What's new

Robo Fridge Match Up Chart and Discussion.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I was asked to make a match up chart along time ago but never really liked to idea of it, but since other people would be interested in it I thought I would start one.

I will update individual matches with analysis in time.

5-5 vs Baraka
5-5 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
4-6 vs Cyrax
4.5-5.5 vs Ermac
4.5-5.5 vs Freddy Krueger
6-4 vs Jade
3.5-6.5 vs Jax
5-5 vs Johnny Cage
3-7 vs Kabal
5-5 vs Kano
4-6 vs Kenshi
3-7 vs Kitana
5-5 vs Kung Lao
4-6 vs Liu Kang
3.5-6.5 vs Mileena
5-5 vs Nightwolf
6-4 vs Noob Saibot
7-3 vs Quan Chi
6-4 vs Raiden
5-5 vs Rain
4-6 vs Reptile
5-5 vs Scorpion
4-6 vs Sektor
7-3 vs Shang Tsung
6-4 vs Sheeva
3-7 vs Sindel
4-6 vs Skarlet
5-5 vs Smoke
4.5-5.5 vs Sonya Blade
4-6 vs Stryker
3-7 vs Sub-Zero

Total = 147.5

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
good thread .... I have a doubt : CSZ Ice Parry, can stop Mileena ball roll and tele kick ? Maybe his chances against her could improve a bit ?

UsedForGlue

good thread .... I have a doubt : CSZ Ice Parry, can stop Mileena ball roll and tele kick ? Maybe his chances against her could improve a bit ?
The most basic Mileena's can destroy CSZ, there are theoretical ways to beat Mileena with the Ice Parry, but in real match time, its not very practical.

For instance.

Any combo blocked combo into Teleport can be :en Parried, as the special, which does 8% and knocks Mileena away just isn't worth it, if you are going to parry, make it worth your while, then NJP, into U4, Slide.

Most Mileena players after a JIP will do U4, then you are frame trapped, so they will mostly always go for :bk:bp, that is your change to :en parry, into JIP, U4, Teleport, for pressure.

CSZ has only a perfectly timed slide to punish a blocked teleport into air sai when it is low to the ground.

BALL ROLL QUESTION:
The best punisher CSZ has for a ball roll on block is, NJP, U4, Slide, or 34, B22 Slide.

Trying to parry a ball roll on reaction is just not practical, and if you are baiting the ball roll on wake up, then the parry will only dish 8% and knock her away. Where as blocking the Ball roll into a punisher that requires no meter and ending in a slide for an un-techable roll is where it is at.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Let me fight your cyber sub more please, it's a match-up I dont get to play often. I didn't think you had Jax that bad for him but I'd like to see why. Good shit though man, I've been thinking of doing one for Jax but theres too much drama around him atm and its all a little too subjective imo.

UsedForGlue

Let me fight your cyber sub more please, it's a match-up I dont get to play often. I didn't think you had Jax that bad for him but I'd like to see why. Good shit though man, I've been thinking of doing one for Jax but theres too much drama around him atm and its all a little too subjective imo.
There is lots of drama around MTC's at the minute.

The reason it is 6.5 for Jax is because CSZ can't use his parry game on Jax, as his f4 is now a true low, breaking his parry, along with the high crouching ht box which means you will eat F4 and the following 1.
Jax can easily out poke him because CSZ has rubbish pokes, with the exception of d3.
CZS can parry any over head (du4) that is blocked. But again, it's 8% and you get pushed away from your opponent, making you start your rushdown again. but with the life lead, it comes in handy.

CSZ can have a hard time getting in against Jax, and his fireball recovers too quick to chance trades all day, along with the fact that Jax can GP anything that looks like an ice bomb opening from CSZ.

Jax also has two good armoured moves to stop CSZ using 21-2+1.

Jax doesn't destroy him, but all in all, it is in his favour.

UsedForGlue

L
why would you say Cyber sub is at disadvantage vs cyrax?
It comes down to the fact that CSZ's room for error is very slim against Cyrax because of the massive damage he can deal from being caught in one net, where CSZ has to chip away at cyrax with around 10-11 dive kicks per game when it comes down to zoning.

