What's new

RPD MCZ Gridman Wins Injustice: Gods Among Us at Game Underground Tournament

I think his trait needs to recover slower.

I could see that maybe, but there are other characters who need longer trait recoveries instead of him. Superman and Aquaman off the top of my head. Like I said though, Black Adam generally needs trait to break 40%, other characters do quite a bit more damage than he does.

I don't see how Black Adam should be nerfed further than he's been already. He needs trait to break 40% on combos for the most part and has no lows outside of a down 1. He's a good, maneuverable character that isn't really the best at anything in the game.
Not the best at anything in the game?

Best mobility in the game, easily. In a game where controlling spacing is extremely important.

Not the best at anything in the game?

Best mobility in the game, easily. In a game where controlling spacing is extremely important.

I think MMH is more mobile now? He's top 3 there for sure, but that doesn't exactly make him eligible for nerfs does it?

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
I don't see how Black Adam should be nerfed further than he's been already. He needs trait to break 40% on combos for the most part and has no lows outside of a down 1. He's a good, maneuverable character that isn't really the best at anything in the game.
his d1 is a low ? are you fuckin stupid ?

I think MMH is more mobile now? He's top 3 there for sure, but that doesn't exactly make him eligible for nerfs does it?
Yeah, it kinda does.

How much damage he can get from 1 combo doesn't really matter. What matter's is he can get those combo's more often than any other character can. He's unique in that he can start a HUGE combo no matter what distance he is at. Full screen he can catch you in a lightning cloud or a divekick and bam, full combo. Close range he has b23, which is not only safe, but gives him free d1 pressure.

His lightning strike does absolutely ridiculous chip damage, it's completely safe on hit, and ex lighning does 19 %!!!!

He builds meter extremely quickly. He can just divekick over rushdown characters and build meter effortlessly.

It's still too early to tell if MMH will require anything. He's a very complex character.

Yeah, it kinda does.

How much damage he can get from 1 combo doesn't really matter. What matter's is he can get those combo's more often than any other character can. He's unique in that he can start a HUGE combo no matter what distance he is at. Full screen he can catch you in a lightning cloud or a divekick and bam, full combo. Close range he has b23, which is not only safe, but gives him free d1 pressure.

His lightning strike does absolutely ridiculous chip damage, it's completely safe on hit, and ex lighning does 19 %!!!!

He builds meter extremely quickly. He can just divekick over rushdown characters and build meter effortlessly.

It's still too early to tell if MMH will require anything. He's a very complex character.

Ya, one area I'm in agreement with is chip on lightning. In regards to huge combos, 38% without trait isn't exactly huge though and Divekick requires meter to be safe. In the grand scheme of things, he's kind of balanced if you take away meter gain and chip off lightning.

CRUM

Noob
All i know is watching you guys at GU the other day (I was there to just see what a tourney was like and meet some people) really makes me wanna up my game and start playing offline more. Just never a lot of injustice players at GU too often.

Gonna start going Fridays and some Saturdays to try and find some matches.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2
It's hard for me to make it out there for weekly casuals because its roughly a 50 minute drive. Ill try to make it to a few sessions, this week is a possibility.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Congrats to Gridman. Awesome stuff.

On the discussion of Black adam, if other top characters are being nerfed, he must be too. Best mobility inn the game, his frame data is absurd ( he has a lot of advantage on block, plus trait cancels), his trait is ridiculous overall, etc. He is fine now, but if they nerf superman into the ground, and nerf other top tiers, but keep him the same, things will not be good.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
just another cookie cutter superman phony

...although wasn't he a viper/seth player? makes perfect sense coughfraudcough

I could see that maybe, but there are other characters who need longer trait recoveries instead of him. Superman and Aquaman off the top of my head. Like I said though, Black Adam generally needs trait to break 40%, other characters do quite a bit more damage than he does.
his damage is nuts, he gets 19% and 32% percent from full screen for 1 bar
he gets 40 of a divekick on hit
he has the best counterzoning, great zoning(arguably the best run away with his trait doing 12% and his backdash being cheap), great rushdown (tons of frame advantage, chip with ex lightning and 20% grabs), top tier footsies because of b2 and his mobility, only better strings are like GLs b1 and supes f2(which is beyond cheap and brainddead)

he has fucking everything, including a good anti-air, he kenshis like half the cast, im okay with a nerf to his trait recovery or backdash range..

MY inputs, timing and play (i was playing scared and wasnt using my mixups or making any reads) was way off this whole tournament up until when i got into the zone right before playing crum and throughout most of the grand finals... I made it there solely off of black adam being cheap (and people not knowing how to deal with him)

i'll accept black adam nerfs is superman gets hit too because i can't tell you how frustrating it is too have to respect that move at all times (even when they dash in your face)along with trying to catch that character...