What's new

General/Other - Reptile Reptile Bottom 5

Bottom 5 Yeees?

• Yes

Votes: 135 39.0%
  • NO

Votes: 211 61.0%

• Total voters
Well, when rest of the roster gets second looks and thirds and your main does not it's going to raise some concerns. Hell, when Reptile was revealed a lot of people thought he wasn't even done, yet nothing has really changed..
You are right. I remember when he was revealed and ppl were still concerned, but everyone else was like "he's not even out yet, it's too early to tell." Now that he's out and ppl are still worried, well...I guess there's never a right time for suggestions. Hell better bring it up now than when they are done patching and off to the next project.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Great, more people who don't use their opinion chiming in on what you are doing wrong. Ex pounce is not a good aa zoning tool. Extremely easy to bait out and you have to do it on a read not on reaction

Reactions: JDM

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Great, more people who don't use their opinion chiming in on what you are doing wrong. Ex pounce is not a good aa zoning tool. Extremely easy to bait out and you have to do it on a read not on reaction
I do it on reaction to most projectiles especially Kang and Sub. It has its uses, my issue is I get slide instead of far pounce way too much :(

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
Look at Reptile this way.. outside of one string he has no tools that don't require meter and your timing must be precise for mediocre damage. Should have made his official name F4,1,2.. Can't zone, poke, or pressure without EX FB. No safe normals. Can't save for Xray. Variations are pointless without meter and he has no meter building tools. Can't deny those problems.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I started this completely serious and still am. Threads like these always get derailed but I'm glad its mostly stayed on track.
Well like I said in my first post in this thread, I think your suggested buffs are too strong. And while I wasn't serious about Reptile being bottom 1 in the game, I do think that he heeds a slight buff and among my suggestions, even among the yellow highlighted ones, I feel that F4, F41 and F412 being neutral on block is the only thing he needs as it will solve his design flaws.

block pressure will build meter
getting a combo from F412 grants him good, meterless damage
his offense will be respected, opening the gate for his midscreen 50/50 game
his corner game improves tenfold and will match the corner games of top tier characters

While it will not solve his lack of solid AA, lack of solid counter-poking game and shitty fucking projectiles, his offensive buff will more than compensate for these problems.

Look at Reptile this way.. outside of one string he has no tools that don't require meter and your timing must be precise for mediocre damage. Should have made his official name F4,1,2.. Can't zone, poke, or pressure without EX FB. No safe normals. Can't save for Xray. Variations are pointless without meter and he has no meter building tools. Can't deny those problems.
Exactly.i feel like that character was slapped together for the simple fact that they've given him nimble.i don't feel as if that trait have anything to do with a character as such.i don't want him to be braindead safe and easy but I just don't see anything that balances out his flaws.i feel that a minor tweak or two in any direction would make a huge difference.the bigger issue like many have stated is the meter dependency/building and the properties of his variations.i don't believe he needs a grocery list of buffs.

I think its more likely we we'd get an oh klaw swipe than a neutral on block f412. It just seems too good to be true, imo its one of the best strings in the game because its so fast and leads to so many options. Id be satisfied if they make the recover a couple of frames shorter though

Method

Full Combo Punishable
I don't have access to frame data. How close to neutral on block is f41? I know it's negative, but how negative? I worked a lot at hit confirming that.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I don't have access to frame data. How close to neutral on block is f41? I know it's negative, but how negative? I worked a lot at hit confirming that.
it's -5. Hitconfirming is irrelevant to block advantage. And even more so with the option select.

I think its more likely we we'd get an oh klaw swipe than a neutral on block f412. It just seems too good to be true, imo its one of the best strings in the game because its so fast and leads to so many options. Id be satisfied if they make the recover a couple of frames shorter though
It's a good string but far from one of the best. It also CAN lead to many options but as it stands, no, it doesn't.

Method

Full Combo Punishable
it's -5. Hitconfirming is irrelevant to block advantage. And even more so with the option select.
Isn't f412 far more negative? Been awhile since I've studied Reptile's data. lol I've been playing like I'm gonna get lit up if I toss out f421 without confirming it. :p

I've been operating under the assumption (hope) that the option selects will be removed. I try not to use them ... to my own disadvantage, of course.

Last edited:

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
So Reptile is better than Lao? Guess there really is no point arguing in this thread and it's funny how you put your girl Jacqui in that list as well.
It's just my opinion. I think lao is very overrated, but that's just me. Jacqui on the other I defintely don't think is better. Love the character but way more flawed than people think. Also I've been done debating in this thread, I don't expect anyone in these retarded ass forums to listen. So please continue with yer day.

It's a good string but far from one of the best. It also CAN lead to many options but as it stands, no, it doesn't.
My bad but thats what i meant

One thing that gets me really mad when i use reptile is after training my opponents to keep blocking low after f41xxslide, ill do f41xx EXklaw pounce just to watch them react to it while reptile's in the air and then i eat a monster combo. Thats the main reason i believe klaw swipe should be OH.

JDM

Noob
Well, when rest of the roster gets second looks and thirds and your main does not it's going to raise some concerns. Hell, when Reptile was revealed a lot of people thought he wasn't even done, yet nothing has really changed..
Yep.