What's new

RG RM Sonic Fox Wins Injustice: Gods Among Us at Summer Jam 8

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Ggs to everyone I played. Especially @Biohazard, for bodying me in the, and then promptly telling me what I was doing wrong. As well as @Relaxedstate with that sound advice, not to mention you were playing flawlessly man. @imblackjames I will restore my blackness at TFC. BE THERE! And now, Rapidfire.

@Cossner - I'm sorry i was so hard to catch a set with. I'm trying to keep my n00bs active, which requires me to be in their corner.
@ JamesMK - I dont think you know who i am, but i'm always listening to your stories silently from afar. Dudes like you are one of the main reasons i still go out to stuff. I love getting good games in, but more than that, I'm a stickler for a good story.
@Mr Aquaman @G4S Claude VonStroke @Mikemetroid @R.E.O. @Shock and anyone else i'm forgetting to tag. It was good seeing you all again, I'm sorry I didn't say bye, but i'm pretty sure i left when everyone decided to go eat dinner, because i could not find anyone :(

Love you guys, See you @ TFC!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Nope. I feel he is one of the best characters in the game when it comes to dealing with MMH's shit.
@MITDJT
@Tm_whiteboi
@R.E.O.
@EMPEROR_JUPITER
While I agree it's 6-4 dd I'm puzzled why Reo or Jupiter didn't use b2333 MB close orb 22b3 d1 push when dd was in trait mode dashing in. Maybe they tried , I need to rewatch.

A key to beating Dd is finding a way to completely nullify his trait, ZOD for one I found many ways to and I feel like MMH can w ease when he has 1-2 bars of meter

B2333 may be too slow, idk I'll have to test and can but either way I'm sure something like 22mb close orb b2333 MB close orb 22b3 d1 push would work and DD usually are mashing during segments like this that stunt them which takes more damage

Case n point this right here below
@1:03 pay attention to the sequence and please state at dd health

Every player/character should focus on finding a stunt sequence similar to this to negate trait

ZOD can do this with and without trait and it's not just because to bro ZOD is broke, it's because there's a lab and I visited it many times.

I feel like tons can do this and it changes the MU for all

Also weighing post MB blocked shoulder options to find the absolute best route to go is also a plus. Like for example do they have one bar and this is their last bar being used? If so then push block second venom hit when he MB to nullify any mixup afterward

If he has three bars expect another MB shoulder or d1/dash in and this is where it's best to stand ground and do d1 special or backdash if you read d1/3

E

Eldriken

@MITDJT

While I agree it's 6-4 dd I'm puzzled why Reo or Jupiter didn't use b2333 MB close orb 22b3 d1 push when dd was in trait mode dashing in

A key to beating Dd is finding a way to completely nullify his trait, ZOD for one I found many ways to and I feel like MMH can w ease when he has 1-2 bars of meter

B2333 may be too slow, idk I'll have to test and can but either way I'm sure something like 22mb close orb b2333 MB close orb 22b3 d1 push would work and DD usually are mashing during segments like this that stunt them which takes more damage

Every player/character should focus on finding a stunt sequence similar to this to negate trait

ZOD can do this with and without trait and it's not just because to bro ZOD is broke, it's because there's a lab and I visited it many times.

You feel it's in Doomsday's favor? I think it's pretty even.

But you are certainly right in regards to people needing to find things that completely blow up Doomsday's trait. I've seen MMH players do it, same with Hawkgirl, Nightwing, Green Lantern, Harley, etc.

It's just that when you trait up and they're in the corner, they really can't do much 'cause they panic and want out of the corner ASAP. They're more focused on that than dwindling away at your trait.

Pig Of The Hut

You feel it's in Doomsday's favor? I think it's pretty even.

But you are certainly right in regards to people needing to find things that completely blow up Doomsday's trait. I've seen MMH players do it, same with Hawkgirl, Nightwing, Green Lantern, Harley, etc.

