What's new

Robo Fridge Match Up Chart and Discussion.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
6-4 vs Baraka
5-5 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
4-6 vs Cyrax
5-5 vs Ermac
4.5-5.5 vs Freddy Krueger
6-4 vs Jade
3.5-6.5 vs Jax
6-4 vs Johnny Cage
4-6 vs Kabal
5-5 vs Kano
6-4 vs Kenshi
3-7 vs Kitana
5-5 vs Kung Lao
4-6 vs Liu Kang
4-6 vs Mileena
6.5-3.5 vs Nightwolf
5.5-4.5 vs Noob Saibot
6-4 vs Quan Chi
6-4 vs Raiden
5-5 vs Rain
6-4 vs Reptile
5-5 vs Scorpion
4-6 vs Sektor
6-4 vs Shang Tsung
6-4 vs Sheeva
4-6 vs Sindel
5.5-4.5 vs Skarlet
5-5 vs Smoke
4.5-5.5 vs Sonya Blade
5-5 vs Stryker
3-7 vs Sub-Zero

^^^Thats my Chart and if you have any question about any of them ill lay it on you with my facts and opinions.

I thought LONG and hard about these

TogetherLemon

Robot Blueberry
Too long. Didn't read e.e
Agreed. Yeah, like any rushdown vs zoner, it's all about getting in. But getting in with Cyber is like playing those arcade games where some ass on a hill is throwing barrels at you, and some of them bounce, so you either jump over em', or crouch low on em'.
I'm not saying it's impossible for Cyber to get in, it's actually not that bad considering you've got a divekick. But, you're probably going to get hit a few times, even if it's just chip, before you get in.
Every time i read a post by you, i cringe. You are embarrassingly uninformed about Cyber sub zero, so please stop making ridiculous comments.

OT: I think the list looks very good, but can you explain how Stryker is good against CSZ?

Every time i read a post by you, i cringe. You are embarrassingly uninformed about Cyber sub zero, so please stop making ridiculous comments.

OT: I think the list looks very good, but can you explain how Stryker is good against CSZ?
Lmao, scrubs and their "opinions." They don't call me Don TYM "El Robo bajo Cero" for nothing. If you want to see my gameplay, look up SVB.
In all seriousness, if you must know, I'm consistently sarcastic with Glue in a friendly-ish way. If other people think I'm being serious and whatnot, who cares.
And if you haven't seen my Cyber in gameplay, nana nana boo boo. Idc.

OT: Stryker's gun is effective at keeping Cyber out. Seriously, it's a pain in the ass. That thing catches you 90% of the time if you try to dive kick it at any point, before startup and after. And like most zoners, if he catches you with an anti-air this or a string-that, most of his combos put you back at full screen if he so chooses. Yes, you can slide D: D: D: D: D: underneath his gun, but if he recovers/baits it/blocks it, he has good punish potential. I've seen 40+'s with one bar of meter. O_O

It's just another case of trying to get in past Donkey Kong's.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I have no other experience but the reptile match up. Pig and I had a discussion about this: cyper vs reptile. We agreed that it is a semi bad/bad match up for reptile.
Because reptile has slow strings, so parry could counter many reptile's block strings. Parry can also counter dash
Dive kick is perfectly safe and can punish force ball even from mid screen. Cyber could take away half of reptile's skill set.

Counter argument glue?
Because reptile can't jump for have any air control, he can be zoned along the ground quickly by CSZ, and his elbow dash can be punished by Cybers 9 Frame :fp.

Anytime that reptile throws an acid ball or :en acid ball, it can be traded with an ice ball, and even easier, an :en ice beam.

Reptile can't really stop Reptile from jumping or dive kicking, although he can punish the dive kick with dashes, if they are not perfectly safe.

Reptile's only strings are 321, and 122/1221. Both of those can't be parried, at least not to my knowledge.

