What's new

Rico Suave Conquers Injustice at the Break Weekly #245

Winter Brawl 8, the stage was set for predictable tops 8's to include both Atlanta road warriors, and a king who has just received his crown of victory from Tennessee's major, KIT. However, the breaks very own Zyphox crippled the king's new ego, which was later completely slayed by Frantastic. Forever king was eliminated in the very first pool which set the stage for an exciting tournament. Salt face was later defeated by the child prodigy, sonic fox. And glass sword's fedora was put in check by Eric Matthews (Majin Bupiter) as he was sent to the pit of losers where he was forced to feast on his ally salt face.

As we reach the top 8, the force of the break regulars was powerful, with only a few outsiders present. Everything came down to an amazing performance as KDZ believed in the all mighty helix, and summoned the bird jesus within to defeat the prodigy known as Sonic fox in a climatic array of 3 out of 5 sets.

Rico's theme song, please press play:

With the attention placed on the break, Frieza and the Planet Trade Orginization recruit rico suave to conquer the break for their own. His frustration of being one match shy away from top 8 fuels his passion for victory, and his determination for revenge against the dark knight that put him in losers....DarthArma!
Ring Announcer: "Here is your Winner... Revolution Gaming's , Rico Suave! "

Warriors that have fallen before their time:
  • Zyphox falls to DarthArma in a gripping 2-1 set on the watch tower.
  • Frantastic with his new title of "King Slayer" loses to DarthArma
  • Grr is shocked with defeat by black adams magic
  • KDZ falls into losers at the hands of Ginyu Force
  • KDZ later rolls over the king slayers zyphox and frantastic as he gains momentum to losers finals
  • Rico's black adam fails to defeat Arma in winners finals.
  • Kdz fails to join his team mate in grand finals as rico comes back for one more shot against the dark knight.
Finals
Rico attempts to use black adam against DarthArma's batman due to his recent defeat at Winter Brawl. His black adam was shy of a win by one match and Arma moves on to grand finals.

Loser's Finals
KDZ played a great first match, going up 1-0, and was very close to obtaining a 2-0 lead, but the tides changed to rico's favor, and a few wrong decisions place KDZ on the path of defeat as rico wins 3-1

Grand finals was a runback between Rico Suave and DarthArma. They did a character select dance, and Arma decided to hide his cursor, and try his first set with stone cold and zod. Rico's momentum shifted took off as zod made the bad decision to not summon stone cold to interfere with the match. Rico resets the bracket, and both players decide to switch characters and to go with batman and aquaman. Rico wins the 2nd set defeating Dartharma 3-2 and conquers the break for the ginyu force.

Results:

1st:RG Rico Suave
2nd:EMP DarthArma
3rd:EMP KDZ
4th:KS Zyphox
5th:EMPR Grr
5th:KN KS Frantastic
7th:King James
7th:HBA EMP JRosa
9th:MMM Dr Handsome
9th:MMM Abneto
9th:AVN Jonnitti
9th:ICEY
13th:MMM Stevo Supremo
13th:G4s Claude Von Stroke
13th: Dropped Combo
13th:Ronald Rogan
17th:ISF IPALS Indecisive

Challonge: http://8wayrun.challonge.com/thebreak245igau

Matches:

MK9 was at the break again this week, and our winner was G4S Claude Vonstroke.

We do have confirmation of more mk9 players coming by next week. If you're into MK9 and have a free tuesday night, please come on by!

http://8wayrun.challonge.com/thebreak245mk9

Last edited by a moderator:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
@DarthArma, Rico has a great theme, but did he call you a "naive fool" after he won? I hope so.

I will definitely check out the videos.

coolwhip

Noob
@DarthArma Glad to see my release bat cross-up suggestion worked :)

At least based on your match with Jonnitti that is. I have yet to watch the other ones. Good stuff.

2 quick questions though about unrelated things:

1- I notice that you often release bats right after you pushblock and most of the time they connect. Is it because your opponent is not blocking and it catches him off guard or do bats actually combo off a push block? I guess it's the first scenario but I'd like confirmation.

2- How exactly did you punish DeathStroke's wake-up sword spin? I know one of the hits whiffs and you full combo punish but is there a specific timing or distance you have to be at?

Great stuff again man. Your Batman is my favorite thing to watch in Injustice.

Last edited:

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
LBSH and make a 5 man squad for Titanfall called the Ginyu Force, change our names, and body everyone

@DarthArma Glad to see my release bat cross-up suggestion worked :)

At least based on your match with Jonnitti that is. I have yet to watch the other ones. Good stuff.

2 quick questions though about unrelated things:

1- I notice that you often release bats right after you pushblock and most of the time they connect. Is it because your opponent is not blocking and it catches him off guard or do bats actually combo off a push block? I guess it's the first scenario but I'd like confirmation.

2- How exactly did you punish DeathStroke's wake-up sword spin? I know one of the hits whiffs and you full combo punish but is there a specific timing or distance you have to be at?

Great stuff again man. Your Batman is my favorite thing to watch in Injustice.
1) it never leads into a full combo, it's more of a surprise element for pressure.

2) You normally can't. If you look at the video again, death stroke is facing the wrong way, I did it to him in both matches. Thats why fran kept screaming "The Tech saved him" because jonniti was trying to chip me and stay safe. I thought he was going to sword spin, and to beat it i would have to neutral jump, but I didnt want to risk dying if he decides to do sword flip. The option I preformed would have punished either option.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
my match vs KDZ when i was up like 90% life and he did a air grab and whiffed, why did my uppercut go right through him? i thought they fixed this? @colt @AK Harold @WITNESS i paid the price for that BS. anyway good stuff to everyone at the break, we have about 7 players in our locals that can make top 8 at any major, and the more the 0ther guys play, the more they will level up with the comp, great stuff guys!!

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
my match vs KDZ when i was up like 90% life and he did a air grab and whiffed, why did my uppercut go right through him? i thought they fixed this? @colt @AK Harold @WITNESS i paid the price for that BS. anyway good stuff to everyone at the break, we have about 7 players in our locals that can make top 8 at any major, and the more the 0ther guys play, the more they will level up with the comp, great stuff guys!!
Thanks for the MK casuals as well!

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
There are a few things they didn't fix with flash just d2 next time