It's just that when you trait up and they're in the corner, they really can't do much 'cause they panic and want out of the corner ASAP. They're more focused on that than dwindling away at your trait.
Best option at that moment is block high and give up at most 2-3 4.5% damage in low hitting (2.5%) and chip added blocking first hit high (2%)

So at worst u give up free corner dmg of 13.5% which most can easily make up for

The problem is when people think "yea sure I can block corner trusted rush down easy" end up getting hit 3x and giving up 35%

I'll give away a free 13.5 % all day

E

Eldriken

Best option at that moment is block high and give up at most 2-3 4.5% damage in low hitting (2.5%) and chip added blocking first hit high (2%)

So at worst u give up free corner dmg of 13.5% which most can easily make up for

The problem is when people think "yea sure I can block corner trusted rush down easy" end up getting hit 3x and giving up 35%

I'll give away a free 13.5 % all day
That's only the case if the Doomsday player decides to try and use raw Earth Shakes. They can mix it up with a sweep, throw, various strings into Earth Shake to throw off your timing, etc.

But I see what you're getting at and it raises a good point.

@MITDJT
@Tm_whiteboi
@R.E.O.
@EMPEROR_JUPITER
While I agree it's 6-4 dd I'm puzzled why Reo or Jupiter didn't use b2333 MB close orb 22b3 d1 push when dd was in trait mode dashing in. Maybe they tried , I need to rewatch.

Also weighing post MB blocked shoulder options to find the absolute best route to go is also a plus. Like for example do they have one bar and this is their last bar being used? If so then push block second venom hit when he MB to nullify any mixup afterward

If he has three bars expect another MB shoulder or d1/dash in and this is where it's best to stand ground and do d1 special or backdash if you read d1/3

dd can interrupt mb orbs after b2333 in trait,
push is punishable unless its max distance 222 is better i find... or to throw preemptive orbs... if spaced or timed right it can knock him out of shit..

also with a lifelead martian can just chuck orbs onto himself in the corner.... post mb shoudler is in martian's favor because of damage d1 beats dash and shoulder charge and leads to a full combo.. also in the corner during that earth shaker shit you can poke if he doesn't do a d1 or you can throw close mb orb and it reverses if he does wakeup reveres... if there is one matchup i know it is dday martian... i would love the chance to play perfect legend's dd or one of these others to see what they do differently.

i still think martian does not lose to dd, in fact if i were to give the nod to one character it'd be martian because martian dominates first hit and doomsday has 0 options without meter... all you have to do is crouch block and if he dashes.... also i i find the zoning game can be done effective if you properly space his mb shoulder out and punish with mb b3... and then once that is respected trait can be used if they attempt to get into a nonpunishable distance along with mb orbs...

i didn't watch reo or jupiter play but i know that mu pretty well. but the more you play against dd the worst he gets, and he is very effective in tournament because you need a feel for the dd to get into a groove lame hit out... i really feel martian does fine....i'll be at that december tourney to test it out.

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

That's only the case if the Doomsday player decides to try and use raw Earth Shakes. They can mix it up with a sweep, throw, various strings into Earth Shake to throw off your timing, etc.

But I see what you're getting at and it raises a good point.
True

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Ggs to everyone I played. Especially @Biohazard, for bodying me in the, and then promptly telling me what I was doing wrong. As well as @Relaxedstate with that sound advice, not to mention you were playing flawlessly man. @imblackjames I will restore my blackness at TFC. BE THERE! And now, Rapidfire.

@Cossner - I'm sorry i was so hard to catch a set with. I'm trying to keep my n00bs active, which requires me to be in their corner.
@ JamesMK - I dont think you know who i am, but i'm always listening to your stories silently from afar. Dudes like you are one of the main reasons i still go out to stuff. I love getting good games in, but more than that, I'm a stickler for a good story.
@Mr Aquaman @G4S Claude VonStroke @Mikemetroid @R.E.O. @Shock and anyone else i'm forgetting to tag. It was good seeing you all again, I'm sorry I didn't say bye, but i'm pretty sure i left when everyone decided to go eat dinner, because i could not find anyone :(

Love you guys, See you @ TFC!
So unless I hit it big at foxwoods during guts or I get my reparations for slavery I wont be able to go to tfc. You'll have to wait longer until you TRY to get your blackness back #Dastruggle

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
I had an amazing weekend! It was a ton of fun from hanging out in the hotel rooms, the tournament, and 2AM Geno's/Pat's Cheesesteaks!

