What's new

General/Other - Reptile REPTILE PATCH 8-31-2015 DISCUSSION

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Dear Based NRS,

After 5 long years you have finally heard our downplaying prayers and selivered us a top tier character once more...thank you. I am in tears if great joy on this day, for Reptile is now a problem. #awaitingnerfs

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
THere is one glitch though with Deceptive or maybe its intentional? @colt

When you start a combo with EX invis if you ever try to do the MB f21 grab, the MB will never come out.
well for what would you need this? I´d actually always go for [starter] (ex) invis f412 dash njp 21 f412 slide

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
R E P T I L E B O Y Z we in here.

So glad that even after I "dropped" this character after a few weeks, I kept secretly practicing bnbs 'n tech anyway. As soon as I saw patch notes I was like "oh, they gave us acid hand back." I can't wait to jump back in - he's forever my favorite MK character.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Now that he can combo with invis... anyone else just blown away with how cool it looks when he starts a combo with it as he fades away? lol

Israel

Noob
Ohh rrigghh.... i's is back in's buisness.

Thnk u Nrs for the reasonable buffs. i am now satisfied.

I haven't had the chance to play with him yet, but I still feel like that they haven't addressed his issue of always being meter. He can do a lot of cool shit with it, but he just never seems to have enough at the right time.

Thoughts?

huh

Noob
Ah Jesus, just tried him for 10 mins there & loved it! I asked for the MK9 Reptile & I got close, wish I could do the NJP after the 421 tho :(
i still can´t do it consistently aswell :/
One tip is to hold up and slide you thumb over 2-1 after the dash. I know, this is well known from mk9 days, but there is an additional trick:

If you slide the thumb through 2-1, and always be sure to make mistakes on the side of anticipating it, sometimes you'll get the njp correctly and sometimes you will input it too early and the string 21 will come out after the dash. Either case you get a combo. If you see njp hitting, follow up with 21, f412~ender. If you see that 21 came out instead, just do f412~ender. It's pretty much simple to react to.

This way, even when you fail, you succeed ;)

Just make sure you don't press 2-1 too late. It's the only of the 3 scenarios you'll drop the combo. And, of course, if you slide the thumb from 1-2 it doesn't work also. It has to be from 2-1 and inputing it on time or early.

Last edited:

huh

Noob
I haven't had the chance to play with him yet, but I still feel like that they haven't addressed his issue of always being meter. He can do a lot of cool shit with it, but he just never seems to have enough at the right time.

Thoughts?
Perhaps with swipe as a go to blockstring ender, and better usage of other specials due to better framedata, now we can build meter accordingly. Have to get some matches to confirm.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
To those who think you could go Klaw Swipe and Force Ball happy in offense now, just remember that there is a huge gap you could get hit out of between any move and the specials.

The opponent wouldn't even have to armor out, raw non -ex reversals do just fine

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
These buffs are pretty nice, but I honestly think Reptile's problem remains. He has an extreme dependency for meter. Meter is like his crack and he NEEDS it to function.

He's definitely a lot better and I'll continue to use him because he's very fun but the clamoring for top 10 is a little far fetched at this point still imho.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Man why you always hating on Noxious lol. Acid puddle with noxious is now going to be nasty plus having safe specials for extra DOT string damage.
The puddle buff is great, but the variation's issue with not directly enhancing his tools the way Deceptive and Nimble do, IMO makes it weaker. It's not meter reliant, but because Reptile builds meter better, that's not as big of an advantsge as it used to be.

That's not to say the variation is useless, though. Just now all his variations are useful.

EmoScoobyDoo

Maybe I'll have something to say ... Probably not
He should be building a lot more meter with a safe special at then end of a blockstring, and forceballs that can be used much more safely in the neutral game.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
These buffs are pretty nice, but I honestly think Reptile's problem remains. He has an extreme dependency for meter. Meter is like his crack and he NEEDS it to function.

He's definitely a lot better and I'll continue to use him because he's very fun but the clamoring for top 10 is a little far fetched at this point still imho.
Yeah, that's always going to be a major issue for him. It's slightly addressed with safe claw, but it's still a general issue.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I just want to apply for the position of conductor of the reptile bandwagon. However small or big it may be. It seems like this character might be problem when you guys figure out his new stuff.

huh

Noob
To those who think you could go Klaw Swipe and Force Ball happy in offense now, just remember that there is a huge gap you could get hit out of between any move and the specials.

The opponent wouldn't even have to armor out, raw non -ex reversals do just fine
Here are the gaps between moves and swipe:

EDIT: THE NUMBERS PREVIOUSLY CALCULATED WERE WRONG AND WERE ERASED. I HAND TESTED IT AND THE UPDATED INFO IS AS BELLOW:

f412 (0) swipe - a true blockstring with swipe, 1 frame gap with pounce
f41 (12) swipe
f4 (0) swipe - a true blockstring with swipe, 1 frame gap with pounce

4 ~ swipe - no gaps swipe nor pounce

34 (2) swipe
3 (3) swipe
b3 (12) swipe
f3 (2) swipe

f21 (2) swipe
f2 (5) swipe

212 (2) swipe
21 (6) swipe
2 (12) swipe

14 (13) swipe
12 (5) swipe
1 (12) swipe

b1d4 (14) swipe

d3 (16) swipe
d4 (14) swipe
d1 (15) swipe

Gaps in () for canceling into swipe. For pounce add 1 frame to the gap.

I tested it against several moves, increasing startup untill the string hit or traded.
Just let me know if you find any error.

Last edited: