What's new

Match-up Discussion Reptile Matchup Discussion Thread

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Easiest way to play Mileena is play footsies. Reptile's normals are already faster, so it's not rough at all. She doesn't have an answer to d4 xx acid hand, either.

Easiest way to play Mileena is play footsies. Reptile's normals are already faster, so it's not rough at all. She doesn't have an answer to d4 xx acid hand, either.
I think hero U4 can beat it tbh. If its at max range it kinda hard to punish d4 but it can be punished pretty hard if you are a bit closer.

THTB

I think hero U4 can beat it tbh. If its at max range it kinda hard to punish d4 but it can be punished pretty hard if you are a bit closer.
Yes, it can, but it has to be done early enough. If you do d3, the window gets really tight too. In comparison, Reptile can just b4 and it's a guaranteed stuff of her d3/d4.

Mr_Greenz91

d1 d1 d1 d1 d1
my most troublesome matchup right now is probably against kung lao; i honestly have no idea how to play it, any suggestions or advice?

Mr_Greenz91

d1 d1 d1 d1 d1
th
Use d4 alot and space yourself properly, reptile's hitbox gives KL problems.
Thanks...another thing I'm having trouble with: his teleport. There has to be a way for Reptile to properly punish KL's teleport on reaction other than the klassic uppercut. Recently I've been trying to punish it with d1 into 32xxfb, into finisher of choice; but I can't pull it off as consistently as I could wish for. Is the answer for KL's teleport d4, or is there a more consistent, damaging punish?

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
th
Thanks...another thing I'm having trouble with: his teleport. There has to be a way for Reptile to properly punish KL's teleport on reaction other than the klassic uppercut. Recently I've been trying to punish it with d1 into 32xxfb, into finisher of choice; but I can't pull it off as consistently as I could wish for. Is the answer for KL's teleport d4, or is there a more consistent, damaging punish?
Doing d1 into forceball is better than going for the 32, I think you can also do d4 into forceball but I'm not too sure. Or If you're having trouble with any of these you can always uppercut.

I have a question, is the matchup for Mileena that bad?

And if so, how? here is what I got from the first page 3-7 vs Mileena

Thank you in advance.

THTB

I have a question, is the matchup for Mileena that bad?

And if so, how? here is what I got from the first page 3-7 vs Mileena

Thank you in advance.
That list is old. The matchup now isn't as close to being that bad. I think it's even.

Does reptile have any bad matchups not counting Kabal? I keep getting bodied because i main kitana
Kabal really is even in my opinion.

Sonya gives him problems. Mileena is still a problem to me at times. But honestly nobody really dominates him in my opinion anymore. Some may have an advantage but not huge. Sub zero is my kryptonite but thtb convinced me its just me haha...I'm far to impatient.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

THTB

Does reptile have any bad matchups not counting Kabal? I keep getting bodied because i main kitana
He doesn't have any horrid matchups, but Sonya, Kenshi, Jax, and maybe Freddy are difficult.

Sent from my Odor Blocker using B.O. BLOCKING PAOWER!

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I am still sticking to sonya being a stupid hard mu, but that's just me, I haven't been keeping current with the mu in my absence either thought tbh.

I am still sticking to sonya being a stupid hard mu, but that's just me, I haven't been keeping current with the mu in my absence either thought tbh.
Sonya is tough. But with my play style I'd rather run a sonya gauntlet than play one sub zero.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Sonya is tough. But with my play style I'd rather run a sonya gauntlet than play one sub zero.

Dude SZ is a weird mu, just because you can win it so easily, but you are forced to play one way against him, and that is ZONE ZONE and COUNTER-ZONE haha, and I fucking hate it. I'm never allowed to go in because of clones!

THTB

I don't fear Sonya outside of Riu and maybe Foxy (fucker dive kicks you on reads consistently. So gay)

McNasty

Moist.
I don't fear Sonya outside of Riu and maybe Foxy (fucker dive kicks you on reads consistently. So gay)

:confused: Dude I dunno man... Ive been playing that match for just over of a month now and still dont feel comfortable enough to beat a "random" in a tourney setting. How do you start your offense? She has perpetual meter when shes in which makes dashing out a 40% standing reset risk. Her d4 shits on reptiles with that godlike magic hitbox that extends past her foot. Her 7frame jab makes his neutral on block offense irrelevant. Footsies? Sonya doesnt give a fuck about footsies. The best ive come up with is walk back d4 n create enough space to beat hers or not get DK'd or throw out d3s like its going out of style to bait a bad DK. My goal is to run away until I can get her to make 1 error be it DK or a miss spaced d4 but dash punishes for a character with the damage, chip, and comeback factor she has wont cut it.

How do you guys keep her in check?

sorry for the rant

Icy X

Noob
All I want to add or input here is that i honestly think reptile vs sheeva is a broken matchup in sheevas favor. If sheeva just telestomps all day with exception of some other specials like her fireball mixed in once in a while, it feels totally unfair and unbalanced.

Don't know how rest yall feel about that, or if I'm missing something, but I hqte thqt matchup lol.

Icy X

Noob
All I want to add or input here is that i honestly think reptile vs sheeva is a broken matchup in sheevas favor. If sheeva just telestomps all day with exception of some other specials like her fireball mixed in once in a while, it feels totally unfair and unbalanced.

Don't know how rest yall feel about that, or if I'm missing something, but I hqte thqt matchup lol.