What's new

Rg|RM Sonic Fox Wins Injustice at Final Round 17

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Injustice at Final Round 17 will be remembered as one of the most exciting, unpredictable, and memorable tournaments of this game's tournament life. With one of the craziest, zaniest, and most thrilling nights of pools ever seen, the stakes were set high for today's Top 8. With no heavy favorites, the playing field seemed relatively even, and that made the action hard to predict. And to a large degree, the theme of the tournament was "balance" -- with a balanced, deep field of competitors and an apparently balanced game providing an opportunity for players of numerous characters to have a chance at victory.

Today's finals started off in rapid fashion, with Sonic Fox screeching to an extremely expedient victory over Noobe and 16 Bit making short work of Harold. Smarrgasm initially put up a good fight against PlayingToWin, but he was overwhelmed by an arsenal of Sinestro tech that had him guessing as to what move to make next. Executing well and seemingly ready for everything, P2W steamrolled through their second match with hardly a hiccup.

Orochi vs. REO started slowly, with both players feeling each other out. As REO backed away to chip with zoning bit by bit, Orochi took risks with Lantern's Turbine's Might to get in. But although Orochi's pressure was consistent and strong, REO weatherd the storm and used a judicious gamble with saved meter to eliminate Orochi's chances of saving himself with a clash. Their second game was close as well until a lightning-fast read by REO put Orochi back to fullscreen, letting REO chip him out to take the set.

In losers Harold kept things extremely tight against PlayingToWin, staying in his face the whole time and hardly allowing him any room to breathe. When P2W used his trait to edge out the first match, Harold fired back with some timely late reads to take Game 2. But P2W's extremely solid execution proved to be too much for Harold to overcome, as he hardly dropped a single input in a decisive Game 3 rout that ended Harold's impressive run. By the time he faced Noobe, REO looked to be warmed up and was extremely sharp as he carefully dissected Noobe's onslaught. After Noobe stampeded through the second game, the third turned into a desperate struggle as REO turned the tide with an expertly-placed super -- but Noobe battled back on his last legs of life, barely breaking through REO's defense and ultimately sending him out of the tournament.

A fantastic match between SonicFox and 16 bit eventually came down to Sonic's relentless point-blank pressure putting him over the edge. And after Noobe storrmed through all of PlayingToWin's offense with a barrage of armor and some withering corner pressure to secure himself the win, the stage was set between 16 bit and Noobe in Losers' Finals. After losing the first match with apparently incorrect controls, 16 Bit steamed back in a hurry and looked to be completely in command. Putting on a clinic, he utterly reduced Noobe's offense to shreds and never looked intimidated by any of Doomsday's options.

And although 16 Bit fought valiantly in Grand Finals, Sonic Fox's myriad of offensive options was simply too much to overcome. With vortexes and constant cartwheel pressure making the difference, Sonic expertly navigated himself to his very first Injustice major win, taking Final Round 17 and putting Batgirl at the top of an intimidating heap!

Important Note: Sonic's win in Mortal Kombat 9 on Friday makes him the first player to win both Injustice and Mortal Kombat 9 at the same major. In addition, he placed 3rd in DOA5.

TOP 8

1) Rg Sonic Fox (Batgirl)
2) GGA 16 Bit (Catwoman)
3) Emperor Noobe (Doomsday)
4) PlayingtoWin (Sinestro)
5) KN OBS REO (Martian Manhunter)
5) AK|RM Harold (Flash)
7) Kinetic Orochi (Green Lantern)
7) AK BYS Smarrgasm (Black Adam)

MATCH LOG

WINNERS
Rg Sonic Fox (Batgirl) over Emperor Noobe (Doomsday) (2-0)
GGA 16 Bit (Catwoman) over AK|RM Harold (Flash) (2-0)

LOSERS
PlayingtoWin (Sinestro) over AK BYS Smarrgasm (Black Adam) (2-0)
KN OBS REO (Martian Manhunter) over Kinetic Orochi (Green Lantern) (2-0)

PlayingToWin (Sinestro) over AK|RM Harold (Flash) (2-1)
Emperor Noobe (Doomsday) over KN OBS REO (Martian Manhunter) (2-1)

Emperor Noobe (Doomsday) over PlayingtoWin (Sinestro) (2-1)

WINNERS FINALS
Rg Sonic Fox (Batgirl) over GGA 16 Bit (Catwoman) (3-1)

LOSERS FINALS
GGA 16 Bit (Catwoman) over Emperor Noobe (Doomsday) (3-1)

GRAND FINALS
Rg Sonic Fox (Batgirl) over GGA 16 Bit (3-0)

STREAM ARCHIVE
http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/511636875

Attachments

Last edited:
It would have been a storybook ending had bit won the tourney he almost didn't even go to, but Sonic Fox did his thing.

so sonic Fox wins injustice and MK? pretty damn good i guess. even though 16bit could have played the batgirl matchup way better

totheark

Shazzy's Senpai
Incredible performances this week. Bit, Noobe, Harold, etc., came to fuckin' play.

But most of all, I love me some Martian Manunter. He may not have won, but he will ALWAYS HAVE HIS PRESENCE KNOWN.
Props to REO. Props to all.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
@GGA 16 Bit you looked great. I said last night that you were playing more confidently than anyone else in the tournament, and I still believe that to be true. Cool under fire and extremely well prepared, you have solidified your legacy in this game and no one can argue otherwise.

Sonic, you know I love you man -- despite people that root against you and try to drag you down, you always bounce through it and come in with something new. You are with out a doubt one of the most talented players in fighting games as a whole, and I'm proud to watch you do so well at every single event.

Kudos to both of you guys; and more importantly, kudos to all the Injustice players who participated in this amazing and highly memorable tournament.

They said.. we'd be dead after EVO..

They said, they hype was gone

They said Injustice wasn't as exciting

And well.. Here we are.. Everyone who hated can Hold That x10. INJUSTICE

Last edited:
Grand finals was awesome! Did sonic fox ever use joker at all during this?
I saw him use joker for his first onstream match against some sinestro player who almost made a comeback against him twice and he popped off about how the joker community can hold that. Personally I wrote it off as a random sinestro not knowing what to do and was waaaaaaay more impressed with Notez' performance.