UsedForGlue

6-4 vs Baraka
5-5 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
4-6 vs Cyrax
5-5 vs Ermac
6-4 vs Jade
3.5-6.5 vs Jax
6-4 vs Johnny Cage
4-6 vs Kabal
5-5 vs Kano
6-4 vs Kenshi
3-7 vs Kitana
5-5 vs Kung Lao
4-6 vs Liu Kang
4-6 vs Mileena
6.5-3.5 vs Nightwolf
5.5-4.5 vs Noob Saibot
6-4 vs Quan Chi
6-4 vs Raiden
5-5 vs Rain
6-4 vs Reptile
5-5 vs Scorpion
4-6 vs Sektor
6-4 vs Shang Tsung
6-4 vs Sheeva
4-6 vs Sindel
5.5-4.5 vs Skarlet
5-5 vs Smoke
4.5-5.5 vs Sonya Blade
5-5 vs Stryker
3-7 vs Sub-Zero
5-5 vs Baraka
5-5 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
4-6 vs Cyrax
4.5-5.5 vs Ermac
6-4 vs Jade
3.5-6.5 vs Jax
5-5 vs Johnny Cage
3-7 vs Kabal
5-5 vs Kano
4-6 vs Kenshi
3-7 vs Kitana
5-5 vs Kung Lao
4-6 vs Liu Kang
3.5-6.5 vs Mileena
5-5 vs Nightwolf
6-4 vs Noob Saibot
7-3 vs Quan Chi
6-4 vs Raiden
5-5 vs Rain
4-6 vs Reptile
5-5 vs Scorpion
4-6 vs Sektor
7-3 vs Shang Tsung
6-4 vs Sheeva
3-7 vs Sindel
4-6 vs Skarlet
5-5 vs Smoke
4.5-5.5 vs Sonya Blade
4-6 vs Stryker
3-7 vs Sub-Zero

They are pretty similar, it appears that our match up charts - slight differences, are down to personal experience in the matches.

Take the NW match up, although you obviously play it more than me, I can see from any footage between you and Fly, that Fly is sometimes intimidated by you and a little overly hesitant, and that is no way a criticism, its just about my point. But it appears to be detrimental to the fight.

Although I would say that I would probably change my rating to 6-4 instead of 5-5.

UsedForGlue

7-3 shang vs Cyber sub????
Yea. It's not easy to keep CSZ away, but again, it could just be my personal experience in the match. This is the reason match up charts don't really work, everyone will have different personal experiences, and at the same time you can't really relay on theory alone to win a fight.

And if you happened to get smashed in by shang 8-2, then it could be down to the fact that the opponent is just a better player.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
Good chart there. I see the Kenshi matchup is different in the two lists. I have to give a point to UsedForGlue that Kenshi takes the match against Csz.
He can keep him out all day long with taking no risk and answer the teleport with his juggle starter, answer the divekick and slide with those mental shits easily. No zoning against him too, so...it's pretty bad. Or at least most of the better Kenshis I played had no hard time keeping me out. But once you get in, you have the upper hand it's just that you are pretty much dead at the time.
Maybe I miss something but that matchup seems to be the worst for me with Jax in hand. Ohh I hate Jax...

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Yea screw MU charts cause honestly kenshi is so free for CSz

and kabal isn't that bad, ask REo bout our games

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
Well true that Kabal vs Csz not fully favors Kabal. Still you need 1 or 2 ex in your hand always, so meter management is crucial.
Let's see:
- IaGb: Slide-ex slide if from full screen will work out pretty well. Or (well this will be unpopular) but from fullscreen simple iceball can shut down Kabals zoning too since even if you got hit it remains and will hit. A smart Kabal will block and will have a Csz in the face, and that's not so good for him. If the iceball hits you have a frozen Kabal there. And even during the IaGb you have the time to start the iceball.
- Buzzsaw:
Divekicks of course, what else? Too bad that a smart Kabal will mix up the one above thats a bad situation for you. So divekicks starting very fast ending very fast and closing in slowly reading his attacks.
- Kabal rushdown with dash cancels and mixup:
It is going to be interesting, a parry can shut down a dash, but well...a block too, the dash cancel rushdown is the problem here. I have no better idea, good reads, and fast reaction with 1,1. You badly need to dish out damage against him and your fastest starter is 1,1 and well you know freeze, shit...
The sooner you get rid of him the better. Mosty I use the mindgame that I block and block 1 or two string, the avarage Kabal goes to a throw and there is the chance. But here if played right by the Kabal player (see Reo-s gameplay) you are in a disadvantage, but who isn't?

Random shit: Never-ever attampt a divekick from fullscreen or mid against a Kabal with meter. Your normal divekick will beat his dash, so and ex does, but as his ex-dash has armor it beats your normal and ex divekick. Mostly I fail here, bad conditioning from my side.

So even if he cannot be outzoned by you, his zoning attempts can be shutdown.
With good reads his rushdown can be stoped because of your fast starting 1.
It's just that you need to be very careful against him and play with outbursts changing turtling and rushdown in the right time and be 100% sure about what are you doing, that's why I say 1 is your best friend against him. It's 9 frames. Kabal has 2 9frame attacks too. You need to use up all the advantage you have after a blocked string.

So..I'd say it's 4-6 for Kabal. Not so good, could be better. But played right he is beatable.

Sorry for talking too much ^^ this is my experience this far