Rumor/Possible Spoilers: Mortal Kombat X Speculation General Discussion

Leak might be real?

• Totally!

• No, it's fake!

• Doubtful...

• I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
So many people here seem to just not be MK fans...they are fans of their own crazy headcanons and own hopes and dreams for things they don't get to design....absence of greatness is sometimes an absence of greatness and not room for potential...
we have what 8 new characters...and saying shit is a waste when they have done nothing yet and said 0-2 lines of dialog we have seen so far is the lore version of day 0 tier lists...for shame...
Why does tekken need so many damn family members...
Gotta go kill my parents now because I think I got them covered...

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
After having thought this through all day, if the leak is real it's not the characters that are in it that is what's bugging me. I love all the non-joke MK character (except Onaga, FUCK Onaga, damn Tekken boss rip-off boss). What's bugging me is the faction representation, if this faction war has any real meaning outside of meta-gaming.

Special Forces:
Sonya
Johnny Cage
Jax
Jacqui
Cassie Cage
Takeda
Kenshi

White Lotus:
Raiden
Kung Lao
Liu Kang <---- assuming he's not insane/evil, or too bitter about Raiden to still consider himself a White Lotus member
Kung Jin <--- assuming he's a WL representative with the other 3 SF kids in the story trailer, though he may be another SF.

Black Dragon:
Kano
Erron Black (if he doesn't drop the BD for Kotal loyalty.. which I feel like is a possibility.)

Brotherhood of Shadow
Shinnok
Quan Chi

Lin Kuei:
Sub Zero

So.. why is Lin Kuei a faction? You could techincally argue there's 2 Shirai Ryu in the game, why not have their faction?

Then you've got a bunch of outworlders whom the game will not allow you to side with, despite them having the best roster by far..? You can't argue that Outworld is an invading faction thus can't be sided with when Brotherhood of Shadow would technically also be an invader faction..

So this is what's bugging me. I know, it doesn't matter what character you play when you pick your faction. But how is Sub Zero getting his one powerhouse and a bunch of scrubs (in story mode at least) faction? Why? If there are no other lin kuei. Why not some more black dragons and BoS too? To be fair I'm having a hard time thinking of more Black Dragon faction characters, but there sure is hell are plenty of contenders for BoS, and at least 3 potential lin kuei come to mind (smoke, frost, hell even half-cyborg Cyrax would be kickin)

So yeah, this bothers me only because the entire factions things seems tacked on rather than baked in if that leaked roster is final.

Scorpion really isn't the poster child of this game. If anything, Raiden and Kano are the two most synonymous with this game.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
I feel that they missed the chance to keep JC, Sonya, Jax and Kang in a story mode only role and leave playables to the new exciting bunch. That would keep them in the game just not in the playable roster.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Lol at anybody being shocked or outraged about Sonya and Johnny being in the game as playable. They didn't survive MK9 just for the lulz. I'm really excited to see how they change over time as characters and their relationship with Cassie. If this game truly is passing the torch to the next generation, their inclusions make even more sense because it's a send off.

Also, if the roster leak is to be correct, the roster has an MK1/MK2 roster flavor. Everyone from MK1 that was playable returning (Liu Kang, Sonya, Johnny, Scorpion, Kano, Raiden, and Sub- zero plus Goro) and most of the MK2 roster returning (Jax, Mileena, Kitana, Reptile, Kung Lao plus aforementioned MK1 characters that also appeared in MK2).

MK3 is pretty much unrepresented unless you count UMK3/Ermac when he became playable. If anything, this roster is awesome because it is the blending of the classic rosters of the premier games and characters plus the innovation of the next generation with Kotal, D'Vorah, Erron Black, Cassie, Ferra/Torr, Jacqui, Kung Jin, Takeda. Then there's Quan Chi and Shinnok of MK4.

I think it's very fitting if it is legit. Plus there's the possibility of DLC to add Shang Tsung, Baraka to complete that list of MK1/MK2 characters.
They can still be unplayable in the game to pass the torch. I still don't buy it, though.

I mean, a send off? Do you know what franchise this is?

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Well if you guys like reading "leaks" I was just digging for that ask.fm mkxanswer And found.. http://foro.mortal-kombat.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=21325 Translate it to English..Pretty sure it was shut down soon as boon got word of it and called it fake..An interesting leak and fun read though..Kinda liked the plot lol...
I'm reading your link but it doesn't seem reliable, he said that Kung Jin was a codename for Kung Lao for example.

[me]

Noob
Lin Kuei:
Sub Zero

So.. why is Lin Kuei a faction? You could techincally argue there's 2 Shirai Ryu in the game, why not have their faction?
Because factions are for players. Repeated many times. Lin Kuei is a very popular clan in MK story. It's obvious.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Scorpion really isn't the poster child of this game. If anything, Raiden and Kano are the two most synonymous with this game.
Im not sure Kano would even crack the top 8 most iconic MK characters. Hes right around there tho.

I feel MKX has a big opportunity to reinvigorate the series by incorporating older characters who've had less time to shine than some of these other characters mentioned.

Characters like Mavado, Reiko, and Fujin would fit a lot better in this game. I mean seriously.. Cassie, Jacqui, takeda, kung Jin, johnny, jax, and Sonya. Good lord that's a lot of special forces members.. needs to be more variety.

With the variety that NRS has in the game now, it would break my heart if they go in the wrong direction by adding more MK9 characters, rather than adding older characters we all want to see and play as again
Last I checked, Cage wasn't a member of the Special Forces.... unless I missed out on some vast important information these past 5 months.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
can u explain me whats the point of having jax+daughter and cassie+mommy+daddy? wouldnt it be a slot waste? if u noticed to leave out jade they gave some of her moveset to kitana, the same did with cassie, givin her some sonya-johnny moves. cmon' i dont wanna have a family-roster. this is a beatemup game focused on gore, i dont give a 'boon' to have a soap opera cast. we need more choice. if the leak turns out to be true we need to call back TOBIAS. have u noticed all the most badass and kool chars have been made by him? tobias please come back.... nrs dont have no more ideas they waste slots puttin in sons and daughters cuz they r booooring. we need chars like u and only u knew how to develop like noob saibot and all the other kool dudes credited by you :(
#BringBackTobias2015

Im not sure Kano would even crack the top 8 most iconic MK characters. Hes right around there tho.
Dude was the main character besides Rayden to be future in the advertising of the game back in 1992, if that doesn't alone help his status as being iconic, I don't know what could then. I honestly feel like Scorpion is just overrated due to his phrase (which has now outdone it's worth).

I'm reading your link but it doesn't seem reliable, he said that Kung Jin was a codename for Kung Lao for example.
Yea it prolly is b.s..But interesting..Buut on the 2nd page..Some interesting things are said "Rain was big in story mode" and you see Kotal Kahn get drop kicked by em lol.JC+Sonya DLC fit the idea of klassic kombatant title.Says something about resurrect shang tsung aka sindel..And Quan Chi controlling characters..Which was seen in the trailer..Buuuuuut I am sure I am reaching..lol..

trufenix

bye felicia
has anybody tweeted tyler to ask how much of the new cast is going to be in the next stream or if they're just going to play around with old characters some more?

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Wait what happened to Tobias?
I don't know, I think he is making cellphone games now, which is a shame considering he was the brain behind the mortal kombat mythos, he even bring for the first time the x-ray concept that we all know in a poster for a game he developed after leaving Midway.