What's new

Reminder: NetherRealm Studios going live with Brutality Stream in 30 minutes!

Brutalities might trigger when, in the middle of a combo, your opponent's health reaches zero.

Just a guess.
Yes, I feel as though you can still use a brutality while the opponent has yet to fall to the ground for the "FINISH HIM!" prompt. It doesn't necessarily have to be the killing blow. At least I hope not.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
Don't...
Just... don't.

That guy always re-uploads content from the internet and uses it to make money on Youtube. It's disgusting.

Wait for NRS to upload the video on Youtube themselves and meanwhile you can link the twitch archive.
Agreed. Purposefully don't watch anything he puts up, he's a leech

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Holy fuck.

They said "Over 100"...

I love the way they set up the brutalities.

This way every match can end with a different finisher without it being a long and drawn out spectacle.

I'm getting erect just thinking about doing a long, sexy ass combo and finishing it with a brutality just to throw a little more salt in my opponent's face.

trufenix

bye felicia
The trailer was pretty weaksauce, as was having Derek 1r ko a bunch of characters back to back. Getting to see what they actually look like in the regular flow of battle is what finally sold me. Brutality is a shit name for them, but they can't call them ultimates and I can't actually come up with anything else so fuck it. I'm really hoping once you meet the requirements the activation is just landing the move and not some special brutality command. I do like the idea of having to unlock them, but if its gonna be one of those just keep guessing until you find the random button combination I'm just not going to bother.

Also, watching Tyler and Derek go at it for realsies with characters they know was without a doubt the hypest thing to come out in a while. Combos were landed, stuff was getting blocked and punished, reasonable interactible use, trolling, all of it. This game is going to look fucking bananas at release, I cannot wait.

trufenix

bye felicia
You just know it also has to do with the nostalgia factor and wanting to sell the new brutalities as something that players remember. Even if they don't look or work the same exact way as before.
Well, I'm a pretty loquacious individual and I can't honestly think of a better term anyway. Special moveality? Roundality? Speed kill? Quick kill? I actually like execution or death blow or something but I don't think it fits when you consider how varied they are.