CSZ cannot turtle the lead very well against Cyrax, as Cyrax will make him move and if I time one wrong dive into a net, I'm screwed.

If I finally get in, you have your armoured :x which will also nullify any JUMP AT ALL from Jump distance, as Dive kick will redirect at Cyrax at mid height and a standard JIP will also eat the :x, you also have your anti air throw, which takes priority over everything in the air in this game.

Cyrax has many wake up options to slow CSZ down with his 50/50 Into slide game, stunts his rush down a good bit.

Same with human sub, the ice ball will trade but will lead to nothing, but all in all, it's not a 5-5 or 7-3 for Cyrax, it's winnable for CSZ but at 6-4 in Cyrax's favour.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
L

It comes down to the fact that CSZ's room for error is very slim against Cyrax because of the massive damage he can deal from being caught in one net, where CSZ has to chip away at cyrax with around 10-11 dive kicks per game when it comes down to zoning.

CSZ cannot turtle the lead very well against Cyrax, as Cyrax will make him move and if I time one wrong dive into a net, I'm screwed.

If I finally get in, you have your armoured :x which will also nullify any JUMP AT ALL from Jump distance, as Dive kick will redirect at Cyrax at mid height and a standard JIP will also eat the :x, you also have your anti air throw, which takes priority over everything in the air in this game.

Cyrax has many wake up options to slow CSZ down with his 50/50 Into slide game, stunts his rush down a good bit.

Same with human sub, the ice ball will to trade well and will lead to nothing, but all in all, it's not a 5-5 or 7-3 for Cyrax, it's winnable for CSZ but at 6-4 in Cyrax's favour.
cant dissagree with those points, thanks man.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
What did you think the match up was before I posted? 5-5?

Also Cyrax players take their :x for granted against CSZ, when you have it, I can't jump at jump distance.
id never given it much thought, was just curious as to your reasons why you think hes at an advantage.

i assumed it was a 5-5 given how evenly our matches go, its hard to take our characters into account nowadays

Enenra

Go to hell.
I honestly think Noob beats Robo Fridge... Whatever, overall, his match up chart looks pretty bad.
:facepalm:

I have no other experience but the reptile match up. Pig and I had a discussion about this: cyper vs reptile. We agreed that it is a semi bad/bad match up for reptile.
Because reptile has slow strings, so parry could counter many reptile's block strings. Parry can also counter dash
Dive kick is perfectly safe and can punish force ball even from mid screen. Cyber could take away half of reptile's skill set.

Counter argument glue?

I dont agree.

But this why match up charts can most of the time come down to personal preference and match up experience.
It's not my fault you don't have much experience with Cyber Sub, but I'll lay it out for you since you've been so typically Europeanly nice. Noob has teh projectiles. Cyber sub only has teh divekick and dashes to get in. As soon as Cyber jumps, Noob can either a) Upshadow, or b) properly timed running man projectile, or c) riskily Teleport
On the ground, Noob runs it at range obviously. It's quite difficult to pressure Noob on wakeup, which Cyber likes. If one were to ever do something riskily dumb that can be fully punished with Saibot, his gimmicky blackhole reset/setup is particularly effective on Cyber because his only way to escape it is with his risky a.f. slide. Which Noob should be expecting, and ready for gimmicky blackhole reset/setup attempt #2 if one were so unwise. Unless you're pretty close or at least mid-screen, you can't really trade at the same time. You'd have to make a read if he's going to projectile. And it's so God awfully slow Noob can teleslam you like a pancake. And Cyber does not like being a pancake.
The best hope for Cyber to pressure on wakeup is to bait an upshadow or running man and throw a freezeball so that it doesn't hit his invincible frames, and catches him. Of course, if he decides to wait for you to throw it out, and teleslams you, well too bad.
Once Cyber -does get in-, which probably won't be until he's lost a decent chunk of health, yes, then he starts dealing out massive damage on Noob. The problem with Cyber, like any zoning character in this game that can keep him out and conveniently punish him back to full screen, is getting in.
Although, Noob is not THAT overwhelming to get in like Kitana, subby, or Kabal.

