What's new

Regarding the News with 16 Bit and Pig...

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
They weren't happy about how NEC and I believe one or two other events were ran/played out.
Instead of talking with the event coordinators about their concerns, then went on the internet/podcasts and bashed both them and their events to the entire FGC.
The coordinators got pissed.
Instead of cooler heads prevailing, internet wars continued, because, you know, we're all twelve apparently.
Escalation lead to banning.
If you are a respected member of the community, you should conduct yourself respectfully, as many eyes are on you and inevitably follow your lead.
With great power... and all that.
Talking about it doesn't matter. The only ones that can resolve the issue are those involved.
Questions? Comments? Concerns?

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Well until we get anything from either side of this, I'll pitch in with my thoughts in general. When I first started going to tournaments Shock and the whole east coast crew in general were very accommodating and seemed genuinely excited to help me and my teammates become more involved and grow as players. At our first tournament, I witnessed Big E solve numerous problems and he seemed genuinely helpful. On the other hand, Pig and Bit have both also been nothing but helpful to me and my team, whether pig gave me games online or Bit gave me advice on something, or whatever. Based off of this, I would say that whether this is a misunderstanding, or one side is clearly in the wrong, or whatever it may be, banning the players and having this conflict is only hurting us. Both sides are huge assets to this community and I honestly believe if they ended up on the same side, they could make things even better.

coolwhip

Noob
People get fired from real jobs for way less

grow up
And that argument is relevant how? I guess when someone gets fired from his job for less, you'll go and tell them: "children are dying in Gaza, grow up."

Well no shit, there's always something going on that's way more serious/unfortunate/tragic/etc... Doesn't mean two wrongs make a right. Seriously, that line of thinking is pretty flawed/stupid.

PS: When someone gets unfairly fired at my job, I'll make sure I show similar support. Happy?

coolwhip

Noob
What will getting them unbanned achieve?
Having two of the best players in the game participate in the tournament.

Plus, it's not about what unbanning them would achieve (as I guess you could argue there will still be a ton of high level players with or without them), but it's about what BANNING them achieves. It sets a dangerous precedent: you can get banned from a tournament if you speak up against the problems you've encountered when YOU paid money to travel and YOU paid money to participate.

Last edited:

coolwhip

Noob
Both Pig and 16Bit have big mouths that spill bull from time to time.
Giving your opinion that something ''sucks'' is not something that everyone tolerates.
I'd agree if it were simply a case of saying "this tournament sucks" and refusing to elaborate. But they actually stated their issues with the tournament clearly, and at least to my knowledge, the other party refused to engage in a conversation.

Last edited:

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Too bad this doesn't seem to apply to TO's.
I just don't see how this is our fight man. (Us being you or I)

I understand they are your boys...but if you talk trash, sometimes you have to deal with the consequences. Fact of the matter is, it's THEIR tournament. Pig and Bit can start their own tournament and ban Big E and all of Kombat network if they want.

In this case, I think it was a little too much being said on both sides, and one just decided to walk away from the other.

If Jimmy Potato walked into his local and told the organizer he was going to boycott his events unless he got his own private booth and free access to liquor, and then told everyone there that the standards are subpar compared to all other locals, I could understand the owner banning him and not welcoming him back with open arms.

It's a dick move, but I can understand it.

I understand they are your boys...but if you talk trash, sometimes you have to deal with the consequences. Fact of the matter is, it's THEIR tournament. Pig and Bit can start their own tournament and ban Big E and all of Kombat network if they want.

In this case, I think it was a little too much being said on both sides, and one just decided to walk away from the other.

If Jimmy Potato walked into his local and told the organizer he was going to boycott his events unless he got his own private booth and free access to liquor, and then told everyone there that the standards are subpar compared to all other locals, I could understand the owner banning him and not welcoming him back with open arms.

Goddamn @Jimmypotato This is why we can't have nice things.

cR_whiteboi

Jobbers are mouthpieces for gods.
I find this to be extremely disheartening. These guys are some of our best players and I personally believe to be good friends. And to see them get banned over voicing their opinions about a tournament being bad (which by the way FR was indeed a bad tournament.) is wrong. I understand there's two parts to the story, but I can't see anyway you can justify banning someone for voicing their opinions.
And for the people saying why does it matter? Its the principles. And for those who say its their tournament they can do whatever they want, I don't want to be apart of those tournaments then.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Too bad this doesn't seem to apply to TO's.
Who says it's doesn't?
I'm not saying either side is right in their decision, I'm simply pointing out the timeline.
You're the one assuming that I'm going after Pig and Bit because of the events that I stated- what does that tell you?
No one handled the situation well, but it's on those involved it amend it.

coolwhip

Noob

It's not that I don't see where you're coming from, and I'm not really making it *my* fight, I'm just stating my opinion in a thread meant to discuss this issue. Just because I can see why they were banned (and I do) doesn't mean I agree with it.

I don't want this to come off as fanboyish or some starstruck fan speaking, but these guys are EVO finalists in both MK9 and Injustice, and have been testers on NRS games. In the context of this community, TestYourMight, and our competitive scene, this is a big deal. They are assets to the community even if their behavior isn't always exemplary.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I find this to be extremely disheartening. These guys are some of our best players and I personally believe to be good friends. And to see them get banned over voicing their opinions about a tournament being bad (which by the way FR was indeed a bad tournament.) is wrong. I understand there's two parts to the story, but I can't see anyway you can justify banning someone for voicing their opinions.
And for the people saying why does it matter? Its the principles. And for those who say its their tournament they can do whatever they want, I don't want to be apart of those tournaments then.
That would also be your choice.

My point isn't to back anyone...it's just the whole biting the hand that feeds.

I am in no way saying I agree with anything going down in this situation, I am just saying I can understand WHY it went that way.

The reason why Murphy's Job analogy actually DID make sense is because if I went and told my boss that I think his business should be run differently, and I demand a raise or I will not be returning to work, he has the right to either concede to my demands, meet me in the middle, or of course let me seek different employment.

In this case, it seems Big E and Co, are letting them seek different tournaments.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
It's not that I don't see where you're coming from, and I'm not really making it *my* fight, I'm just stating my opinion in a thread meant to discuss this issue. Just because I can see why they were banned (and I do) doesn't mean I agree with it.

I don't want this to come off as fanboyish or some starstruck fan speaking, but these guys are EVO finalists in both MK9 and Injustice, and have been testers on NRS games. In the context of this community, TestYourMight, and our competitive scene, this is a big deal. They are assets to the community even if their behavior isn't always exemplary.
I understand this perspective completely.

There are very few in this community with "Celeb" status tho. Being hollywood here really doesn't mean all that much. By that I mean, no matter how well you place or how many tournaments you win, you still have to treat other people respectfully and use the proper channels of communication. I understand what Bit and Pig were trying to do, they just may have rustled too many jimmies and could have handled it a bit better.

Pretty sure all parties involved probably feel the same way.

We can share our opinions all day on the matter, but nothing will get done until those two parties talk to one another in a respectful manner and get things settled.