about the roster can fuck off because you'll all be eating crow when you finally see how different everyone is.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Wakeup its an opinion you and everyone else who liked your post is not obligated to agree with. If you're enraged because opinions differ, LOL, i will stop talking now.

And now Every character from MK3D era except Kenshi was absolute shit LOL Every MK 3D game was absolute shit, but it doesn't mean they didn't had interesting characters. This is NRS they've com a long way, and their new gameplay concept can make ANY character awesome ANY. I will pretend i didn't read this: "EVERY SINGLE NEW CHARACTER FROM THE 3D ERA (I don't include MK4 in that or Kenshi, because he is actually cool) WAS ABSOLUTE SHIT."

LOL so you're saying half of the people that said John Tobias made the best characters for Mortal Kombat are right? I really don't think so.
But.....John Tobias DID make the best MK characters. I don't know how that's even an argument.

I doubt there's more than 7 people on the planet that give a shit about Jataaka, Sareena and Kia. Let's be serious here. You seem to want all 3 in MKX. Now THAT would be a great start to a shit roster, in my opinion.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Some of you want characters from a embarrassing time for MK. How about we avoid falling into the dark ages again. Also, who is to say the new blood is SF? Have you played story mode yet? They could very well land on the other side of the fence. Where is Kung Lao and the others? Its not like youll be playing as the Cage/Briggs family only during story. Hell, most of us will only play story once before dissecting the game.

#dealwithit2015

nugava

Noob
Everyone is welcome to feel how they feel. However, you posters keep hollering about the Special Forces young'ns being the 'same' characters as their parents/predecessors, *sigh*. If you read the comics, or idk, LOOKED AT THE FUCKING GAME, you'd realize these characters only share genetics and a job. Get some fucking imagination for once. Im sick of hearing this shit. It's the same constant, rampant negativity over and over again, it goes nowhere.

As I type this, I just say nevermind, I'm on indefinite leave from this place. I think people tend to care less (or at all) when theyre just lurking. Enjoy Liu Kang once he's announced.
Please, don't leave. You're the most adorable NRS member of the FGC. Don't be mad at those who would rather see Smoke and Noob than Sonya and Cage... I am one of those... But I hope Liu Kang is in the game... as Big Bad...

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
You guys are acting as if this is the end of the world for character variety. Need we remind everyone that UMK3 literally had TEN WHOLE CHARACTERS that were LITERAL PALLET SWAPS? Not to mention the pallette swap Cyborg characters, one of which was a pallete swap of a human ninja?

Quit'cher bitching and assuming that because they're family, they're not going to have variety in their play styles. Also STFU about having classic characters like Johnny Cage, Jax, Sonya, Liu, etc as "boring" because they have been in MK since the beginning.

Hello? There are MASSIVE FANBASES for each character alone. They are called "staple characters" for a reason. Let's cut Ryu and Ken from the SF roster just because they're getting stale then by your logic.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Would be unfair for Jade lol..
True. Nicolas has way better hair. :DOGE
Seriously though, this game is dangerously close to becoming MK: Smash Bros. based on all of the potential clone characters if these leaks are legit characters. I get that people don't wanna let go of the originals that they love, but I feel like the best way to meet up in the middle is to make some smart skins; that should make pretty much everyone happy. We'll see what they end up doing though.
Vote Tremor.