I have a ton of shout outs ill get to in a bit, but first I'll say great games to @R.E.O and @EMPEROR_JUPITER (the dudes that put me into losers and eliminated me). Everyone knows how much I love that MMH matchup for Zod! :confused:. But you both played awesome all tourney and I thought out sets were pretty fun!

Special shoutouts to my hotel mates @HoneyBee @RM_Biohazard @Indecisive. You guys made the weekend even more fun. Welcome to the RM family, and hope to have many good times again at future tournaments! Special shoutout to Bio for making top 8. You really worked hard and deserve that, I expect more awesome things in the future!

Shoutouts to @Clark Luthor for rooting me on, and being the only other Maryland. Also shutouts to @Blackula for beating Tom Brady to make top 16! And @Mr Aquaman for being my bruh and having hype sets in pools (TFC will be your time).

I was impressed with EMP DragonGod too. Shoutouts to being a super chill dude. He was so close to beating PL in pools (3-2), and had that hype as shit comeback against zyphox!

Shoutouts to the break dudes @Zyphox @DarthArma @Decay II (Your matches were so hype, your time is coming very soon my friend!) Special shoutouts to @KDZ for exploding an icecream sandwich in his bare hands (that yung blood fox wouldn't take) and getting it all over Arma but completely missing me (also congrats on 2nd and our hype sets after the tournament).

Congrats to @Perfect Legend for getting third. It is always hype watching you play. I am a fan of that doomsday!
Congrats to @AK SaltFace for getting a redemption top8 after EVO and again showing how resilience and love for the game can get you what you want (if you want it enough).

Shoutouts to everyone else I played/hung out this weekend. @imblackjames (Thank you for actually being called James lol) @Chatterbox @JkunPrime @BlackBryan @G4S Claude VonStroke @7L (That combo in pools was swag as shit) @KingJamez12 (sick GL). @Lilith (Nice to meet you!) @Cossner@Mikemetroid @Shock

Another special shoutout to @Tom Brady for bopping me in MK with that SubZero. Will I always live in that corner jail? But maaan I just want to zone you! :) I am pumped for MKX

I HAVE to give a shoutout to @AK Pig Of The Hut and @General M2Dave. The Zod community is the best community (shout outs to the rest of you!) and these guys have given me invaluable advice and sage wisdom since I picked Zod up. They have such a good handle on this character, his tech, his almost non existent footsies, and his MUs, I have an incredible amount of respect for both of them. Thank you!

Thanks @Rev_ @Shaazzyam (I better see you both playing at WCW!) @LordBRISK and @Zen Zombieekiler for some good sets before I left. You all are getting quite good and hope to see you at some future events!

(Edit: I better see both @rev0lver and @WITNESS at the next tourney!) Fools

Finally, Congrats @SonicFox5000 on the victory! You really do look unstoppable.... but I am still waiting for my runback... and I am definitely plotting all the while, so Ill be ready! huehehehe

Sorry to anyone I forgot! But much respect!

Thanks for all the love. Lets go RM! See you all at the next tournament!

------------------------------------------------

And of course... Shoutouts to @astronout (greatjob surviving basic training!), and @xKhaoTik. Honestly these dudes are fucking amazing in both fighting games and in personal quality. These tournaments are just not the same without you both ;-; We have to get it back together for MKX!
The Fall Classic and NEC

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Congrats SonicFox! You're gonna be the Lebron James of the FGC soon enough.

migosan

MK Philippines / Injustice Philippines
I think tons of tournaments have proven that statement correct
exactly its like every tournament i see, the top mmh's getting beat badly by dd, really dont know why people are getting surprised by this, its no secret dd just beats mmh, or at least have the right tools against him, i mean orbs are useless against dd, most especially dd can negate mmh's wake up game since he's doesn't have any multiple hitting wakeup that could negate dd's mb armor or venom or trait, it's easy to find ways to punish mmh with dd, well that's my opinion and how its turning out to be :)

EMPEROR_JUPITER

Your ego betrays you.
@MITDJT
@Tm_whiteboi
@R.E.O.
@EMPEROR_JUPITER

I'm going to lab this hard for sure but the only guaranteed one I've come up with spends 2bars. My safest meterless option is my 222 string since its safe on trait, then turn it into a read game post-222 blocked. I'll have to look closer, a good d day is a tough fight but I believe it's 5-5.