What's new

Reveal is coming Thursday at 10am Eastern!!

Mst

Noob
I understand the characters are the money makers. The big reveals, the fancy trailers, the trolling. I get it. You wanna keep them under wraps and blah blah blah. But why can't we just have some screen shots. Not even screen shots of new shit, just shots of the game. One a day is insane, thats fine, but one a week? One a month? Just something to keep me from hating myself for following this game.
The rate will properly go up the closer we get to the release day.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I'm just going to hope for Mileena/Sindel/Jade but I know it's probably just going to be another character I don't care about... -_-

Soon I'll have a reason to be hype though, SOON.

trufenix

bye felicia
They do, follow the tumblr.
A couple of animated gifs 2 months apart is not even remotely what I'm asking for. Just once a day take one intern, or producer or even qa drone, put him in a confirmed stage with a couple of confirmed characters, turn hypercam on and pic one goddamned picture at some point between round 1 fight and game over fatality and post that on your website. Just one goddamned picture. Or take seven at once, post'm all on monday. Or just take one a week, post it on a random day. Whatever. Just do something other than bait and troll and keep quiet for weeks on end.

I kn ow, personally, what a bitch it is to do streams and trailers and reveals and blah blah blah. Thats fine, save that shit for when its due. But just letting people know the game is out there is a simple community outreach that keeps hype from turnring into grief.

Smash Bros. is the model all fighting game releases should follow . An actual web site with actual information on it thats regularly updated, and one pic a day. There's no reason for less. Not like Smash Bros. is any less hype to its fans than MK or Marvel or SF because they get to actually see it once in a while.

A couple of animated gifs 2 months apart is not even remotely what I'm asking for. Just once a day take one intern, or producer or even qa drone, put him in a confirmed stage with a couple of confirmed characters, turn hypercam on and pic one goddamned picture at some point between round 1 fight and game over fatality and post that on your website. Just one goddamned picture. Or take seven at once, post'm all on monday. Or just take one a week, post it on a random day. Whatever. Just do something other than bait and troll and keep quiet for weeks on end.

I kn ow, personally, what a bitch it is to do streams and trailers and reveals and blah blah blah. Thats fine, save that shit for when its due. But just letting people know the game is out there is a simple community outreach that keeps hype from turnring into grief.

Smash Bros. is the model all fighting game releases should follow . An actual web site with actual information on it thats regularly updated, and one pic a day. There's no reason for less. Not like Smash Bros. is any less hype to its fans than MK or Marvel or SF because they get to actually see it once in a while.
I agree. But Ed and NRS knows how we are when they keep things wrapped. They get off to how much we want info and they want to keep that arcade feel of when there was so many secrets. They're sick bastards but i love them still.

trufenix

bye felicia
I agree. But Ed and NRS knows how we are when they keep things wrapped. They get off to how much we want info and they want to keep that arcade feel of when there was so many secrets. They're sick bastards but i love them still.
Believe me, I know why they don't. And I know why they don't, because it works. because "real" gamers, will buy it regardless. "real" gamers have already pre-ordered it. And even a shrewd gamer like me is not going to not get the game cause they were dicks about reveals months prior. I have been doing this slow painful dance since MK3 was just a flyer in the back of an egm.

My point is it doesn't have to be. There's no reason for it. There's no reason we can't see some screens of the 8 characters and 4 stages we already know in action. So we have something to talk about besides "Oh shit guyz, boon posted something yellow on twitter, tanya confirmed". Its asinine. It makes me want to not check this site every day, or boons twitter or anything, which in turn means I miss news.

And it seems like every game the amount of coverage gets thinner and thinner. MKvDC was the last time they put any sort of renders / wallpapers out for download, MK9 marked the death of the MKasts, and while Injustice's battle arena was eventaully awesome, it was preceded by almost 4 months of complete radio silence, and NONE of it ever turned up on XBL or PSN.

This game is coming out in April, 6 months away, and that's not even written on its website. You can't even find the trailers that have actual gameplay there, you have to dig through twitter or facebook or youtube, that's retarded. But if I type Smashbros.com in my browser and hit enter, I have every character and everything there is to know about the game at my finger tips. And that's without giving away the 8 hidden characters in the game. That's without giving away features and secrets. Or compromising the trailers that were released exclusively through this outlet or that. That's how it should be. Not, lets all crowd around the eventhubs / tym fire, do a rain dance and pray noobde gives us a trickle.

Believe me, I know why they don't. And I know why they don't, because it works. because "real" gamers, will buy it regardless. "real" gamers have already pre-ordered it. And even a shrewd gamer like me is not going to not get the game cause they were dicks about reveals months prior. I have been doing this slow painful dance since MK3 was just a flyer in the back of an egm.

My point is it doesn't have to be. There's no reason for it. There's no reason we can't see some screens of the 8 characters and 4 stages we already know in action. So we have something to talk about besides "Oh shit guyz, boon posted something yellow on twitter, tanya confirmed". Its asinine. It makes me want to not check this site every day, or boons twitter or anything, which in turn means I miss news.

And it seems like every game the amount of coverage gets thinner and thinner. MKvDC was the last time they put any sort of renders / wallpapers out for download, MK9 marked the death of the MKasts, and while Injustice's battle arena was eventaully awesome, it was preceded by almost 4 months of complete radio silence, and NONE of it ever turned up on XBL or PSN.

This game is coming out in April, 6 months away, and that's not even written on its website. You can't even find the trailers that have actual gameplay there, you have to dig through twitter or facebook or youtube, that's retarded. But if I type Smashbros.com in my browser and hit enter, I have every character and everything there is to know about the game at my finger tips. And that's without giving away the 8 hidden characters in the game. That's without giving away features and secrets. Or compromising the trailers that were released exclusively through this outlet or that. That's how it should be. Not, lets all crowd around the eventhubs / tym fire, do a rain dance and pray noobde gives us a trickle.
Sucks you feel that way. But some people actually like the suspense. Yah it sucks, but it builds so much hype around the game. Its what its know for. So far NRS hasnt let me down or the majority when building hype for a release. We still have six months and they keep saying how theres still so much to reveal. Hang in there lol

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8

Lol Arkham knight is doing the same thing