I put the matchup at 4.5-5.5 Noob Saibot.

UsedForGlue

It's not my fault you don't have much experience with Cyber Sub, but I'll lay it out for you since you've been so typically Europeanly nice. Noob has teh projectiles. Cyber sub only has teh divekick and dashes to get in. As soon as Cyber jumps, Noob can either a) Upshadow, or b) properly timed running man projectile, or c) riskily Teleport
On the ground, Noob runs it at range obviously. It's quite difficult to pressure Noob on wakeup, which Cyber likes. If one were to ever do something riskily dumb that can be fully punished with Saibot, his gimmicky blackhole reset/setup is particularly effective on Cyber because his only way to escape it is with his risky a.f. slide. Which Noob should be expecting, and ready for gimmicky blackhole reset/setup attempt #2 if one were so unwise. Unless you're pretty close or at least mid-screen, you can't really trade at the same time. You'd have to make a read if he's going to projectile. And it's so God awfully slow Noob can teleslam you like a pancake. And Cyber does not like being a pancake.
The best hope for Cyber to pressure on wakeup is to bait an upshadow or running man and throw a freezeball so that it doesn't hit his invincible frames, and catches him. Of course, if he decides to wait for you to throw it out, and teleslams you, well too bad.
Once Cyber -does get in-, which probably won't be until he's lost a decent chunk of health, yes, then he starts dealing out massive damage on Noob. The problem with Cyber, like any zoning character in this game that can keep him out and conveniently punish him back to full screen, is getting in.
Although, Noob is not THAT overwhelming to get in like Kitana, subby, or Kabal.

I put the matchup at 4.5-5.5 Noob Saibot.
Cyber Sub Zero is one of the only rush down characters that Noob cannot keep out for a during of the fight and has to work allot harder than fighting lets say...Sonya,Cage.

The match up is laid out clearly from the beginning, Cyber Sub will chase and noob will run, other rushdown characters have other ways of trading, and slowing down his projectile game without moving, take Lui Kang for example, a semi rush down character, that does not need to rush him down.

Cyber has no choice, so no other angle of the game comes into play. Its a very straight forward, and uncomplicated fight.

Cyber Sub Zero is one of the only rush down characters that Noob cannot keep out for a during of the fight and has to work allot harder than fighting lets say...Sonya,Cage.

The match up is laid out clearly from the beginning, Cyber Sub will chase and noob will run, other rushdown characters have other ways of trading, and slowing down his projectile game without moving, take Lui Kang for example, a semi rush down character, that does not need to rush him down.

Cyber has no choice, so no other angle of the game comes into play. Its a very straight forward, and uncomplicated fight.
Too long. Didn't read e.e
Agreed. Yeah, like any rushdown vs zoner, it's all about getting in. But getting in with Cyber is like playing those arcade games where some ass on a hill is throwing barrels at you, and some of them bounce, so you either jump over em', or crouch low on em'.
I'm not saying it's impossible for Cyber to get in, it's actually not that bad considering you've got a divekick. But, you're probably going to get hit a few times, even if it's just chip, before you get in.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Too long. Didn't read e.e
Agreed. Yeah, like any rushdown vs zoner, it's all about getting in. But getting in with Cyber is like playing those arcade games where some ass on a hill is throwing barrels at you, and some of them bounce, so you either jump over em', or crouch low on em'.
I'm not saying it's impossible for Cyber to get in, it's actually not that bad considering you've got a divekick. But, you're probably going to get hit a few times, even if it's just chip, before you get in.
Surely CSZ can just sit half screen (or whatever max far divekick range is) and divekick any slide/running man on reaction, what can noob do then?

Sometimes the driest tactics are the one.

Surely CSZ can just sit half screen (or whatever max far divekick range is) and divekick any slide/running man on reaction, what can noob do then?

Well that's half screen. If you mix it up with upshadow's, he'll be less inclined to auto-divekick.

UsedForGlue

What foxy said about the noob fight is exactly how it is. Well spaced dive kicking causes problems for Noob's constant zoning.

Again, it's all personal experience, but every time I have fought a noob player with CSZ, it hasn't been easy on the noob player keeping CSZ out.